Pro Wrestling Only

WWE: The Draft (Rules, Rosters, etc.)

C.S.

Isn't USA network in a pinch right now? I doubt they can afford to drop their most watched programme.

I don't know about that All I know is that ratings are in the toilet and that USA are not happy (hence the split) and that WWE are ice cold as a show.

I'm not sure about the overall picture of health for the network, but USA does have Mr. Robot as well, which is probably the hottest scripted program on television right now, in addition to being a critical darling. So there is some good news for them that doesn't rely on WWE.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have enough for 2 tag-team titles. Or 2 divisions with the champions floating.

New Day, Enzo/Cass, Anderson/Gallows, Dudleys, Golden Truth, Shining Stars, American Alpha, Usos, Breezango, Vaudevillains, Ascension, and Hype Brothers.

That's 12 teams. You also have Revival in NXT and the option of Harper/Rowan when Harper returns. That gives you 14 teams.

As for the Women.

Charlotte, Sasha, Dana Brooke, Paige, Nia Jax, Alicia Fox, Summer Ray, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Eva Marie, and Carmella.

That's 13 women. Plus at some point Emma, Tamina, and maybe Nikki return. That's brings the total up to 16. Call up Bayley and Asuka and you have 18. Imo that's enough for 2 Womens titles. It's enough for 2 divisions with the champion floating.

RAW: WWE, Tag-Team, US, Womens, Cruisers

SDL. World, Tag-Team, IC, Womens.

I still think they shoulda split the Women and Cruisers off. One too RAW the other SDL.

Oh, man... Try to fantasy-book an exciting, compelling PPV card with the SmackDown roster as it stands right now. It's really, really difficult.

Ambrose vs AJ (Title)

Cena vs Miz (IC)

American Alpha vs Bray/Rowan

Usos vs Vaudevillians

Becky vs Bliss

Orton vs Corbin

Kalisto vs Ziggler

Apollo vs Del Rio

You are right, it is not easy.

Hard to do much better then that.

Here's hoping Styles and Ambrose have good ring chemistry. That could carry them for a while. Hopefully they will be able to add Joe and/or Shinsuke down the road. Otherwise, it looks like the interesting match-ups are going to dry up pretty quickly.

The internet's speculation created a much more exciting draft then what actually happened. I guess WWE is gonna WWE. I am not sure where the disconnect is between Creative writing characters with certain motives (Shane wants to create a hip show that is focused on wrestling and the young talent and wants to use Daniel Bryan's knowledge of wrestling and the wrestlers to pick the best roster) and Corporate making decrees regardless (Smackdown getting Kane, Miz, and Orton). Shane just came off like a complete dumbass. If he KNEW going in that he would be down several picks- why not draft New Day and American Alpha after the smoozefest of Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Lesnar, Cena, and Styles. I understand those guys being the top picks. But after that it should have been game on for Smackdown and instead....wow!

The worse thing is that WWE could have easily said that certain NXT wrestlers cannot be drafted for whatever reason and then boom. That would explain why Joe, Nakamura, Asuka, Bayley, Aries, etc. were not picked up. DB, kayfabe, was suppose to be advising Shane and he didn't feel the need to mention Zayn, Cesaro, or Owens but made sure to bring up Kane, Orton, and Miz? Unreal. WWE could have really had its cake and eat it to. Every Monday could have been Stephanie's jack-off show where Reigns, Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Orton, Sheamus, ADR, and Miz are billed as the top attractions while JBL, King, and Cole do the commentary and Smackdown could have been Styles, Cena, Rollins, Zayn, Balor, American Alpha, New Day, and Cesaro billed as the top attractions while Mauro and Graves call the action. Lesnar should have just been the guy who had such a special contract that he is allowed to go wherever he feels whenever he feels. Same with Taker. I would have also like if Raw/SD had to choose at the start who gets what as far as divisions are concerned because the half ass stuff happening on Smackdown with the women is eye rolling. Women's title on Smackdown, CW title on Raw, IC on Raw, US on Smackdown, and have the tag and WHC float between brands. Of course Raw can have the 'eye candy' women who shouldn't wrestling at all like Maryse, Eva Marie, Alicia Fox, etc.

It really wasn't that hard.