The Project's General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#21 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3144 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

I'll do All Japan if you open it up. Them just book the tours and do the 83 project the off times.

#22 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

The problem with just doing AJPW, is in 95 we need NJPW, WAR, and FMW at the very least. Japan is so loaded at the time, that you would need as many players as in the US.

#23 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

95 and SMW seems like a good fit for me 

Awesome. That is the exact year I was hoping for.

By the way, after thinking about it, announcers should probably be linked to their promotions.

#24 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3144 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

If someone wants to do at least njpw I'd be down with AJPW and working with tours and such could be w great element. I'd even use the 1995 AJPW roster minus the gaijin and not raid njpw or FMW if need be.

#25 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

I would be open but need some help.  I know almost nothing about the Indies.  Would it be possible to do Southern States Wrestling which opened up in 1991 and was also in Kingsport,TN. I do not want to step on anyone's toes and that might be two close to Smoky Mountain.  If someone who knows more than me could recommend a Southern Wrastlin Style indy I would be up for that.

#26 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2594 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

I could always try that project as well. I don't know what's left that is available if you're starting in 1995 but with a bit of help for that period to get started, I should be fine.

I should be able to juggle the 1983 Project with that, if necessary. But 1983 Project is my main priority.

#27 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

IWA-Mid South would be available (it can start a year early) in the Indiana/Kentucky area. Death matches and a huge training ground (Hero, Punk and Cabana came from there).

APW in California (Christopher Daniels, Michael Modest prmotion) is available.

Outside of that, really any thing could be made. It's indies, pick an area and go for it. we could even open OMEGA with the Hardy Boyz in the Carolina's if that is an interest.

Basically though, I'm sure we can find an indie to run an area in the country with monthly shows.

I was thinking too, the advantage of the indies would be they get to draft the rookies that debut. It would be a nice constellation prize, for losing talent to bigger promotions from time to time.

#28 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Since you are would allow Omega which started in 97, would it be ok if I did Mason Dixon Wrestling which also opened in 97.  It focused on old NWA stars and a mix of new young talent.  This would give me something I am familiar with.

#29 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

Since you are would allow Omega which started in 97, would it be ok if I did Mason Dixon Wrestling which also opened in 97.  It focused on old NWA stars and a mix of new young talent.  This would give me something I am familiar with.

Compltely man.

#30 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

To update, we have (so far, tenatively)

Starting September 1st 1995 (conveniently when the MNWs actually started).

Scarlet-Left = WCW

I Broke Bruno's Neck = WWF

Grimmas = ECW

Wahoos Leg = SMW

toproplepodcast = USWA

kevinmcfl = Mason Dixie Wrestling

#31 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2594 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

If you open up the possibility for Japan, I'd be willing to give it a shot with New Japan. Providing that anyone else is interested in doing Japan as well. If not, I'll just pass and read your stuff ;)

#32 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

Yeah... Japan needs a minimum of four people (NJPW, AJPW, WAR, and FMW). Remember Japan has way more talent and popularity than USA had at the time. 

Plus, you aren't really booking angles in Japan, just matches, so it's a different feel too. If there is enough interest though, I could switch to FMW. I know Low Blow is looking at AJPW. If somebody wants WAR, that would open ECW up for others. Lots of promotions in Japan, if that is an interest, just remember Japan is booked different than USA

#33 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2594 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

I'm fully aware of all you said. That's why I was aiming for New Japan. Given that I'm not too familiar with anything other than the big 3  in the 90's (contrarily to the 80's where I'm more familiar with the territory stuff), I thought that New Japan would be better suited for me and I'm very comfortable with that booking style.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what you'll decide.

#34 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:18 AM

IF Japan gets included and IF the promotions you want are all taken, I'd like to do Michinoku Pro. My local indy (Osaka Pro) wasn't formed until '98, but it was in some ways born from Michinoku Pro (particularly in re: Super Delfin) and I just have a genuine love for Japanese regional indies. 

If not, no hard feelings!

#35 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

Scarlet-Left = WCW
Grimmas = ECW
Wahoos Leg = SMW
toproplepodcast = USWA

This is a great start-date (maximum potential for deviation). I'm pumped up!

Also, if I read you correctly, Eric Bischoff is locked in for me? Or Ted Turner?

Come to think of it, for the purposes of the game, will I be in control of just WCW or TBS itself?

#36 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Scarlet-Left = WCW
Grimmas = ECW
Wahoos Leg = SMW
toproplepodcast = USWA

This is a great start-date (maximum potential for deviation). I'm pumped up!

Also, if I read you correctly, Eric Bischoff is locked in for me? Or Ted Turner?

Come to think of it, for the purposes of the game, will I be in control of just WCW or TBS itself?

You'd get Bischoff, Schiavone, etc.... plus Turner, I guess, if you wanted.

IF Japan gets included and IF the promotions you want are all taken, I'd like to do Michinoku Pro. My local indy (Osaka Pro) wasn't formed until '98, but it was in some ways born from Michinoku Pro (particularly in re: Super Delfin) and I just have a genuine love for Japanese regional indies. 

If not, no hard feelings!

M-Pro would be amazing.

But NJPW, AJPW, FMW, M-Pro is a good start actually.

That opens up ECW.

#37 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:20 AM

You'd get Bischoff, Schiavone, etc.... plus Turner, I guess, if you wanted.

Yes, it's not a big deal either way but there are a few things having Turner could be good for.

#38 I Broke Bruno's Neck

I Broke Bruno's Neck

Stan Hansen Is GOD!!!

• Banned
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

It looks like Wahoo's Leg might be picking our starting point, based on what promotion he wants. 

Once he does, we can hash out rules (I have some cool stealing talent ideas) and I can make roster lists.

I do think, because the promotions are on tiers (WCW/WWF, ECW/USWA/SMW, others) that we should protect more than one person to start.

I'm thinking for protection, everybody gets their owner and then the below for whatever time period we are starting with.

Tier 1: WCW/WWF

Protect 4 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 3 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 2: USWA/SMW/ECW

Protect 3 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 2 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Protect 3 pieces of talent.

Of course, you have the option to not protect anyone.

All I want in these protections is to avoid anything insane like Randy Savage headlining a once a month small indie. Are people in agreement with that, or is that me being too picky?

By 1 non-wrestler, are you talking about announcers or other folks in general?

#39 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:11 PM

It looks like Wahoo's Leg might be picking our starting point, based on what promotion he wants. 

Once he does, we can hash out rules (I have some cool stealing talent ideas) and I can make roster lists.

I do think, because the promotions are on tiers (WCW/WWF, ECW/USWA/SMW, others) that we should protect more than one person to start.

I'm thinking for protection, everybody gets their owner and then the below for whatever time period we are starting with.

Tier 1: WCW/WWF

Protect 4 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 3 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 2: USWA/SMW/ECW

Protect 3 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 2 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Protect 3 pieces of talent.

Of course, you have the option to not protect anyone.

All I want in these protections is to avoid anything insane like Randy Savage headlining a once a month small indie. Are people in agreement with that, or is that me being too picky?

By 1 non-wrestler, are you talking about announcers or other folks in general?

Managers essentially.

I think we will keep announcers and referees as is. Might need to rethink keepers, especially if Japan is involved.

#40 topropepodcast

topropepodcast
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

I'll switch to ECW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users