Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saving Sid over Bret Hart seems insane to me....

If he's anything like me, he might have made his protections with a plan in mind rather than just going for the four best workers or top stars.

Edit: For example, I've made my protections for an emergency scenario.

Basically, if I end up with only my protections and a bunch of scrubs, can I still book a few months of solid television?

If he's anything like me, he might have made his protections with a plan in mind rather than just going for the four best workers or top stars.

Well Hogan and Bret are the two I am most curious about where they end up.

As for the game, FMW is in a weird spot, so its cool for me.

Onita is on sabbatical and the new owner took over in May wanting to get away from death matches and focus on more sports entertainment. Really allows me to go in any direction.

I hear Bret has a passport and is looking for revenge against Tiger Mask 2.

I hear he's looking for a payout from Billionaire Ted.

So.. all the protection lists are in. I'll work on draft list, but in the meantime...

Everybody cool with the rules?

Any ruling on joshi and shoot style? No pure promotions being controlled by humans for them, which means if any Japanese promotions wants to have a women's division (FMW already has one) or use shoot style guys, the talent is unlimited. Should maybe AJW and UWFI or RINGS be ghost promotions or let them be free agents ready to go anywhere?

People on sabbatical like Warrior, Rick Rude, Hennig, Piper, Onita should they be undraftable or let them be drafted, but if they are injured they can't return till then?

Any ruling on joshi and shoot style? No pure promotions being controlled by humans for them, which means if any Japanese promotions wants to have a women's division (FMW already has one) or use shoot style guys, the talent is unlimited. Should maybe AJW and UWFI or RINGS be ghost promotions or let them be free agents ready to go anywhere?

I'd like a free agent rule, let them go wherever they're needed. This time period in the USA ('94-'97) was basically Alundra/Madusa against flown-in joshi, tags and singles.

People on sabbatical like Warrior, Rick Rude, Hennig, Piper, Onita should they be undraftable or let them be drafted, but if they are injured they can't return till then?

I'm, actually, happy with it either way (they enter upon real-life calendar return, or a month prior, or they're eligible from the start but unusable, if injured, until then).

That's a tricky question. I can definitely see guys like Hennig & Rude for instance being drafted and being put in a managerial role for the time being (keeping up with the historical course of the project here) and being active later. I guess it would all depend on where they end up?

People who should be draftable for whatever (after all, most of those guys were just looking for a big enough paycheck to come back), but obviously, injured guys should stay out until they're cleared as in RL. The only questionable folks would be Hennig & Rude, who were both able to "go" in a sense, but simply were making more off their Lloyd's of London payouts.

People who should be draftable for whatever (after all, most of those guys were just looking for a big enough paycheck to come back), but obviously, injured guys should stay out until they're cleared as in RL. The only questionable folks would be Hennig & Rude, who were both able to "go" in a sense, but simply were making more off their Lloyd's of London payouts.

Road Warrior Animal is out with the same Lloyds deal.

I am amazed at how you know who is injured and all that. Is there a website for this?

I also recommend that you somewhat limit the wrestlers you put it. There are only like 9 of us and if you add too many wrestlers, Tier 2 and 3 rosters will start to look too good. I also think that Tier 1 should be the only one drafting in the first round to help set them apart.

I think that we're all savvy enough to keep the rosters as realistic and authentic as possible and I would be surprised to see owners from Tier 2 promotions go after the top stars. But I definitely understand what Kevin is saying here. Whatever Grimmas decides should be fine for everyone.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I picked Michinoku Pro because I like M-pro and I wanna book M-pro like M-pro, if you get my drift. So, even if Stan Hansen or King Kong Bundy are still up there when it's my turn to pick... as amusing as the idea of Bundy working base in a fast-paced six-man might be... I'm not gonna pick 'em

THAT BEING SAID...

Osaka Pro used to have lots of fun with having one legit shooter (Pancrase veteran/Fujiwara trainee Takaku Fuke) and a couple of Joshi stars (Kyusai Nina Ranmaru and Apple Miyuki) as semi-regular participants in their comedy 6-man matches. One sure-fire gag was to have Fuke try to lure Apple into his guard. Sheer hilarity! It might be worthwhile for me to cherry pick a couple of shoot style and/or joshi workers who might fit a similar role.

180491_10150131201200358_4795498_n.jpg?o

40974_464873730357_201202_n.jpg?oh=5251d

34228_442293430357_2565684_n.jpg?oh=1530

Everybody's lists are in. I'm almost done the draft list, so we can start later this week.

It looks like people are going to keep their promotions realistic, which is great.

One rule I'm going to throw out there is that Terry Funk has a 4 month limit on keeping him in your promotion. Then you have to give him up to free agency, otherwise it seems wrong.

FMW has no direction know, due to Onita leaving, so I have some figuring out to do. Probably going for a variety show with death matches, women, juniors, and strong style wrestling.