25 replies to this topic

#21 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Been working on the free agency thing.

I think rookies should still be Tier C-D draft.. will make a list for newcomers from that for future months.

As for free agents, making a list similar to the draft list where it lists

Wrestler (Tiers Available, regions available, whether they are a free agent or just available for bookings).

I really think, just first come first serve for free agents and bookings. Why make it more complicated?

So yeah, you still have roster limits set before (and 35% of foreign talent limit). Outside of that, people can just sign up the free agents.

As for tour bookings or indies booking super shows, same thing, just first come first serve. Maybe put a one tour limit for picking up people for tours, though. AJPW shouldn't be claiming free agents for tours 3 months from now, when others might want to sign them.

If you are at the roster limit, you can just fire someone and they become a free agent. 

Also, we can drop people down tiers if they stay on free agency for too long.

Returning stars might want to a draft though.. not sure, what do you folks think of that and the other thoughts I posted?

#22 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

In terms of picking up free agents, since I'm only running around one show a month can I just say something like "UWFi picks up free agent x for 4 shows" and list the dates?

#23 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:10 AM

Yep. Just don't go too far into future

#24 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1448 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

Might it be worth considering placing (for example) a one-rookie, one free-agent limit for the first, say, ten hours or even 24 hours? It would serve two purposes: 1) gives everyone a chance/prevents right-time-right-place guys (like me) from snapping up everyone good, and 2) it limits the chances/temptation for someone to turn over a huge chunk of their roster in mid-stream.

#25 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

Might it be worth considering placing (for example) a one-rookie, one free-agent limit for the first, say, ten hours or even 24 hours? It would serve two purposes: 1) gives everyone a chance/prevents right-time-right-place guys (like me) from snapping up everyone good, and 2) it limits the chances/temptation for someone to turn over a huge chunk of their roster in mid-stream.

Like that.

#26 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

Updated rules. Bolded new/fixed items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users