Pro Wrestling Only

Joey Styles has been released

raul

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the video in question, but rumor has it that he did video Q & A on Facebook a while back where he made some shooty shoot comments which may have upset the WWE office - including some statements about Vince's stubbornness regarding the Reigns face push. As I said, I didn't see it, but that's the big rumor as of this moment.

Anybody see the video in question? It has apparently been yanked from FB and YouTube, which seems to lend some credence to the theory that it upset somebody.

I didn't see the video in question, but rumor has it that he did video Q & A on Facebook a while back where he made some shooty shoot comments which may have upset the WWE office - including some statements about Vince's stubbornness regarding the Reigns face push. As I said, I didn't see it, but that's the big rumor as of this moment.

Anybody see the video in question? It has apparently been yanked from FB and YouTube, which seems to lend some credence to the theory that it upset somebody.

This seems to be the leading theory. From what I can tell it wasn't all that shooty-shoot but more like Joey was coming off like he gave 0 fucks.

I was just looking around, and another rumor I read is that his contract was up and he wanted to leave. Yet another claimed that VP in Charge of New Media or whatever position Joey had (basically in charge of WWE.com) was the job Shane used to have, so maybe Styles got nosed out so Shane could have the job back? Not sure of the reliability of either theory. Will be interesting to see what Mr. Meltzer comes up with.

I can see sek being right, though. Even if his contact wasn't coming up, Styles always struck me as a guy who had no issue speaking his mind, regardless of the consequences. Even though he looked like a bit of nerd/geek, he wasn't S-A-W-F-T. Hell, this is the guy who knocked out JBL.

I saw the video and it really wasn't anything too "shoot" as people made it seem. I mean he thought the name of the title was kind of dumb not a big deal and he didn't understand why Reigns is being shoved but he used the "Vince has many correct things in the past" to justify why he is doing it now.

The only thing I can come up is after hearing someone over and over again say that his comments is going to get him fired you just can't take it anymore and just fire him

• 3 months later...

Now Styles has been canned by Evolve for making a grab-her-by-the-pussy joke to ring announcer Joanna Rose during Evolve 72, which has led to plenty of complaints about what a beta SJW cuck Gabe Sapolsky is. Of course, the issue wasn't so much with the comment itself as the fact that Styles disobeyed a direct order to not make any political comments. Plus, by all accounts, he was doing a shitty job on commentary.

His "joke" was deplorable but I don't agree with Beyond Wrestling and apparently now CHIKARA also canning him for something that didn't even happen in their respective companies.

They're private businesses that are free to decide who should represent their brand. Perhaps you don't think his comments merited termination, but that's absolutely a decision they're entitled to make.

His "joke" was deplorable but I don't agree with Beyond Wrestling and apparently now CHIKARA also canning him for something that didn't even happen in their respective companies.

Yep, wait till he makes deplorable jokes on their show and they get embarrassed before they fire him too.

Fuck him. Sexual assault is not funny. Plus, not to mention the misogynist commentary I've heard him do on Beyond. He's a product of an old era and he's not needed now. Nobody is paying any money because Joey Styles is commentating.

The actual clip is not nearly as offensive as you'd be led to believe by the response it generated online. The audience kind of groaned, then popped when he turned it around to be talking about Stokely. And the popped when he said the announcer looked lovely at the start. Dude got canned not because of a sexual assault joke, but because he did exactly what Gabe told him not to do, and then made a show of doing exactly what Gabe told him not to do.

I hate this PC shit. Deplorable? Really? I'd go with not offensive but not funny either. Did anybody catch SNL this week? They made at least a half dozen grab 'em by the pussy jokes, all of which were funny. I probably hear at least two or three Trump jokes a week at work, all of which are worse than this. I just find the hypocracy to be mind boggling. 7 years ago, I was at a wrestling show booked by Gabe Sapolzski where a guy stabbed a women with a spike and that was his babyface turn. That is deplorable. If anything a Donald Trump grab em by the pussy joke is played out.

It's a fair point if he was told not to do political jokes beforehand, though I'd argue it's not that political given Trump's history with wrestling and that the joke wasn't about any of his announced political stances. It seems like a dick move for Chikara and Beyond to fire him solely for that. The outrage over it is dumb given that it's not something that would feel out of place at all if said in the company where Styles built his name. What this amounts to is an ECW talent getting ass blasted for acting like an ECW talent. Fuck PC culture.

The actual clip is not nearly as offensive as you'd be led to believe by the response it generated online. The audience kind of groaned, then popped when he turned it around to be talking about Stokely. And the popped when he said the announcer looked lovely at the start. Dude got canned not because of a sexual assault joke, but because he did exactly what Gabe told him not to do, and then made a show of doing exactly what Gabe told him not to do.

Isn't that really fucked up? First who cares what the reaction was. Joking about sexual assault is messed up. Second going against a wish to not be political should not be a bigger deal than joking about sexual assault.