Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely trying to pivot a little. I'm thinking more brawling along the lines of mid 80s Crockett and less... Exploding Ring Death Match.

That sounds about right for ECW. You do have Cactus, Raven and Dreamer, so that's not a bad base for that.

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to take a Vertical Drop Brain-buster followed by an Everest German Suplex followed by a Backdrop Driver followed by a Northern Lights Bomb followed by a whole lot of Roundhouse kicks, and then tap out to a Fujiwara arm bar."

Ah well, there goes any chance of Masao Orihara & Takeshi Ono being on the same roster. It was always one of my whims in a fantasy booking setting like this to have Minis versions of them called the Tonpachi Machine Pistols.

Nice! We can hopefully have talent exchanges and so forth. I think elliot, Grimmas, and I can work together something like how BattleArts, FMW, and M-Pro worked together in the "real world" universe (i.e. once in a while and almost always to good effect).

I was hoping to tag Orihara and Ono up as Sasuke the Great and Masked Tiger in the tag tournament. I had to jgrab Orihara in order to make a trios team of Great Sasuke, Great Kosuke, and Secret Sasuke down the line.

Ah well, there goes any chance of Masao Orihara & Takeshi Ono being on the same roster. It was always one of my whims in a fantasy booking setting like this to have Minis versions of them called the Tonpachi Machine Pistols.

Nice! We can hopefully have talent exchanges and so forth. I think elliot, Grimmas, and I can work together something like how BattleArts, FMW, and M-Pro worked together in the "real world" universe (i.e. once in a while and almost always to good effect).

I was hoping to tag Orihara and Ono up as Sasuke the Great and Masked Tiger in the tag tournament. I had to jgrab Orihara in order to make a trios team of Great Sasuke, Great Kosuke, and Secret Sasuke down the line.

FMW and UWFi has already started talking about an angle!

Hey, I always need people to fill out my undercard and for Super Leather to kill!

Man, I can think of angles for Hayabusa, Jinsei Shinzaki (duh), Ricky Fuji, La Parka, Hanzo, and Matsunaga in M-Pro. They's all get put over, or at least made to look good in losing. Or we could send six guys over to do a "Michinoku Pro Offer Match" on one of your big shows... I could see Funaki or Smiley doing jobs on the UWFi undercard or working a BattleArts kinda deal with, say, Ishikawa, and Otsuka, Ikeda and Matsunaga, and Mochizuki, and TAKA in some combination... endless possibilities for when we wanna spice things up or put on a big show or even maybe some day run a joint show in Tokyo or Osaka...

Man, I can think of angles for Hayabusa, Jinsei Shinzaki (duh), Ricky Fuji, La Parka, Hanzo, and Matsunaga in M-Pro. They's all get put over, or at least made to look good in losing. Or we could send six guys over to do a "Michinoku Pro Offer Match" on one of your big shows... I could see Funaki or Smiley doing jobs on the UWFi undercard or working a BattleArts kinda deal with, say, Ishikawa, and Otsuka, Ikeda and Matsunaga, and Mochizuki, and TAKA in some combination... endless possibilities for when we wanna spice things up or put on a big show or even maybe some day run a joint show in Tokyo or Osaka...

Yeah, those are all perfect and really what happened at the time too.

By the way, can we talk about how ECWA is quietly becoming the best! Kamala!!!!!!!!

Draft over!

If you want to sign up free agents, I will have that list up later today. Remember if you are an indie feel free to sign people for just one show (date) or if you are a touring Japanese company, feel free to sign up people for tours (just not past September).