Pro Wrestling Only

[2006-03-22-Big Mouth Loud] Yuki Ishikawa & Munenori Sawa vs Katsumi Usuda & Manabu Hara

GOTNW

This was a spotfest, in the sense that there wasn't really a theme established during the match and it was more about the flashiness of the work. And it was a very good one. Hara is the least noteworthy guy here but even he is good, I always have time for a midcarder with nice kicks even if he doesn't offer much more. I loved the way Sawa used ring positioning in his striking exchanges vs Hara to express both dominance and peril and his usage of pro style moves was amusing. Ishikawa really is the master of making simple holds look deadly-it's not just that he knows how to properly apply them, he really wrenches on them and contemplantes them with great facial expressions and body language. I think they could've gotten more out of what they did here by attaching clearer roles to everyone involved but as an exhibition of violence and flashy matwork this was pretty neat. Also popped big for Usuda's Shining Wizard counter and Sawa cutting Usuda off near seconds before the finish. ***1/4-***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2006-03-22-Big Mouth Loud] Yuki Ishikawa & Munenori Sawa vs Katsumi Usuda & Manabu Hara