Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-06-29-BJW-Road to Ryogokutan 2016] Hideki Suzuki vs Takuya Nomura

GOTNW

SHOOT STYLE LIVES! Kinda sort of. This was pretty shooty-pretty much a Battlarts/Futen match with pinfalls, and it was more HC than a lot of those. Loved Suzuki in control, he'd do these awesome details like hook Nomura's leg to remain in control and do the greatest small package in history (not really from the standpoint of milking it out from drama but the sheer proficiency in its execution), if there was ever a small package I would show to someone to convince them you could do it in a real fight it was here. There's also awesome stuff like Nomura attempting the Sakuraba stomps on Suzuki only for Suzuki to catch his leg, Suzuki Kneebarring Nomura and Nomura tring to slap his way out of it, the match in general is very fluid and they do a greatjob of transitioning form one point to another naturally so you have Nomura pin Suzuki>Suzuki kicks out>Nomura immediately grabs the arm and goes for an Armbar and similar sequences that achieve that effect. ***1/4

Hideki Suzuki always works how I'd want Minoru Suzuki to work all the time and if his run lasts long enough I see him becoming an all timer for me.

Really fun kicker v. grappler match, Nomura has fast hands and nice kicks and Suzuki responds by just beasting him with wrestling. He has these great looking takedowns and amateur wrestling small packages, where he folds Nomura like a blanket he is putting in a hamper. Nomura had his moments, but this was all about Suzuki as an old school MUGA asskicker, headlock takeovers, Boston crabs and a backbreaker which looked literal rather then figurative, a little one sided, but cool shit. I am going to have to go on a Suzuki binge.

• GSR changed the title to [2016-06-29-BJW-Road to Ryogokutan 2016] Hideki Suzuki vs Takuya Nomura