Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-07-24-BJW] Hideki Suzuki & Takuya Nomura vs Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yoshihisa Uto

GOTNW

WAR tag matches fucking rule and I'm glad to see the Suzuki-Nakanoue feud bring them back, this wasn't as good as the 5/30 tag but few things in life are as good as PRIDE stomps to the head and that match had those. This one wasn't that crazy, but it was still the kind of japanese wrestling I fell in love with and continue to love, no bullshit "uwaaaa who has better weak looking forearm strikes between the two of us" everything here is very rough, you have guys pushing each other into corners, taking each other down, knocking each other off the apron, it's neat and the escalation of the violence is done extremely well too. Suzuki's takedowns are a thing of beauty in particular, he makes an arm winger takedown look like art. I really liked everyone's performances in this one, Nomura continues to wrestle like the shooty kicker I'd want him to, desperately attempting leglocks and armbars, Nakanoue matches Suzuki in violence and really lays his stuff in as does Uto who brough an interesting flair to this match, everything he does is pro style but he does some really creative moves that aren't creative for creativeness sake, pretty much everything he invents includes brutally cranking his opponent's neck and that is the type of stuff I love to see. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2016-07-24-BJW] Hideki Suzuki & Takuya Nomura vs Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yoshihisa Uto