Pro Wrestling Only

Michinoku Pro Wrestling Thread

gordi

During the break, people kept coming over to give me small presents. Literally dozens of them, often from people I barely even know. I was, and still am, a little overwhelmed. I guess Morioka is going to miss me, too.

Super Delfin, Shiro Koshinaka, and Kuniaki Kobayashi vs. Dos Caras, Jado, and Gedo

We'd wanted Delfin to play "face in peril" in this match, but he'd insisted it would work better if Kobayashi played that role and he got the hot tag. Gedo had made a suggestion, and after some thought, I had agreed to it. They essentially no-sold Delfin's "house afire" performance, then dealt him some very stiff strikes in the the heel corner. That led to another mask-ripping performance from Caras, which the crowd cheered wildly. An obviously frustrated Delfin fled backstage, covering his face. Naniwa met him there, and took him outside to talk.

I guess we'll see if the light's going to go on for him, too.

El Samurai vs. Kyoko Inoue

Kyoko came to the ring accompanied by her former tag team partner Takako Inoue (no relation). Samurai was accompanied by... Hayabusa!!

The FMW stars got a very warm welcome from the North East crowd. Haybusa was still on crutches, his injured leg very heavily taped up.

For the first ten minutes, Sammy was reluctant to really engage with Kyoko, relying on grappling and staying away from heavy strikes and bombs. As usual, this enraged the Joshi star, who demanded that El Samurai give her his best. At around the ten-minute mark, Haybusa got up on the ring apron to cheer Samurai on, only to have Double Inoues knock him to the floor and go after his taped-up leg. Samurai dove out of the ring to save his injured friend and from that point on it became a violent, heated battle.

When Hayabusa climbed into the ring to help El Samurai celebrate his successful title defense, the crowd just lost it.

I'm sure the after-party was really emotional. I wanted to see how Lance and Kaz were handling what had happened. I was deeply curious to see if Delfin would show, and how he would behave. I genuinely wanted to be there, but I had to ride the private bus to Tokyo with Giant Baba. It was time to prepare for the Asahi Pro Wrestling Draft Special TV show.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic