zq4plMZ.png

October 28!

#42 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:11 AM

MTW Saturday Night Slam - Episode 2 - 10/28/1995

Gary Woronchak welcomes us back to the WILX TV 10 studios for this second episode of Saturday Night Slam! It’s almost Halloween and we’re in for plenty of tricks and treats tonight (Weird, Gary. Weird.)

Barry Darsow vs. Tom Brandi

Barry Darsow kicks the night off with a battle against MTW legend Tom Brandi, who continues his losing ways. It’s just not been his few weeks. Darsow takes care of business with a big lariat and the 1-2-3. Brandi, perhaps unconscious, is left laying in the ring.

Barry Darsow defeated Tom Brandi [Pinfall - 4:01]

Barry Darsow heads to the desk with Gary for his post-match interview.

Barry:

Gary, thanks for having me. Losing the tag team tournament certainly was a tough deal, but I tell ya, I’m feeling good about my game right now and I’m ready to deal with the roughest and toughest that we’ve got running around this area, and that list, it starts right at the top with the Syndicate and that no-good rotten Gamb-

The Gambler strides out, pushing a cart with a TV attached to the top, and a boombox playing the Kenny Rogers’ song “The Gambler” on the other shelf. Gary Woronchak demands to know what has brought him out here and what he’s doing with that TV.

The Gambler:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH WORONCHAK! Darsow, haha, I’ve got something for you to chew on. You know, a man of means, like the Gambler, he’s got people everywhere, and, while you’ve been hanging out here all day getting prepared for that bum Brandi, well, I’m going to let the video speak for itself…

(a seething Darsow turns his attention to the video The Gambler hits play on)

The Video:

(We see Virgil, in a Repo Man mask, holding a rope in the dark outside a house)

Virgil:

HA HAHA HA HA! DARSOW! Shhhhhhh, keep it quiet everyone … you see man, I heard from my man The Gambler, that you been having a little trouble keeping payments up on that nice Chevy truck you keep here in the driveway. I know you feel me, man, you used to do this kinda work all the time. It ain’t pretty ya know, but man, you gotta pay your bills! You owe me, man, you’ve cost me a couple times now! And that check was gonna go above the mantle but you dinged it all up. So I’m gonna do a little work for our friends..

(Virgil begins hooking the truck up to a tow truck and getting ready to steal the truck)

(Darsow starts yelling and tips over the TV cart)

Darsow:

YOU WERE AT MY HOUSE? MY HOME?

The Gambler (backing up):

Hold on hold hold on, big man. We’re just doing some contract work, you can’t blame us for this. You gotta pay those bills!

(The Beverly Brothers, scheduled next, arrive early to surround The Gambler)

Gary:

Alright alright Barry, I think you better know where the odds are stacked this time and let’s keep it civil here.

Darsow (turning to camera)

VIRGIL! You don’t do this to a man. I’m not gonna let it stand. Here, at our next arena card, in the street, I’M GONNA FIND YOU!

[Before we head to break, we get a quick promo from Roadblock and Duke Droese, holding their saw horse and garbage can, about their match coming up next]

Roadblock:

BEVERLY BROTHERS! YOUR ROUTE TO VICTORY IS … UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Duke Droese:

WE’RE GONNA TAKE OUT …

Roadblock:

SAY IT BROTHER

Droese:

… We’re gonna take out the trash …

Roadblock:

THAT’S RIGHT, BROTHER! LIKE THAT GARBAGE TOM BRANDI, YOU’RE GONNA END UP FLAT ON THE MAT, BLAKE AND BEAU!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

We come back to the studio, where Tom Brandi, who heard the Roadblock promo, has gotten into a shoving match with Roadblock and Droese as they come out for their match, and the Beverly Brothers (with the Gambler, still) laugh in the ring. Gary is about to get the match going when The Champion, Greg The Hammer Valentine, comes out and forcefully grabs the microphone. Gary protests but is quickly shut down by the Hammer.

Greg Valentine:

D-Lo Brown, you’ve been sticking in my craw all week. I said I’ve got a challenge this week, and it’s two-fold. First, you want respect? Fine. Me, you, Thanksgiving night. That’s the next big card. You want a title match? I’ll give it to ya. Why? Because the Hammer is feeling thankful for his opportunity to be back on top, and I’m not here to duck anyone, as pathetic as they may be. For tonight, I’m gonna prove something to you. You remember last week, you beat that schlub Swinger? 5 minutes, 4 seconds. I’ve got it memorized. I’m gonna beat that tonight. He’s accepted the match. I’m gonna show you how a real champion deals with these scrubs.

(In the background, The Gambler is apoplectic and shouting at Valentine)

The Gambler:

BROWN? AT THANKSGIVING? VIRGIL IS TWICE THE MAN HE IS!

Valentine:

You shut your mouth! I’ll get around to everyone!  

Valentine leaves, The Gambler takes off in pursuit. Brandi has been removed, and we’re finally ready for a match.

The Beverly Brothers vs. Roadblock & Duke Droese

Gary Woronchak at the desk openly questions why Roadblock and Droese are here in a match with the tag team champions, albeit non-title, after their losing effort last week. He speculates that they are ducking more worthy opponents and The Gambler may have something to do with it. Despite their power advantage, just like at the tournament, Roadblock and Droese are unable to seal the deal with a win over the champs early. The match goes on, and they come close - but wait a minute, Tom Brandi?! Is out again! The angry loser, still fuming over his loss earlier and his quick loss to Roadblock at the heavyweight title tournament, goes after Roadblock and that provides the opportunity for the Beverly Brothers to double team Droese with a Shaker Heights Spike and get the victory.  

The Beverly Brothers defeat Roadblock & Duke Droese [Pinfall - 7:00]

Roadblock, furious, chases after Brandi to the back. Droese follows, a bit behind. The Beverlys, amused, head over to Gary.

Beau:

You see what you’ve got here, Gary? The class of tag team wrestling. The class of MTW.

Blake:

That’s right. The money, the looks, the power, the intellect, nobody beats the Beverly Brothers at anything - especially not in the wrestl-

(FRED OTTMAN storms out, carrying a Shockmaster helmet. Gary Woronchak is completely frazzled by these continuing interruptions)

Fred Ottman:

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS? YOU SEE IT? YOU KNOW WHY IT GOT DELIVERED TO MY KIDS HOUSE? WHY EVERY DAY THEY COME HOME FROM SCHOOL AND THEY’RE GETTING A PURPLE SHOCKMASTER HELMET IN THE MAIL? YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

Beau (obviously amused):

I … well, Fred, I … just don’t know

Blake (trying to talk through his own laughter):

Maybe … you’re sending them? When you’re in your little daze?

Ottman:

THIS IS GONNA STOP - RIGHT NOW

(Ottman chucks a  helmet at the Beverlys and makes a move for them but Glen Osbourne rushes out)

Osbourne:

BIG MAN! BIG MAN! NOT HERE! NOT LIKE THIS! WE DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY! THE CIVILIZED WAY!

Blake (still laughing):

Ok, ok, ok. You two goofballs-  you want a shot? You want to face us? We’ll be here next week. Titles on the line. You show up, you got a shot. But we don’t brawl here. You do, the match is off.

Osbourne and Ottman, somewhat grudgingly, accept and leave.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Greg Valentine vs. Johnny Swinger

Valentine, not known for his quick work, gets out to a hot start and absolutely demolishes Swinger. Figure four, and he taps.

Greg Valentine defeated Johnny Swinger [Pinfall - 3:00]

Valentine collects his title and heads to the desk.

Greg Valentine:

You see, D-Lo? You see what a real man, a real champ does? You’ve got a few weeks. You aren’t catching me unprepared this time. I know you, and I know I’m fighting you. Let’s see what you’ve got this time.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

With time still available, we’re running a special stand-by match, featuring the team of “Jungle” Jim Steel and, as he wishes to be called, Jim “Pretty” Powers, taking on two men making their debut. Gary is a bit confused as he introduces the “Washoe County Regulators”, clad in black singlets and one in a red mask and one in a blue mask. They are simply known as “Rojo” and “Azul” according to Gary.

Jim Steel & Jim Powers vs. Washoe County Regulators

Powers and Steel are tested early and often by the new masked team. Rojo and Azul work together well and have them on the run as Gary begins to notice that time is winding down! Rojo takes down Powers and he’s going for a pin, and, with time about to run out on the broadcast, he gets it! An upset first win for this new team! And we’re out of time!

Washoe County Regulators defeat Powers & Steel [PINFALL - 4:45]

As we fade out, Gary says we’ll have full card details and location for the Thanksgiving spectacular next week!

#43 southofheavy

southofheavy
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

Dude, I know I've heaped all kinds of praise on this, but damn, I wish this was an actual promotion that was on TV back then. I live in Michigan and it's very likely I could've seen it.

#44 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:08 AM

This is really cool stuff, even if Jim Steele & Jim Powers are the most 1996 Worldwide team ever. Also looking forward to the return of THE SHOCKMASTA!

#45 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

Show is taking place as scheduled this week, but will be posted tomorrow night due to some schedule conflicts for myself. Look forward to:

"Jungle" Jim Steel & Jim "Pretty" Powers vs. Roadblock & Duke Droese!

Virgil vs. Chris Michaels!

The Beverly Brothers vs. Fred Ottman & Glenn Osbourne!

And ... what does Barry Darsow have to say about his repossessed truck? What's The Gambler been up to? 

Find out!

#46 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:35 AM

MTW Saturday Night Slam 11/4

Gary Woronchak welcomes us to another exciting episode of Saturday Night Slam! We’ve got a big night planned here at the WILX TV 10 studios and he runs down the card for us. In addition, we’ll have matches announced for this coming Thanksgiving, the MTW Turkey Shoot card, live from the Breslin Center in East Lansing! But first, we’re off to the ring.

VIRGIL vs. CHRIS MICHAELS

Virgil absolutely crushes his competition, toying around with Michaels a bit before knocking him flat with a left hook and getting the 1-2-3.

Virgil defeats Chris Michaels (4:30, pinfall)

Virgil heads to Gary Woronchak, and he grabs the microphone before Gary can even say hello. Rude.

VIRGIL: MTW! You better take notice of what just happened in that ring. I’m the best in class in this heap, and no matter who holds that heavyweight belt, I’m gonna beat’em, and you’re looking at the next MTW heavyweight champion! All I have left to wonder about, fat boy Gary, is when you and your cronies up in the office are going to put a real challenger in front of me ---

BARRY DARSOW emerges from the back, with a small security team swarming all around him. D-LO BROWN is at his side.

DARSOW: YOU WENT TO MY HOME! YOU PUNK! NOBODY MESSES WITH MY FAMILY! You can say whatever you want about me - you can call me poor, you can call me pasty, you can even call me a bit doughy, buddy! Because I’ve earned every pound and every scar on this body, and I’ve earned what I have the right way! You go to my house, you mess with my family, you make this something a bit more than just getting back to the top of the heap, bud!

VIRGIL: You come over here, you come over here and say a bit of that to me without these dummies flying around. I’ll show you and your old lady what a real man is---

Darsow charges Virgil through the crowd of security. They begin brawling as D-Lo Brown tries to keep his friend from getting himself reprimanded, or worse. Suddenly, GREG VALENTINE comes out of the shadows around the brawl and drops Brown from behind. Once again, poor Gary Woronchak’s table is the center of chaos. THE BEVERLY BROTHERS and THE GAMBLER are out now, more to help Virgil escape a rampaging Darsow. Meanwhile, Valentine is hooking the Figure Four on Brown on the studio floor as a handful of officials try to get him off. Valentine relinquishes the hold of his own accord, and he SPITS right on D-Lo Brown as he leaves the area.

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Gary takes this opportunity to remind us of the first official match for MTW TURKEY SHOOT - it’s going to be Greg Valentine, with the MTW Heavyweight Title on the line, taking on D-Lo Brown. Added to that, we’re going to see Virgil take on Barry Darsow in a grudge match. Relevant to our next match, we’re also proud to announce that Roadblock has agreed to face Tom Brandi in a re-match of their MTW Title Tournament encounter - they are going to settle their differences which appeared again last week at the Breslin.

Roadblock & Droese make their way to the ring for the next match, and Droese seems to be talking to Roadblock, perhaps he is a bit miffed that Roadblock has taken a singles match at Turkey Shoot, instead of trying to get their tag team run back on the tracks.

JIM STEEL & JIM POWERS vs. ROADBLOCK & DUKE DROESE

Steel & Powers hang tough with the big men throughout this competitive tag team match. Roadblock and Droese don’t seem to be on the same page but do hold a small strength advantage over the musclemen.

The Washoe County Regulators appear at the entranceway during the match, much to the chagrin of Steel & Powers. Their distraction nearly costs Steel & Powers the bout but they escape danger and on we go. Droese yells at Roadblock after the big construction worker didn’t get the pin after an offensive flurry.

The end comes when Steel catches Droese with a big powerslam. Droese is furious with himself. Steel & Powers confer and head to the entrance area in an attempt to catch up with Rojo & Azul, the Washoe County Regulators, but they are too late.

Jim Powers & Jim Steel defeat Roadblock & Duke Droese (Pinfall, 9:04)

Powers & Steel go to talk to Gary. He asks about their beef with the new guys, the Washoe County Regulators.

JIM POWERS: Alright bro, alright, first, I gotta know, wash you? What? They come to regulate washing?

JIM STEEL: Bro, bro. Yes, right? Bro. It doesn’t make any sense. Why do they have masks, bro? Are they ugly?

JIM POWERS: Bro, I’m pretty. They must not be pretty. We got all the magazines calling. Vibe. Teen Beat. Jet. People. They all want us. They all want this team.

JIM STEEL: You know it, bro. You know it. Movie deals. Melrose Place. 90210. It’s all coming this way. But we can’t do that if we’re losing to ugly dudes in masks. No way bro. NO way.

JIM POWERS: Bro, you got it. You got it just right. We’re going to do everyone a favor. We’re going to find these guys, we’re going to find out who they really are. But first, bro, we’re gonna get some maximum hang. Baby Jordan style.

As Steel & Powers leave, Gary tells us the MTW cameras caught some interesting footage this week..

We see a grainy videotape of The Gambler heading into a dive bar in Lansing, MI. We can’t exactly see who he is meeting, but through the window, we can see The Gambler hand over an envelope, it appears to be cash. He receives nothing in return.

Ottman and Osbourne are in the ring awaiting the Beverly’s and The Gambler.

The Gambler comes out before his team - he’s irate his personal life is being dragged on to the show. It’s none of our business!

He is interrupted by a booming voice

Deep Voice: PEOPLE OF MTW GET READY! YOU WANT A PIECE OF US?

(small fireworks)

WE ARE HERE TO BRAWL!

The Beverly Brothers emerge from the back in Shockmaster helmets and fur capes - Ottman is distraught

THE BEVERLY BROTHERS vs. FRED OTTMAN & GLENN OSBOURNE

Ottman is pacing wildly as The Beverly Brothers stand outside the ring in their Shockmaster outfits. Osbourne tries to settle Ottman down but the big man tosses Osbourne aside! He’s going to fight them both … but … he drops to his knees. Is he crying?

The Beverlys rush into the ring and attack Ottman. Osbourne tries to get back into the action but he gets taken dow too. The bell hasn’t rung, and The Gambler enters the ring too! The three are taking it to both Ottman and Osbourne! This isn’t the match they were promised, this is mugging! Here comes Virgil to put a stamp on the beatdown! And here comes Barry Darsow charging from the back! It’s a wild brawl! Folks, this match isn’t gonna happen tonight! We are out of time!

Beverly Brothers vs. Fred Ottman & Glenn Osbourne - No Contest 00:00

#47 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

And 20 years in the future on the alternate-timeline PWO boards, the main event of this show becomes the center of an epic discussion over whether a match timed at 00:00 could ever be called "great."

#48 Malone713

Malone713
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

I love this show. Fred Ottman having a split personality and then seeming to have PTSD because of the Shockmaster is fantastic. The Gambler being a sleazy scumbag is also aces. Cant wait for Darsow to beat the crap out of both Virgil and The Gambler 

#49 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:04 AM

Obviously I got behind this week, but I haven't abandoned. Look for the missing episode in a couple days and then back on schedule Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users