#21 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

16/09/1995
WCW Saturday Night

Charlotte, North Carolina

Opening Match: The Giant pins Mascara Magica, in four minutes and thirty two seconds, to advance to the second round in the united states title tournament.

Video Recap #1: The finish of Madusa versus Aja Kong, snippets from Akira Hokuto versus Malia Hosaka, footage from a WCW magazine photo-shoot (Madusa and Hokuto, each with a hand on the new women's title, with their free hands held back as fists).

Candid Interview #1: Ric Flair talks about the main event, claims he doesn't know what's "... gotten into Arn, lately...", waivers in his tone, ultimately blames Brain Pillman's influence.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Video Recap #2: The finish of Bret Hart's debut match, Bobby Heenan revealing that Hart and Bulldog are bound for New Japan, the reveal of Luger as Flair's fourth man, clips from War Games past.

Candid Interview #2: Sit-down with Arn Anderson in his home; he wonders why whether he's already wasted his opportunities to be a world champion, claims Flair's days as a credible world champion are coming to an end "... maybe not tonight, I don't know, but he can't hold onto that title for long...", says Brian Pillman is the future of WCW and that he wants to keep the guy from making the same mistakes he did.

Hype Video: Brackets are shown for the united states title tournament, highlighting the Patriot, Lex Luger and the Giant.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Ric Flair defeats Arn Anderson, via disqualification, in thirteen minutes and twenty three seconds when Brian Pillman interferes, leading to a stand-off between Arn, Flair, Luger and Pillman which devolves into a brawl when Sting, Patriot and Harlem Heat arrive just before the broadcast ends.

Matches promoted for WCW Fall Brawl 1995:

Jackie Fulton versus Chris Kanyon, winner advances to round two of the united states title tournament.

The Renegade versus the Warrior, for the world television title.

Madusa versus Akira Hokuto, finals of the new women's championship tournament.

Sting, the Patriot, Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman versus Ric Flair, Lex Luger and Harlem Heat, the legendary War Games match.

#22 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

I am really excited to see where this all goes - Bret, Warrior, and a more involved Heenan make for a really intriguing addition to 95 WCW. One of my favorite parts of 90s WCW was the recasting and use of WWF guys in a new environment. Hart, instead of Hogan as a former WWF champ now down south in this timeframe is a cool premise. And Heenan, for various reasons, always felt like a disappointment in real life WCW. So excited to see him with something to actually do.

#23 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

17/09/1995
WCW Worldwide

Asheville, North Carolina

Opening Match: Jim Duggan pins John Nord in six minutes and twelve seconds.

Hype Video #1: WCW Fall Brawl card is run down, with the reveal of a new match; the winners of the next two matches will battle in "... the Worldwide Special..." (going forward, every pay-per-view on the WCW calendar will offer a last minute chance for four "... fan favourites..." to find their way onto the card).

Second Match: Alex Wright pins Bobby Duncum, Jr. in eight minutes and eleven seconds.

Hype Video #2: A video plays which hypes up the women's and united states title tournaments, calling Fall Brawl a "... night of tournaments...".

Main Event: Mascara Magica pins Scotty Riggs in eleven minutes and forty seven seconds.

Hype Video #3: Snippets from the Warrior's two promos and the finish of the Warrior versus Chris Adams play to hype up the television title match.

Show ends.

17/09/1995
WCW Fall Brawl 1995: War Games

Asheville, North Carolina

Eric Bischoff: "Hello, and welcome, to WCW Fall Brawl 1995 -"

Dusty Rhodes: "It's War Games, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: "It certainly is, that's our main event this evening but we've got a lot to get through before then."

Dusty Rhodes: "We've got scores to settle... we've got titles on the line, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: *handsome smile* "And we'll get to see it all! Ladies and gentleman, I'm Eric Bischoff, this is 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes -"

Dusty Rhodes: "The one, the only!"

Eric Bischoff: "- and we are joined by the WCW president, Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan..."

Bobby Heenan: "Ha ha! Look at that, what an idiot!"

Eric Bischoff: "What?"

Bobby Heenan: "One of the humanoids brought his kid to show, poor little guy's got a sign saying 'we heart Sting'. Why would you do that to your child? Take them to a show to watch their hero get beaten to a pulp?"

Eric Bischoff: "Some would say Sting has the stronger team, all things considered."

Bobby Heenan: "What things considered? Flair's a world champ, he's got the tag champs with him and Luger's also held the world title. Can Sting say the same?"

Eric Bischoff: "Well, Sting's held the title. Arn Anderson's held several titles. Brian Pillman held the light heavyweight title and the tag titles and the Patriot was a tag champion not too long ago."

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, but it's all in the past, ain't it? Flair's got the gold, and Sting's team are coming to the match with nothing - not an ounce."

Dusty Rhodes: "Luger ain't got no gold, either. If I were him, I'd been looking, all shifty-eyed at Flair. Where's my belt, Ric?! Where's my belt?"

Bobby Heenan: "Luger's got the US title in the bag. In fact, he knocked Sting out of contention for it."

Dusty Rhodes: "I know what it feels like to be a champ. Luger ain't got that feeling, baby. You're in for a rude awakening, if you think he's winning that tournament."

Bobby Heenan: "Well who'd you think's taking it? The Patriot? Give me a break!"

Dusty Rhodes: "I didn't say that, Bobby. I did not say that. Did I say that?!"

Dusty takes off his head-set, stands up, and begins shouting.

Bobby Heenan: "What's your problem, Dream?"

We only hear snippets of Dusty's response, as and when Heenan's mic picks it up.

Dusty Rhodes: "... you gotta'..." "... someone's gonna'..." "... I'll..."

Eric Bischoff: "Gentlemen, please. We've got a match to call!"

Dusty settles back into his seat.

Bobby Heenan: "Sheesh!"

Eric Bischoff: "This is a number one contender's match for the tag team championships. Brain, tell us how this came about."

Bobby Heenan: "Well, ordinarily, the former champions could expect a rematch. However, with the current champs unable to defend their titles tonight, I didn't want to leave this card without a space to show-case the depth of the division. So, I'm making the old champs work for their rematch."

Opening Match: the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) defeat Baxter Golden and Richard Slater (with Alexandra York) in six minutes and twenty nine seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "So, an interesting match-up, there. When can we expect the Fantastics to face Harlem Heat?"

Bobby Heenan: "Soon."

Eric Bischoff: "... Okay, well, folks, we're going to take a look at our main event now."

A video plays; its starts with a look back at War Games past (clips of Michael Hayes posing and taunting, a lot of clips from '92 and it ends on a shot of El Gigante carrying Brian Pillman in his arms) before moving on to clips detailing the trouble Sting has had finding a team. The last few minutes of the video are dedicated to the animosity between Ric Flair and Arn Anderson (it features clips from their interviews, their match and snippets of commentators talking about it).

Second Match: Jackie Fulton pins Chris Kanyon in four minutes and forty two seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "So, there we have it. Jackie Fulton will face the Giant tomorrow night, when we enter round two of the united states title tournament.

Dusty Rhodes: "He's mincemeat, when that Giant gets his hands on him. That's my pick to win. I think the Giant's our new united states champion, baby!"

Bobby Heenan: "Don't be ridiculous!"

Eric Bischoff: "He has been impressive, Brain."

Bobby Heenan: "I took an impressive dump last night, Eric. It still looked like -"

Eric Bischoff: "-whoa now."

Bobby Heenan: "You get the point."

Eric Bischoff: "And on that... note, we head back down to the ring."

No one is in the ring. Nothing happens.

Eric Bischoff: "No -actually, I think we're- yes, no, we're going to take a look at the women's title tournament."

Heenan shakes his head just before the video plays. It's an extended version of the video that played on Saturday; it includes footage from Debbie Combs versus Aja Kong which plays as we hear a few seconds of some audio that's been playing on the hotline for a few days (it's Madusa claiming not to understand why Akira Hokuto interfered in her match).

Eric Bischoff: "And, now, we'll head to the ring, I think... yes."

Third Match: the Warrior pins the Renegade in two minutes and twenty one seconds, winning the world television title. He is tossed a mic afterwards.

The Warrior: "The Imitator has been defeated and the gods have been appeased! He may be reborn, or he may fade away! It does not matter to the Warrior, for I have found a higher calling! This title I now hold must be made clean! It has spent too long around the waist of a man who has been judged unworthy!

This I pledge; I will take on all challengers! I will fight until I can fight no longer! The planets are in alignment and the stars have shown me the way! No other man can redeem this work of leather and metal! No other man can set it right! Can you not feel it!? Do my words not reverberate amongst you!? Can you not see that I alone will save us!?

Many powerful beings walk the hallways of the world wrestling championship! But my only equal has already left its narrow confines! Either I will carry this belt until my dying days! Or some creatures will rise through the crucible and take my place and steal my power! But there is no one at the present time who can match the warrior! There is no other favoured son!"

Eric Bischoff: "Well, how about that?"

Dusty Rhodes: "Those are fightin' words!"

Bobby Heenan: "Those are loony words."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, I think we're -yes, we're going to be joined by Alexndra York for our next match."

Bobby Heenan: "Miss York."

Heenan offers her the seat next to him.

Alexandra York: "Thank you, mister Heenan."

Bobby Heenan: "Have you not brought your computer with you?" *light chuckling*

Alexandra York: "I don't need a computer... I have a giant."

Eric Bischoff: "That you do, and we'll be seeing him in action in just a few minutes. In fact, the Giant's stocking has been on the rise ever since his debut. He's already through to the second round of the united states title tournament and I know he's factored into some of the business plans our president has been pursuing."

Alexandra York: "That's right. Soon enough, he'll be the united states heavyweight champion -"

Bobby Heenan: "- we disagree on that one." *polite, false and friendly laughing*

Alexandra York: "I'm aware of that, mister Heenan, yes. The fact remains, he's yet to be defeated... I've -yes, no, go ahead -"

Bobby Heenan: "- Miss York came to me recently, with some ideas for growing the company. She's a smart young woman, and her concept of a three-ring battle royal was too good to pass up."

Eric Bischoff: "This is the 'World War Three' I've seen the marketing material for?"

Alexandra York: "Naturally, I had my client's best interest at heart when I signed over the relevant patents to the company. I believe the Giant will soon be known as 'the King of the Battle Royal'.

Bobby Heenan: "Yep, and that's what we're showcasing here, tonight. We're going to have a two-ring battle royal."

Eric Bischoff: "Battle Bowl?"

Bobby Heenan: "No, think of this as a preview for two things; Battle Bowl four and World War Three. If the Giant can win here, tonight -"

Alexandra York: "- he will."

Bobby Heenan: "Then he'll have guaranteed his place in the three-ring battle royal, set for November twenty sixth."

Eric Bischoff: "And Battle Bowl four?"

Bobby Heenan: "Battle Bowl four, along with the Lethal Lottery, will take place on October twenty ninth, at Halloween Havoc."

Eric Bischoff: "That's... okay, that's a lot to take in... and we're off!"

Fourth Match: The Giant defeats Chris Adams, Marcus Bagwell, Bob Backlund, Cobra and Jim Duggan in twelve minutes and fifty seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "An impressive outing for the Giant. And we'll see him in action tomorrow night, against Jackie Fulton, with the winner advancing to the finals of the united states title tournament."

Alexandra York: "Gentlemen."

York leaves.

Eric Bischoff: "And, up next, we've got Alex Wright taking on Mascara Magica."

Dusty Rhodes: "I got to see these boys up close when they first tangled and I can't wait to see it again!"

Worldwide Special Match-up: Alex Wright pins Mascara Magica in fifteen minutes and twenty three seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "An excellent match-up. These young men continue to impress."

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, you know what's really impressive?"

Eric Bischoff: "What?"

Bobby Heenan: "Losing, a whole bunch of times, ha ha!"

Dusty Rhodes: "You're talking to Bobby Heenan, Eric. He sure knows a lot about losing!"

Bobby Heenan: "I could teach you. You could do with losing some -"

Dusty Rhodes: "- you could lose an eye, talking like that. My elbow still works! It's still breaking skulls, baby."

Eric Bischoff: "Uh... So we have a match to be getting to."

The two women are already in the ring; Hokuto is wearing black and gold, to match her face-paint, and Madusa is wearing a blue two-piece. They're staring each other down. Hokuto looks unmoved but Madusa seems nervous, her jaw is wavering ever so slightly.

Michael Buffer: "Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention, please. The following contest is the main event in the WCW women's title match! The winner will be declared the first ever WCW women's wrestling championship!

Bobby Heenan: *stifled laughter*

Michael Buffer: "Introducing the challenger, she is made in the USA... and... Madusa! And her opponent, from the Land of the Rising Sun, Akira Ho-ku-to!"

Ding-ding-ding, and the match is underway. They go straight into a tie-up. They don't move anywhere for the first few seconds, but they appear to be giving it all they have from the shake in their legs. Madusa eventually gets the best off things and pushes Hokuto into the corner. Randy Anderson calls for the clean break and gets it but Hokuto takes advantage, nailing Madusa with a closed fist. The ref shouts at her but she laughs him off.

Eric Bischoff: "What happens if there's a disqualification or a count-out, will the title stay vacant?"

Bobby Heenan: "There is no disqualification. There must be a winner."

Eric Bischoff: "So, really, that closed fist was legal? And Madusa didn't have to break the hold?"

Bobby Heenan: "I guess."

Madusa breaks out of a camel clutch, standing up with Hokuto on her back and then slamming her to the ground. The crowd roar they're approval, chanting "... USA! USA! ...", as the two women get back to their feet.

Dusty Rhodes: "Madusa's got the crowd on her side, tonight!"

Bobby Heenan: "As opposed to any other night, where I'm sure the humanoids would be more than willing to root for a foreigner. Give me a break."

Eric Bischoff: "Now, now, Brain. Bret Hart was treated to a warm welcome upon his debut."

Bobby Heenan: "That's a bit different, he's -"

Eric Bischoff: "- I don't think we wanna' go there."

Bobby Heenan: "To Canada?!"

Hokuto dodges a standing drop kick and immediately regains control. She tosses Madusa across the ring, by her hair. With Madusa on her back, by the ropes near the corner, Hokuto pounces, locking her opponent in stranglehold. Madusa has hold of the ropes but the ref can do nothing but count to four a few times. Hokuto mocks him. "One-two-three-four! Ha ha ha! One-two-three-four!" Pee Wee eventually just gives up. Madusa is only able to break free by pulling herself off the apron. She tumbles to the floor and scrambles over to the barricade, gasping for breath and clutching her throat.

Eric Bischoff: "I think Hokuto may take this one."

Hokuto gets onto the turnbuckle, one leg on the bottom rope, one leg on the second, and taunts the crowd as she waits for Madusa to get back in. Her opponent uses this opportunity, transitioning from crawling to a half-run/half-leap as she gets into the ring. Hokuto is caught by an explosive clothesline as she gets down from the turnbuckle. Madusa can't follow up with a pin attempt, however. She appears spent and Hokuto rises to her feet before she does.

Hokuto gets Madusa in a headlock. Though it's tight around the neck, she neglects to pull Madusa into a standing position. Hunched over, Madusa is able to fight out of it, with elbows to Hokuto's gut. A back-and-forth ensues, with both women trading an equal number of strikes and holds. Madusa seems to be being worn down far quicker, however.

They break into a round of whipping each other to the ropes. Hokuto throws Madusa into the ropes, she rebounds and transitions into an Irish Whip of her own, and vice versa. On her fifth time on the rebound, however, Madusa falters and falls, exhausted, to her knees in the centre of the ring. Hokuto capitalises, big time, and clatters her across the chest with a stiff kick. She gets a close two-count.

Bobby Heenan: "This it for Madusa! She's gonna' regret kicking out a few minutes from now."

Eric Bischoff: "She's showing a lot of guts, that's for sure."

Dusty Rhodes: "She's a fighter!"

Bobby Heenan: "She's an idiot."

Hokuto drags her across the ring, by her hair, and takes her to the ropes. There, she pulls her hair and begins taunting her in Japanese. This spurs the crowd into action. "U-S-A! U-S-A!" Madusa is crying from the pain, just a little, but she answers Hokuto with a head-butt. Hokuto's hair conceals the impact but commentators claim they can hear the thud from ringside. It knocks Hokuto loopy for a few crucial seconds. Madusa follows it up with loud palm strike to the face. Keeping up the assault, Madusa tries to kick at Hokuto's gut. Her leg is caught, the other leg is kicked away and she collapses to the canvas. Still in control of the right leg, Madusa transitions into a single-leg crab and wrenches back. Madusa screams in pain and holds the ropes for dear life.

Eric Bischoff: "Now, the ref can't break this, but I don't think he can accept a submission whilst they're in the ropes... is that right, Brain?"

Bobby Heenan: "I... no, I... I'm not sure it matters, it's no disqualification."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, he couldn't count a pin on the outside... so I don't think he could record a submission whilst Madusa's in the ropes."

Bobby Heenan: "In that case, would anyone submit but refuse to let go of the ropes? You're not really submitting, then, are you?"

Dusty Rhodes: "Who cares?! She's out of the ropes, now, baby!"

Madusa pulls herself through the ropes and into the second ring. She's holding the small of her back, desperately, shutting her eyes tight and baring her teeth. Hokuto spends some time in the first ring, pacing and cursing before following her out. She goes for a leg hold, of some kind, but Madusa kicks her away. When Madusa is back on her feet, the two women stare each other down again. Hokuto is breathing heavily but evenly, whereas Madusa is struggling for air. Hokuto is rolling her shoulders and nursing the beginnings of small bruise of her elbow, whereas Madusa is seething in pain and holding her back. They back away, to separate sides of the ring and get back into the first, slowly. Hokuto is the first in, naturally and she rushes over to her opponent. Once Madusa is through the ropes, she's caught in vertical suplex. Hokuto takes no chances with the cover; she pins Madusa with a knee on her chest and a handful of tights. One-two-no!

Wanting to end it, Hokuto heads up top. Madusa staggers to her feet, slowly and groggily and it looks like it's all over. In an act of miraculous desperation, however, Madusa rushes to the corner and smacks Hokuto upside the head. She follows it up with a superplex, crawls over for the pin and... it's all over. Ring the bell. She rolls away, out to the floor and slumps against the barricade, breathing hard and smiling through the pain. The title is presented to her by a crewman and she cradles it in her lap.

Sixth Match: Madusa pins Akira Hokuto in thirty four minutes and twenty seconds.

A video plays, advertising Halloween Havoc; it mainly exists to give the production crew some time to prepare, however, showing little of note. Battle Bowl IV is scheduled for the event, along with the Lethal Lottery.

Eric Bischoff: We take you now to Tony Schiavone, in the back with the first ever WCW women's heavyweight champion, Madusa."

Madusa is in the back, holding her title, she's still panting, drenched in sweat and water from a bottle she goes to every so often.

Tony Schiavone: "How does it feel to be WCW's first ever women's champion?"

Madusa: "It feels good... Tony... I'm... feeling good about my... accomplishment... I knew that... the competition... in WCW... was going... was... was going to be tough and I... I'm just thankful I got here... in time for the tournament and... yeah... I'm feeling good... it's an honour to..."

Tony Schiavone: "Hey, now, you can't -"

Aja Kong moves in front of the camera, shoves Tony away and gets up in Madusa's face. She rants in Japanese and starts becoming physical. Madusa is in no position to fight back but Malia Hosaka burst onto the scene to help. She knocks Kong out of the camera's line of sight. The camera is then roughly picked up to follow the action. Hosaka can't follow up her surprise attack with anything effective and is knocked to the ground by Kong. Tony legs it down the corridor as Kong goes back after Madusa. Rather than laying her ought, however, she simply grabs her and yells something at her before leaving. Madusa lets out a weary sigh but this, too, is cut short as another figure comes into view of the camera. Bull Nakano simply stares intently, prompting the champ to get up in her face.

Madusa: "You want this, huh? Well, get back in line!"

Eric Bischoff: "Live on TNT, tomorrow night. We've got the Fantastics challenging Harlem Heat for the tag team titles and Lex Luger versus the Patriot in the main event!"

Dusty Rhodes: "There ain't nothing else worth watching on a Monday, I tell you that!"

Eric Bischoff: "It's nearly time for our main event!"

A video plays, recapping the feud between Sting and Flair, which ends with footage of the War Games caging being lowered on occasions past. It fades to the live feed, of the War Games cage being lowered and fireworks going off. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom!

Flair's team come out first. Harlem Heat lead the procession, looking hard as nails. Sherri addresses the camera, saying something inaudible.

Bobby Heenan: "Sting sings for a rollover kite?"

Luger comes out after, focused and ready. Flair takes his time, however, sauntering up and down the entrance ramp, making sure everyone's had a good look at the title around his waist. Once they're done, Sting's team comes out. They enter as a unit, fired up, hollering at the crowd, slapping hands and backs and so on.

The Patriot is the first to enter, with Flair's team making the crowd wait. Eventually, after some mock deliberations, Flair himself wanders up to the cage door. He hangs off it, taunting Sting before he enters. "Woo." There's a devilish look in his eye. Despite that, the first period is tough for Flair. He's spends most of it began tossed around. He begs off a few times but Del doesn't fall for it.

Eric Bischoff: "With this performance, I'd say the Patriot should be challenging for the world title."

Bobby Heenan: "That's absurd!"

The Patriot manages hit a vertical suplex from one ring to the other, just as the five minute mark hits.

Nick Patrick tosses a coin, looks at and points to Sting's team. The crowd go mental.

Eric Bischoff:"Flair's in trouble!"

Dusty Rhodes: "This is gonna' be good!

Arn Anderson runs in and picks Flair up. They regard each other and Arn raises his fists, muttering curse words. Flair begs off, feigning back pain, and pleading with his old friend. The Patriot turns his back on the scene, posing for the crowd and soaking in the atmosphere as the crowd roars their approval. And then... smack! Anderson's clobbered Del with a forearm to the back. Sting and Pillman go apoplectic as the rest of Flair's team keel over laughing. Flair and Arn hurl Del into the cage wall a few times and stomp some mud-holes in him. He tries as best he can to fight back but they keep on top of him well enough. Any trouble they do have is ended by the arrival of Stevie Ray.

Dusty Rhodes: "It's three on one!"

Eric Bischoff: "This is gross."

Bobby Heenan: "This is great!"

Sting is trying to yell encouragement through the cage to his pal, but it's not doing much good. Pillman is hanging off the outside of the far wall, shouting and shaking. Flair and his men pay no heed, however. They get Del up for an assisted power bomb and Arn tosses him from one ring to the next. After that, they give him some time to recover, merely backslapping one another and taunting the crowd.

When the klaxon sounds, Pillman rushes in, fired up and ready to do some damage. He does some damage... to Del's leg. He stomps on it as he passes by and makes his way to the other ring where he's greeted with a hug from Arn and a smile from Flair. Sting starts to yell but gives up quickly. His head falls and he wanders to the far end of the cage, trying to talk to his teammate. Flair's team allow this to happen, letting the Patriot crawl over to the cage wall to hear what his captain has to say. They leave it to Booker T to drag him back to the centre. Only then do they get back to the task at hand. They each take turns battering his legs; Stevie stomps his left, Flair drops a knee on his right, Booker wrenches his left and Pillman drops an elbow on the right, held in place by Arn, from the second rope.

As the time draws near, Stevie Ray guards the door, waiting to stop Sting before he can even get going. He's nailed across the face almost immediately and the Stinger goes to town. He takes Booker down with clothesline and uses the cage roof to assist him in knocking Arn and Pillman down with dropkicks, in turn. Flair's begs off and gets a DDT for his troubles. Sting can't focus on any one person for long, and he knows this, so he rushes from man to man, getting kicks in where he can and generally just trying to keep them all down. He tries to bring Del to his feet a few times but never with any success as he has to keep rushing to someone or other to nail them with a kick or a stomp to keep them from getting up. And then... Luger enters.

Bobby Heenan: *cackles of glee* "It's all over!"

Pillman tries to jump Sting as his attention turns to the man slowly walking into the cage but Del trips him. The Stinger doesn't wait a second longer than he has to. Once both of Luger's feet are on the canvas, he rushes him and goes for another assisted dropkick. Luger catches his legs. It's all over. He hold them until Sting's upper body strength fails him and then let's him fall. It's all over. Luger's teammates, plus Arn and Pillman, all get to their feet soon enough. It's all over. They beat Sting down before splitting up; Luger, Booker and Stevie take Del, Flair, Arn and Pillman take Sting. They do as much damage as they need to to secure a submission. It's over. Ding-ding-ding. The Patriot can't bear the pain any longer.

Main Event: Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Stevie Ray and Booker T defeat Sting, the Patriot, Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman in twenty one minutes and twenty one seconds.

To close the show, Flair, Luger, Arn and Pillman celebrate at the top of the ramp. Sherri is in front of them, flanked by Harlem Heat. She's taunting the crowd when she freaks out. Her clients are both attacked from behind and go tumbling to the floor. She rushes to check on them and the broadcast ends on a shot of the four men left standing. They raise that immortal symbol; four fingers, four horsemen.

#24 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2221 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

Great Fall Brawl PPV. Return of the Four Horsemen in full force. I would've really dug that version of the Horsemen in 1995.

And I'm really intrigued with The Giant being managed by Alexandra York!

#25 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1448 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

The Women's Title match and the War Games were both genuinely exciting to read. the ending of the show was pretty much perfect. The production gaffes and malapropisms and particularly your version of Heenan were all on point and really funny. Excellent work. 

#26 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

That's a hell of a Four Horsemen unit!

#27 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

18/09/1995
WCW Monday Nitro

Johnson City, Tennessee

Eric Bischoff: "Hello, everyone, and welcome to world championship wrestling!"

Steve McMichael: "Yeah, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: "We're less than a day removed from an explosive Fall Brawl, but this is Monday Nitro, and it waits for no man!"

Steve McMichael: "I wish I could've been there, man, but I take solace in the fact that I've got a front-row seat for Monday Nitro, every single week."

Eric Bischoff: "I'm Eric Bischoff and with, me as ever: this is Steve 'Mongo' McMichael -"

Steve McMichael: "- this is Pepe."

Eric Bischoff: "Aha. And we are joined by the WCW president Bobby Heenan!"

Bobby Heenan: "..."

Eric Bischoff: "A successful show for you, then, last night?"

Bobby Heenan: "Oh, yeah. Buy-rate's through the roof, billions of dollars. We're going places, Eric."

Eric Bischoff: "That's good to hear. And, now, we've got a championship match to kick things off."

Opening Match: Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) defeat the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) in thirteen minutes and thirty seven seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "We've got to take a quick break now but don't go anywhere because there's loads more action to come; we've got round two of the united states title tournament."

Bobby Heenan: "I don't know why I let the championship committee talk me into a tournament. I should've just awarded the title to Luger, since it's a forgone conclusion that he's win -"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: The Giant pins Jackie Fulton in five minutes and eleven seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "So now we know, the Giant will face the winner of our main event - could be Lex Luger, could be the Patriot - for the united states championship on Saturday night."

Bobby Heenan: "He'll face Luger, and lose."

Steve McMichael: "Oh, he might face Luger, but he sure ain't losing. This guy's torn through everyone he's faced so far."

Bobby Heenan: "That's cute."

Eric Bischoff: "Next up, we're gonna' take a look at what went down, last night!"

A video plays detailing the defecation of Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman to Flair's War Games team, and the subsequent resurrection of the four horsemen.

Eric Bischoff: "Truly despicable."

Steve McMichael: "You know, it took a whole of heart for the Patriot to keep going like he did."

Bobby Heenan: "If by keep going, you mean crawl around in pain and cry for mommy then... yeah, I guess it does take a lot... something... to embarrass yourself in front of some eight thousand people like that."

Eric Bischoff: "Okay, we've got 'Mean' Gene Okerlund in the back. What've you got for us, Gene?"

Gene Okerlund: "Sting, if I may, I'd like to get your comments on what happened at Fall Brawl."

Sting looks distracted, he's fidgeting.

Sting: "Uh... yeah, no, it was... it was -no, screw it!"

He gets closer to the camera, Gene struggles to manoeuvre the mic back up to Sting's chest.

Sting: "Bobby Heenan, I'm pleading with you. You gotta' call off this match. The Patriot's hurt he can't wrestle tonight. You gotta' postpone his fight with Luger."

Gene Okerlund: "Any further comments on the War Games?"

Sting: "No."

He walks off.

Gene Okerlund: "Well... back to you then... Eric Bischoff."

Bobby Heenan: "..."

Eric Bischoff: "Any response to that, Brain?"

Bobby Heenan: "Bah."

Eric Bischoff: "Right, well, we were expecting that interview to go on a little while longer... do we? Can we get something cued up?"

A video plays, advertising the basics of Halloween Havoc; Ric Flair will be there, to defend his belt, it's on October twenty ninth at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bobby Heenan is in the ring when we return, he's got a mic and is being heckled by the crowd, much to his delight.

Bobby Heenan: "I have announcement to make, uh... it can wait, if you'd like? ... I don't mind, I can just stand around... read the phone-book, yeah? ... Settle down. Anyway, I have an announcement: the Battle Bowl returns, along with the Lethal Lottery, on October the twenty ninth at Halloween Havoc. The firs name in the tumbler is the Giant. More will be added as and when they prove themselves. And, as for -"

Sting legs it to the ring.

Bobby Heenan: "What do you want? Back off!"

Sting is talking to him, but Heenan's mic isn't picking it up; he's very animated, pleading.

Bobby Heenan: "No. I've got a main event. It's set... for - it's set - for tonight and Saturday."

A crewman tosses Sting a mic of his own.

Sting: "I can sub for the Patriot. I can take on Luger, you'll still have your main event!"

Bobby Heenan: "But it ain't just tonight, is it? We've got the tournament finals on Saturday."

Sting: "You can still have your finals, Bobby. You can still have your finals."

Bobby Heenan: "Oh, what, you think you should be added back into the tournament? Take the Patriot's place? Or... do you think that if you beat Luger, he should get a bye to the finals? What is it?"

Sting: "No, you can have Luger face Patriot some other day, between now and Saturday. But he's not good for tonight, he's still hurt!"

Bobby Heenan: "Get lost! If he doesn't wanna' fight, he can forfeit the match. You're not subbing in for him."

Sting goes for Heenan, grabbing the lapels of his jacket, having dropped his mic, shouting in Heenan's face before security swarm in and take him to the back. Heenan looks shaken as he leaves the ring.

The Warrior's music plays and he storms to the ring, title in hand. He looks... pumped. He gets tossed a mic.

The Warrior: "There is no time for ceremonies! If I am to be ordained, let it be by fires of combat! Each victory I accrue shall be transferred to this championship, as the gods have bestowed it upon me! My triumphs shall be its own and it shall be a worthy prize once again! Soon, all men will long to be called the television champion of the world, and when one of those men finally takes it from me, all will know he is worthy! That is the true order of things; no imitation, no dirty tricks! I am immune to such things, for I have survived the hellish landscape of the north, where such things are commonplace! Only by matching me in spirit and strength, will any man overcome the Warrior!

So, now, I call forth my first opponent! Any man who things he can dethrone the Warrior, step forth and be annihilated by my hand!"

Third Match: The Warrior pins One Man Gang in one minute and fifteen seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fourth Match: Aja Kong pins Akira Hokuto in fourteen minutes and fifty five seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: "Welcome back, and still to come, we've got the team of Alex Wright and Mascara Magica taking on Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman."

Bobby Heenan: "I have a comment, if I may?"

Eric Bischoff: "Of course."

Bobby Heenan: "I'm speaking officially here: world championship wrestling will not tolerate the mistreatment of its staff by our wrestlers. To that end, I can hereby reveal that Sting has been suspended, for forty-five days, effective immediately."

Eric Bischoff: "Whoa, this big news! Forty five days?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, he'll miss Halloween Havoc an' he won't challenge Flair for the world title."

Eric Bischoff: "And on that bombshell, we take you to the ring."

Pillman starts things off with Magica. Evenly matched at first, Pillman is able to take control when he stoops to underhanded tactics. Once Wright is tagged in, however, thing's become far more competitive. A fun back-and-forth ensues before Arn comes in to turn the tide fully in his team's favour.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Arn is abusing Magica, as we return, and threatening to tear off his mask. Sting rushes down the aisle but makes a beeline for commentary desk. Pillman gets down from the apron to stop him but gets a clothesline for his trouble. Sting is carted away by security before he can do much more than shout at Heenan but the distraction is enough for Wright to get tagged in and get a school boy pin on Arn.

Fifth Match: Mascara Magica & Alex Wright defeat Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman in eighteen minutes and twenty seconds.

Arn and Pillman are furious.

Eric Bischoff: "Wow, okay. Well, we've - well, we've -"

Bobby Heenan: "- yeah, that's right, goodbye, Sting! Yeah, have a nice vacation!"

Eric Bischoff: "It's about time for our main event. I guess it'll have to be on television time remaining.

Bobby Heenan: "It shouldn't take too long. It's Luger we're talking about."

Del puts in a valiant effort, and even gets some shine in the beginning, but he can never capitalise; his right leg keeps giving out on him.

Main Event: Lex Luger pins the Patriot in twelve minutes and twenty three seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "Okay, folks, make sure you're watching TBS this Saturday because we've got two championship matches for you. Aja Kong will challenge Madusa for the women's heavyweight title and, in our main event, we now know it'll be Lex Luger versus the Giant for the US title! You don't wanna' miss it!"

And, we're off the air.

#28 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

Fun stuff. At least that's my actual OOC response. My IC, both as an Internet nerd and as the WWF will be slightly different. That Four Horsemen squad does seem pretty awesome, even though I'm not sure that tossing your top 2 possibly babyfaces off air for long periods of time (Bret & Sting) is among the best plans. I'm sure you've got an idea though. 

#29 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

23/09/1995
WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Mascara Magica pins Gorgeous George III in six minutes and thirty six seconds.

Video Recap: The commentators talk over clips from Monday Nitro, primarily related to Sting's suspension, they also cover the main event and how it plays into tonight's US title bout.

The women's title match starts with a shoving match, after Kong powers out of a tie-up. The commentators mention that Madusa had specifically requested this match just after Fall Brawl went off the air. Kong is completely dominant during the opening few minutes but Madusa nails a dropkick just before the cut which makes Kong stumble.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kong has regained control by the time we come back, and has Madusa in a sleeper hold. Seconds after the ref comes up to her, however, she finds the strength to go on; adjusting her positioning as well as she can and peppering Kong with elbow strikes to the gut. Once she's free, Madusa runs at Kong for a spear, but fails to bring her opponent down. With Madusa ensnared, Kong delivers a DDT for a count of two and three quarters. Madusa rolls out of the ring to catch her breath, she holds her head and appears dizzy. Kong joins her opponent on the outside but Madusa takes advantage of her as she steps down, assaulting her with a desperate series of forearm strikes. With Kong slightly groggy, Madusa reenters the ring.

In the final stretch, Madusa tries for another spear. This one takes Kong off her feet, presumably because Madusa was able to build up more momentum for it (having come rebounding off the ropes). Madusa knows it won't be enough to put her away so she finishes things off with a frog splash from the top rope. It gets the two, but not much more. Both women take a while to get up but Kong is a little slower, and has her back to her opponent. Madusa takes full advantage, delivering a running kick that sweeps Kong's left leg from under her. Madusa cinches in a pin, after that, with Kong's backside in the air and her shoulders almost vertical to the mat. Kong kicks out at three and a quarter.

Second Match: Madusa pins Aja Kong in fourteen minutes and twenty four seconds.

In-Ring Promo: Flair is with his horsemen, but he does all of the talking; says he's glad that nuisance Sting is out of his hair, claims there'll still be a title match at Halloween Havoc and that he'll "... probably wrestle some chump from Japan, I don't know. I'll ask Bobby...", says Luger will be walking out tonight as US champion, and then his boys Arn and Pillman are going to take the tag titles.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

All of his stablemates accompany Luger to the ring, and stay on the outside working the crowd. The Giant, on the other hand, comes out alone. The opening is fairly standard, with Luger going for several shoulder tackles and encountering nothing but a roadblock each time. A shove rattles Luger and he retreats to ringside where his buddies engage in jolly backslapping. The Giant yells at them, incoherently. Luger heads back into the fray with renewed confidence but just winds up with a hand around his throat. Flair spits at the Giant to get his attention, allowing Luger to knock him off with a kick to the gut. It's at this point that the commentators mention that the president made this a 'no disqualification' bout a few hours ago.

Luger's strikes land and the Giant has trouble countering them but Luger can't get a hold on him because he just keeps powering out. Luger tries to whip him into the ropes put the Giant's going nowhere. Instead, Luger is pulled into a clothesline. The Giant can't get the cover, however, because Flair and Pillman rush in to attack. The ref can do nothing and the commentators have a meltdown. Alexandra York then runs, awkwardly, down to ringside, followed by Slater and Golden. Arn rushes around the ring to join them and has no trouble taking them both down.

In the ring, Luger has now joined the dog pile. Just as Arn looks set to join as well, however, the Giant throws all three men off. Luger stumbles into a corner, Pillman goes flying and Flair falls through the ropes. The Giant manhandles Luger, bringing him into the centre of the ring and thrashing him with an almighty choke-slam. He gets one, two and... no!

Arn knocks the Giant away with a nasty kick to the ribs. He stomps a mudhole in the Giant as York, on the outside, smacking down on the canvas, starts to tear up. At that point, the cavalry arrives; the Patriot, Alex Wright, Mascara Magica and the Fantastics. The latter four keep Flair and Pillman busy and the Patriot throws Arn to the outside before joining them.

Luger crawls over and lays one arm over the Giant. It's good for a count of one.

The Giant ends the match with a power bomb.

Main Event: The Giant pins Lex Luger in ten minutes and thirty seven seconds to become the United States heavyweight champion.

Some post-match brawling ends the show.

#30 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2221 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

Great main event! Shall make things interesting going forward for the Horsemen!

#31 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

25/09/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Florence, South Carolina

Instead of the commentators introducing the show, we're immediately brought down to the ring after a single shot of the crowd. The Horsemen are there; Flair has a mic, and he looks manic, Luger appears surprisingly cheerful, Arn has a fairly blank expression but Pillman can't contain his scowl.

Ric Flair: "Woo!"

The crowd reaction is mixed but Flair is soaking it all in. He's got the big gold belt on his right shoulder, holding the mic in his left hand. Whilst the others are in their ring gear, Flair is in a navy blue suit.

Ric Flair: "Some punks in the back may think they got one over on us, on Saturday. Well, think again! We're... the... four... horsemen! We run this place! Aha."

Cheers and boos, it's all the same to Flair. He breathes it in.

Ric Flair: "Speaking of which... Bobby Heenan! Get out here!"

The president takes quite a while to come down. Flair and Luger pass the time with some backslapping.

Ric Flair: "You mind telling us what happened on Saturday? You let those suckers get involved. Luger left without the belt, Bobby. What kind of company are you running?"

Heenan appears nervous and flustered but he keeps trying to put on a smile.

Bobby Heenan: "We can get Luger a rematch. Tonight, if you want."

Luger doesn't look impressed by that.

Ric Flair: "No, no, no, Bobby. We've got our own plan. Only, we need something from you, to make it work."

Bobby Heenan: "Anything."

Ric Flair: "See, we told everyone that we had our tag champs, in Arn and Pillman, and our US champ in Luger."

Bobby Heenan: "Yes?"

Ric Flair: "Well, that was before we knew the US title picture was filled with cheats and losers -"

Bobby Heenan: "I can't strip the Giant of the belt, the - the board wouldn't let me, we've got too much tied up in him - and the committee's already hounding me for making that match 'no disqualification'. But I can fix things, if you just give me some time."

Ric Flair: "Relax, Bobby. You didn't let me finish."

Bobby Heenan: "Oh - uh - okay."

Ric Flair: "We've decided to rearrange things slightly. See, we still need the tag titles... so, here's what's happening... Luger's gonna' pick them up, with Arn. You need to fast track a title match, Bobby, it's the least you could do for us."

Bobby Heenan: I can get you a number one contenders' match. Tonight."

Ric Flair: "Now we're getting somewhere! We'll take it. But that's not all. Pillman can't come out of this without any gold."

Bobby Heenan: "There's the television title. Warrior's up for fighting anyone."

Ric Flair: "That's a joke title. It doesn't mean anything."

Bobby Heenan: "Uh..."

Ric Flair: "Just think of something... soon."

First Match: the Patriot pins Chris Adams in four minutes and fifty one seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: Bull Nakano & Akira Hokuto defeat Madusa & Malia Hosaka in thirteen minutes and eleven seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: "Welcome back to Monday Nitro!"

Steve McMichael: "There's nowhere I'd rather be. The excitement, Eric, you can feel it in the building, and there's so much more to come."

Eric Bischoff: "Quite right, we've still got great matches coming up, including Alex Wright and Mascara Magica taking on Arn Anderson and Lex Luger. Now, that's a match you just set up earlier in the evening, Brain."

Bobby Heenan: "It's the right call. They're obviously championship material. Might as well skip as many unnecessary steps as possible."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, if they can beat the number one contenders, and that's a big if, they'll have to contend with Harlem Heat."

Bobby Heenan: "I don't think the result can be in any doubt. They're winning tonight, and they're snatching up the belts as soon as they get the chance."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, we've got 'Mean' Gene Okerlund, ready to talk with someone who might have a thing or two to say about that. Over to you, Gene."

Okerlund is in the back with Sherri Martel. Her clients are behind her, and they look like they're ready to kill somebody.

Gene Okerlund: "Well, you've heard it from the horseman's mouth. Flair says Arn Anderson and Lex Luger are the next world tag team champions. Your thoughts?"

Sherri Martel: "Talking's easy, my boys are here to fight."

Gene Okerlund: "The horsemen are no strangers to confrontation themselves."

Sherri Martel: "They're no strangers to ganging up on people, you're right... or stabbing 'em in the back. You saw what happened at War Games."

Gene Okerlund: "I saw your clients ganging up on Sting and the Patriot with the Horsemen."

Sherri Martel: "Oh, certainly. They used a scumbag tactic, but we were there to win."

Gene Okerlund: "So you didn't approve?"

Sherri Martel: "It ain't approval. I'm just pointing out a fact. When it comes down to it, they can't handle a two on two fight."

Gene Okerlund: "There you have it, Eric. No matter who wins tonight, I'd say, they've got a tough time ahead of them if they want the tag team titles."

Eric Bischoff: "Yes, we're... we're going to ringside now."

Third Match: The Warrior pins King Kong Bundy in three minutes and two seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "An excellent match-up. Now, Brain, I'm aware you've got some news for us."

Bobby Heenan: "Yes, I've made some changes to the main event. We'll have the Giant defending his US title against Brian Pillman."

Steve McMichael: "I've got a feeling' he'll have even worse luck than Luger."

Bobby Heenan: "Shut up!"

Fourth Match: Arn Anderson & Lex Luger defeat Alex Wright & Mascara Magica in twenty four minutes and forty seven seconds (including one commercial break).

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Okerlund has his arm held awkwardly toward the camera, his expression is one of mild annoyance. After two seconds of weird silence, an off-screen crewman mutters something and Okerlund's face snaps into a smile as York walks on screen with the Giant behind her.

Gene Okerlund: "Your client is in the main event tonight, against Brian Pillman. What are your thoughts?"

Alexandra York: "Well, Bobby - ahem - well, Gene, it's simple."

Gene Okerlund: "How so?"

Alexandra York: "The Giant will crush Brian Pillman. He was not mind aware that he would be competing tonight but he didn't need to be. He's always ready and always able to fight."

Gene Okerlund: "If I might ask, where is his united states championship?"

Alexandra York: "He does not need to carry around a piece of metal to be the champion, Gene."

Gene Okerlund: "Interesting, and now we -"

The Giant grabs the mic, shoves the two aside and shouts directly into the camera.

The Giant: "I'm the champion! Brian Pillman, I'm a million times stronger than you will ever be!"

Eric Bischoff: "Bobby, you have yet more announcements to make?"

Bobby Heenan: "Are the graphics ready?"

Heenan looks up beyond the camera, shifting his eyes from side to side before nodding.

Bobby Heenan: "Well, it's going down like this. We've got a Battle Bowl to get to."

Eric Bischoff: "An amazing match-type."

Bobby Heean: "We're holding the lottery next week, and we've got the names."

Eric Bischoff: "This should be interesting."

Bobby Heenan: "Well, first off, we've got the Giant."

Eric Bischoff: "Yep, we knew about that one."

Bobby Heenan: "Well, he'd have been in it, anyway, on account of his US title win. Anyone with a championship as of today - they're all in."

Eric Bischoff: "Including Flair?"

Bobby Heenan: "Uh, no. It excludes the world champion. He'll be defending his title at Halloween Havoc. It's unfair to put him in the Battle Bowl, as well."

Eric Bischoff: "Who's he facing?"

Bobby Heenan: "I'm getting to that! I've gotta' run through the names for the lottery, first."

Eric Bischoff: "Alright, so, the Warrior?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, he's in. Along with the tag champs."

Eric Bischoff: "Ooh, that'll be interesting. There's a slim chance they'll stay together, but it's more likely they'll get split up."

Steve McMichael: "It'll be interesting to say how well they do without each other. What if one of 'em gets into the Battle Bowl, and the other comes up short?"

Eric Bischoff: "An excellent question."

Steve McMichael: "What if they have to compete against each other before the Bowl?"

Eric Bischoff: "That's a possibility."

Bobby Heenan: "Right, then we've got Madusa."

Eric Bischoff: "A woman?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah it's just how York wrote up the contract. We assume she'll bow out of World War Three, but she wants to give this one a shot. She is a champion, so, legally, we can't stop."

Eric Bischoff: "Wait, so the same rules apply to World War Three? Champions as of today are automatic entries?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, and Flair's in that one, too, if he wants to be."

Eric Bischoff: "Why wouldn't he?"

Bobby Heenan: "Will you get off my case? I'm not a mind reader!"

Eric Bischoff: "But you're certainly close with Flair."

Steve McMichael: "Some would say that the Stain's a little too close."

Bobby Heenan: "Some would say Pingu's eyes are a little too close together."

Eric Bischoff: "Gentlemen, please... Bobby, go on. Who else is in the lottery?"

Bobby Heenan: "Luger."

Eric Bischoff: "Of course."

Bobby Heenan: "Arn Anderson."

Eric Bischoff: "Go on."

Bobby Heenan: "Pillman... Alex Wright, the Fantastics, the American Males..."

Eric Bischoff: "Interesting so far."

Bobby Heenan: "Slater and Golden, Jackie Fulton, Mascara Magica, Bob Backlund, Cobra, Jim Duggan, the Renegade -"

Eric Bischoff: "The Renegade? No one's seen or heard from him since Fall Brawl."

Bobby Heenan: "So what? We'll draw his name, pair him up with someone, and if he doesn't show up for his match, someone else'll get a shot."

Eric Bischoff: "I suppose that's fair."

Bobby Heenan: "And then, we've got John Nord, the Patriot, the One Man Gang, Chris Adams, King Kong Bundy, Bobby Duncum, Jr., Gorgeous George the third and Chris Kanyon."

Eric Bischoff: "... We still need four more names."

Bobby Heenan: "Those... are our mystery picks."

Steve McMichael: "Mystery picks?"

Bobby Heenan: "Mystery picks."

Eric Bischoff: "So, we've heard it all, now. Who's Flair's opponent at Halloween Havoc, going to be?"

Bobby Heenan: "On October twenty ninth, in Detriot, Michigan, Ric Flair will defend his title against this man!"

A video plays, highlighting Flair's opponent: Jushin Thunder Liger.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: The Giant versus Brian Pillman ends in a 'no contest' ruling, in eight minutes and thirty four seconds, when the Horsemen spark a brawl with half the roster.

And, we're off the air.

#32 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1448 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

You do a great job writing in different "voices." Particularly with Heenan and Flair. I can practically hear them talking. 

#33 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, really fun to see Heenan being in Flair & the Horsemen's back pocket. Totally something I would've seen happen in real-life WCW back then.

#34 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

30/09/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Orlando, Florida

Opening Match: Baxter Golden & Richard Slater defeat the American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs) in five minutes and forty two seconds.

Video Recap: Clips of Luger and Arn winning their match on Nitro are followed by clips from Fall Brawl (of the Horsemen jumping Harlem Heat). The announcers talk about their upcoming match.

Second Match: Bull Nakano pins Debbie Combs in fifty nine seconds.

Hype Video: Clips from the three previous iterations of the Battle Bowl play, along with clips from the Giant's battle royal win at Fall Brawl. It ends with Heenan's announcement of the Lethal Lottery, this coming Monday, and Battle Bowl IV, set for Halloween Havoc. The announcers speculate as to who could end up paired together. Dusty says he wants to see the "... American dream team..." of Madusa and the Patriot.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backstage Interview: Ric Flair berates Heenan for booking the main event of last week's Nitro, demands that he get his act together, wants a title on Pillman "... right now! ... Woo! ...", says the kid "... doesn't deserve to be treated like a chump... ".

Third Match: Lex Luger pins Booker T in fourteen minutes and forty seven seconds (features a commercial break).

Main Event: the Patriot defeats Brian Pillman, via disqualification, in seventeen minutes and forty eight seconds after interference from Arn Anderson.

Mad Scramble Hype: Schiavone rushes to run down the card for Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc.

#35 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:50 AM

02/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Denver, Colorado

Eric Bischoff: "Hello, everyone, I'm Eric Bischoff coming to you live with a very special edition of Monday Nitro."

Steve McMichael: "It's the lethal lottery, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: "I'm here with Steve 'Mongo' McMichael, and not joining us this week, is WCW president Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan. He's got a busy day ahead of him but he'll be back at the broadcast table next week."

Steve McMichael: "I've gotta' admit, not having 'the Stain' around's gonna' make this show a lot easier to call, from my perspective."

Pepe has a party hat on.

Eric Bischoff: "Aha ha ha. Well, let's get right to it!"

Opening Match: the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) defeat Baxter Golden & Richard Slater in thirteen minutes and twenty seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gene Okerlund, Bobby Heenan and Alexandra York are gathered around a golden raffle tumbler.

Gene Okerlund: "Okay, folks, it's time..."

Clattering noises are heard.

Gene Okerlund: "Okay, folks, it's time for us to draw the first sixteen names. We'll explain the rules to you as we go."

Bobby Heenan: "Miss York, care to do the honours?"

Alexandra York: "Certainly, Bobby. The first name is... the Warrior!"

Gene Okerlund: "Wow. That's a big name... and, now, are we drawing his opponent or his tag team partner?"

Bobby Heenan: "His partner comes next, then a second team."

Gene Okerlund: "They'll be Warrior's opponents?"

Bobby Heenan: "Potentially."

Gene Okerlund: "Curious... but let's get on with it."

Alexandra York: "The Warrior's tag team partner will be... Lex Luger!"

Gene Okerlund: "Very interesting! Now, onto the second team, is it?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yup."

Alexandra York: "The next name is... Chris Kanyon!"

Bobby Heenan: "Ha! *coughs* Ahem."

Alexandra York: "And his tag team partner will be... Stevie Ray!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll face Luger and Warrior, or won't they?"

Bobby Heenan: "They will, this Saturday."

Gene Okerlund: "And both members of the winning team will advance to the two-ring Battle Bowl on October twenty ninth! ... Okay, next team."

Alexandra York: "We've got... Alex Wright!"

Gene Okerlund: "Who's his partner going to be?"

York cannot contain her smile.

Alexandra York: "The Giant!"

Gene Okerlund: "An impressive team, certainly. But what about their opponents?"

Bobby Heenan: "Potential opponents."

Gene Okerlund: "Right."

Alexandra York: "The next name we've drawn is... um... I don't know... it's..."

Heenan leans over her shoulder to see the name on the ball.

Bobby Heenan: "Right, that's one of our mystery picks."

Gene Okerlund: "Intriguing!"

Alexandra York: "A... and his partner is... Brian Pillman!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll face the Giant?"

Bobby Heenan: "Ah, no. We want to keep the number of qualifying matches at Halloween Havoc to a minimum. The next time we draw a mystery pick, that'll be the team taking on Pillman and his partner."

Gene Okerlund: "At Halloween Havoc?"

Bobby Heenan: "Correct."

Gene Okerlund: "So our mystery picks will be revealed then?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yes."

Alexandra York: "Okay... our next names are... Booker T! ... and... Jim Duggan!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll be facing?"

Bobby Heenan: "Alex Wright and the Giant, next Monday."

Gene Okerlund: "Alright, then."

Alexandra York: "Our next names are... Bob Backlund! ... and... Madusa!"

Gene Okerlund: "Ah."

Alexandra York: "And, next, we have... um... okay, we've got another mystery pick and... and... another. So, it's a team of mystery men."

Bobby Heenan: "And they'll face Brian Pillman on the twenty ninth."

Alexandra York: "And, finally, we have... Tommy Rogers! ... and... the Renegade!"

Bobby Heenan: "Taking on Bob Backlund and Madusa, on the fourteenth."

Gene Okerlund: "An exciting match up! Over to you... it's time for a commercial break. Don't go anywhere!"

Eric Bischoff: "Ah, no, we've still got plenty of time."

Second Match: the Warrior defeats Jim Duggan, via count-out, in three minutes and twenty seven seconds.

Gene's in the back with Arn and Luger. Arn looks depressed.

Gene Okerlund: "Gentlemen, still to come is our main event, where you'll be challenging Harlem Heat for the tag team titles but, first off, I want your thoughts on today's Lethal Lottery draw."

He holds the mic up for Luger.

Lex Luger: "It doesn't matter who my partner is! I'm the baddest and the bad - and the best. I'm the greatest! I'll be in the Battle Bowl! I'll be the tag team champions and no one's gonna' stop me!"

Gene Okerlund: "So, Arn Anderson, how're you feeling about the Lethal Lottery?"

Arn Anderson: "My opponent could be anyone, and it wouldn't make a lick of difference."

Gene Okerlund: "Interesting comments. But how about this main event?"

Arn Anderson: "I'm made for tag team competition, Gene. With Luger on my side, what hope do the champions have?"

Gene Okerlund: "Well... they are brothers."

Arn Anderson: "And we're horsemen."

Gene Okerlund: "Point, definitely, taken."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bobby Heenan is in the ring, mic in hand, standing next to a small circular table, with an ugly felt green cloth drawn over it, clearly hiding something.

Bobby Heenan: "Pipe down, losers! When I - when I took over as president of this company, our world champion was a nobody... our united states champion was a nobody... our television champion was a nobody... our women's champion was literally nobody... and our tag - and, yep, well this company's grown a lot since then... but I don't think we've done enough. I've come to the conclusion that there is one division of this glorious sport of professional wrestling that our athletes could become masters of, once again. Without any further ado, I present the reactivated WCW World Light Heavyweight championship!"

He reveals the belt, the crowd pops, kind of.

Bobby Heenan: "We will crown a new champion immediately, in our next match... Mascara Magica against Brian Pillman!"

Third Match: Brian Pillman pins Mascara Magica in ten minutes and twenty one seconds to become the world light heavyweight champion.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gene Okerlund: "We'e half way through our lethal lottery, with sixteen more names left to pick!"

Alexandra York: "I've got... Arn Anderson! ... and... King Kong Bundy!"

Gene Okerlund: "What a team!"

Alexandra York: "Then, we've got... Jackie Fulton! ... and... a mystery pick!"

Gene Okerlund: "So that's a match for Halloween Havoc, then?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, so we've got two qualifiers on the day itself."

Alexandra York: "The next team is... Scotty Riggs! ... and... Gorgeous George the third!"

Gene Okerlund: "Wow."

Alexandra York: "And they'll take on -"

Bobby Heenan: "On the sixteenth!"

Alexandra York: "Uh, yeah... and, it's... Richard Slater! ... and... Baxter Golden!"

Gene Okerlund: "Now that is interesting; they may have a distinct advantage, as an existing unit."

Alexandra York: "Then, it's... Cobra! ... and... Bobby Fulton! ... taking on... Bobby Duncum Junior! ... and... John Nord!"

Bobby Heenan: "Set for the twenty first."

Alexandra York: "Our final match will be... Chris Adams! ... and... the One Man Gang! ... versus... well, for those keeping score, it's obviously... Marcus Bagwell! ... and, yep, it's... the Patriot!"

Gene Okerlund: "They're former tag team champions, but the One Man Gang isn't to be taken lightly."

Bobby Heenan: "So, that's our October twenty third match-up."

Gene Okerlund: "And, now, we're... heading to the ring!"

Fourth Match: Bull Nakano pins Malia Hosaka in eight minutes and eleven seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fifth Match: Bob Backlund pins Alex Wright in thirteen minutes and twenty two seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Arn Anderson & Lex Luger defeat Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) in sixteen minutes and twenty seven seconds, to become the new tag team champions.

And, we're off the air.

#36 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1448 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:23 AM

*holds up four fingers*

#37 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7979 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Lethal Lottery is always the best. A team of mystery men???

#38 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

I like the whole chaotic "Heenan making things up as he goes along" nature of this. With Hogan gone,  it's a good thing to build around The Horsemen. Still not sure about Sting & Bret being gone for the first few weeks of Nitro, but hey, The Warrior draws ratings (right)? Looking forward to Havoc and everything else. 

#39 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

Arn Anderson and King Kong Bundy teaming up is such a weird mental image. I love it. 

#40 Scarlet-Left

Scarlet-Left
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

07/10/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Alex Wright pins Cobra in five minutes and forty seconds.

Video Recap: The commentators discuss the lethal lottery, and the match scheduled for tonight. Tony Schiavone tries to give the edge to Chris Kanyon and Stevie Ray, but Dusty Rhodes tears his rationale to pieces.

Second Match: Madusa defeats Akira Hokuto, via disqualification, in fourteen minutes and eight seconds (included commercial break) after interference from Bull Nakano.

Third Match: Lex Luger and the Warrior defeat Chris Kanyon and Stevie Ray in three minutes and twenty one seconds.

Promotional Package: A spooky video plays, hyping up Halloween Havoc. It has the date and time correct but makes no mention of the Battle Bowl and seems to imply that Ric Flair will be taking on Sting.

Backstage Interview: Madusa flips out, challenging “... all comers…” and demanding Nakano face her, one on one. Hokuto interrupts the interview, yelling at her in Japanese. Gene Okerlund says they’ll have to take it up with the committee.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Arn Anderson pins the Patriot in sixteen minutes and twelve seconds.

And, we’re off the air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users