All Japan Pro Wrestling

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

Agree you've got a tough real life counterpart to live up to, but this is coming along well.

#22 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:10 PM

I think the only way to do an alternative version of All Japan is to be a little more angle heavy than in RL, since simply saying "these four guys had another awesome match that the crowd loved" would get old after a while. 

#23 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3026 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

That is what I am trying with the Tenryu Revolution vs Holy Demon Army vs Super Generation Army angle all revolving around Kawada. Who will he pick?

Plus with Eddie coming in under the mask and the Junior Heavyweight Title, I think there is enough different to give it the boost it needs but we will see in the long run. It is still only results but I don't know how much time I would have to really add too much more to it and if it would even fit with the setting.

#24 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3026 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

Giant Baba has been working to get back into ring shape and possibly take the book from Misawa but things appear to be going ahead as follows right now. There could be a major shake up with the recent success if Baba doesn't have faith in Misawa as the booker. The "angle" with regards to Kawada, the Super Generation Army, the Holy Demon Army, and Revolution is said to be the key point for the rest of the year. No one knows how it will end up and who will come out as the main victor as Kawada is being pushed as a major star and a building block against the current champion Misawa. Some wonder that if Misawa builds him up to only defeat him, will it be enough for Baba to resume control. If Misawa loses to Kawada, could Baba see that as evidence that Misawa can't take the pressure of champion/booker at the same time.

#25 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3026 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

(30.09.1995) AJPW October Giant Series 1995 - Tag 1 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

Junior Heavyweight Championship

Black Tiger © defeated Akira Nogami

Stan Hansen & Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Mighty Inoue & Ryukaku Izumida

All-Asia Tag Team Championship

Samson Fuyuki & Koki Kitihara defeated Takao Omori & Jun Akiyama – NEW CHAMPIONS!

Misawa & Kobashi defeated Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Masao Inoue

Tenryu vs Taue

- Ended in a no contest when the Holy Demon Army and Revolution got involved. We saw Kawada come out and get in between both men before hitting a huge kick in the back of Tenryu’s head! Taue smiled and shook his hand before Kawada pulled him in really close… headbutts him and then hits a DDT! The HDA and Revolution look on as Kawada walks off to an ovation from the crowd! In the aisle we see Misawa and Kobashi there as Kawada shakes their hands... it is the SUPER GENERATION ARMY!

#26 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

Nice! Look forward to those three taking on the world together.

#27 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2199 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

Holy crap, these 3 will be unstoppable.

#28 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

Good stuff going a little more angle heavy than RL All Japan. A good option to do since you have Tenryu to use and don't need Misawa, Kawada, and Kobashi to be against each other. 

#29 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

Okay, so my plan is to post every RL TV taping show and at least one event a week. RWTL/CC will get more extensive coverage. Is that sufficient? 2 shows for every three weeks most likely, to make up for the huge gaps between tours.

#30 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

Jun Akiyama.

Nobutaka Araya.

Satoru Asako.

Giant Baba.

Black Cat.

Black Tiger II (AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Champion).

Masanobu Fuchi.

Samson Fuyuki (All Asia Tag Team Champion).

The Great Kabuki.

Haku.

Stan Hansen.

Norio Honaga.

Tamon Honda.

Takashi Iizuka.

Masao Inoue.

Takashi Ishikawa.

Jun Izumida.

Toshiaki Kawada (AJPW World Tag Team Champion).

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi.

Koki Kitahara (All Asia Tag Team Champion).

Kenta Kobashi (AJPW World Tag Team Champion).

Konga.

Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion).

Maunakea Mossman.

Osamu Nishimura.

Akira Nogami.

Yoshinari Ogawa.

Takao Omori.

Masao Orihara.

Miguel Perez, Jr..

Akitoshi Saito.

Richard Slinger.

Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

Akira Taue.

Genichiro Tenryu.

Tiger Mask IV.

Ultimo Dragon.

Katsumi Usuda.

Yuji Yasuraoka.

Negro Casas.

Mascara Magica.

Alex Wright.

#31 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7974 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

Okay, so my plan is to post every RL TV taping show and at least one event a week. RWTL/CC will get more extensive coverage. Is that sufficient? 2 shows for every three weeks most likely, to make up for the huge gaps between tours.

that is completely sufficent!

#32 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

GIANT BABA MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE SITUATION: On October 25, there will be a match pitting Toshiaki Kawada and a partner of his choosing AGAINST Akira Taue and a partner of his choosing. The winning team will be recognized as interim champions through the conclusion of the Real World Tag League, where by default, the winning team will become the OFFICIAL World Tag Team Champions.

In addition, Baba announced the first ever Magic Dragon Cup, in honor of deceased AJPW star and trainer Kazuharu Sonoda, to begin on October 10 and end on October 25. Sonoda and his wife were killed in the crash of South African Airways Flight 295 in 1987. It will be a 16-man single elimination tournament for wrestlers 30 or younger. No word yet if Kenta Kobashi, presumed favorite and Sonoda trainee, will enter or not, but Yoshinari Ogawa, Ultimo Dragon, Black Tiger, and Jun Akiyama are all expected to compete.

#33 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

I kinda want to just pasture my REALLY old guys which makes me feel like an ass, but they are so old. It's not like I can't sign dudes who are just as grumpy but younger and aren't completely shot physically.

#34 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

Or you could go the other direction and sign, like, Tiger Jeet Singh, Abdullah the Butcher, Kuniaki Kobayashi, and Momota and run a seniors tour. 

#35 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Kabuki still had some legs under him around this time.

#36 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

Kabuki can draw just for his entrance.

Saw him on an Osaka Pro show just a few years ago, and I marked out for it. 

#37 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:38 PM

I'm really sad that they never wrangled together the Kabuki-Kojika match that they were self-building on Tenryu's retirement shows.

#38 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

JUMBO TSURUTA OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT, FINAL MATCH TO BE ON OCTOBER 25: After years of injury and illness, the original holder of the All Japan Triple Crown, Tomomi "Jumbo" Tsuruta has announced that he will retire from wrestling in an in-ring capacity to focus on ambassadorship for the company. One of the sport's all-time greats, Tsuruta's ability to compete has been diminished severely and he does not want to leave a legacy of being a shell of his former self. He will receive a retirement ceremony and one final match in order to celebrate his outstanding 22-year tenure with the promotion.

#39 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:28 AM

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DAY FIVE OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES TOUR IN SAITAMA (OCTOBER 6):

HAKU, KONGA, & ULTIMO DRAGON vs. NORIO HONAGA, MASAO INOUE, & JUN IZUMIDA

MASANOBU FUCHI & KATSUMI USUDA vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA & AKIRA NOGAMI

NOBUTAKA ARAYA, KOKI KITAHARA, YOSHINARI OGAWA, & MASAO ORIHARA vs. SATORU ASAKO, TAMON HONDA, TAKASHI IIZUKA, & TAKAO OMORI

BLACK TIGER II & ULTIMATE TIGER vs. MITSUHARU MISAWA & TIGER MASK IV

JUN AKIYAMA, TOSHIAKI KAWADA, & KENTA KOBASHI vs. STAN HANSEN, TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI, & AKIRA TAUE

#40 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:37 AM

That Main Event sounds pretty good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users