All Japan Pro Wrestling

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

STAN HANSEN SPEAKS ON JOINING AKIRA TAUE: "I've fought all of these guys. Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi. And of course I've fought Taue, too. I've betrayed my fair share of partners, but I'm getting older, and I want to think that I'm getting wiser, too. I ain't getting softer, I'll call you out across three continents and two oceans if you even try to say that and you won't be the one getting up. But I have more respect for this sport than I did in my wildest of days. Word's bond. Kawada gave Taue his word years ago now. But things get tough with Tenryu back in town and that's this boy's excuse to stab his best friend in the back? Taue was made a fool, and I just don't have it in me to stand by and accept that kind of shit anymore. If you stick a knife in a man's back, I'm sticking a lariat in your neck."

STAN HANSEN SPEAKS ON THE 'BATTLE OF THE TIGERS': "Well, it's simple. I won't say too much about Black Tiger but I know his roots, I know that he's a fighter, and hell, I just like his style. Something wrong with that? I wanted to bring him under my wing, teach him the finer points. And with the chaos going down over in this new 'Asahi deal', Misawa saw that a successor to his legacy needed a job. I get that. I don't think that Misawa's some kind of egg-sucking dog all of a sudden, but I don't think that this kid knows what Misawa's getting him into right now either, because I think that he's just cannon fodder in Misawa's battles. He's starstruck, I suppose. Well, this is All Japan Pro Wrestling. What we do is beat that out of you. I call up Baba, I ask for a favor. Yes, I ask for a favor from a man that I respect like I respect Shohei Baba. I know this young guy of my own, just like Il Tigre Negro, who's a fighter and needs some work. Ain't telling you snakes who he is, but he's a great athlete. Get him a mask, give him a cover name, and get ourselves another soldier in this war."

#42 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

It's a nice idea, using Stan Hansen as your voice there. I also wonder how and where Hansen met (I'm assuming) Orihara. 

#43 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

Oh, I'm not going to reveal Ultimate Tiger's identity unless it became a WILDLY enticing option, which seems unlikely. He's a full-sized heavyweight, I'll say that.

The Revolution lineup is sort of unclear to me, so I just want to pick up a solid number of Tenryu's young punks (Araya, Orihara) to supplement the group. Eventually develop a deep midcard (Baba will be AGHAST) and either re-introduce the All-Asia Heavyweight Championship from JWA or come up with something weirder and possibly better.

#44 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

FACTION AND TEAM BREAKDOWN

RED LIONS

Takashi Iizuka.

Osamu Nishimura.

Akira Nogami.

Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

Kazuo Yamazaki.

Black Cat (La Peste Negra).

Black Tiger II (La Peste Negra).

REVOLUTION

Nobutaka Araya.

Samson Fuyuki (Romantic Warriors).

The Great Kabuki.

Takashi Ishikawa.

Koki Kitahara (Romantic Warriors).

Yoshinari Ogawa.

Masao Orihara.

Genichiro Tenryu.

Ultimo Dragon.

Yuji Yasuraoka.

Dos Caras.

SUPER GENERATION ARMY

Satoru Asako.

Toshiaki Kawada.

Kenta Kobashi.

Mitsuharu Misawa (Dynastic Tigers).

Takao Omori.

Tiger Mask IV (Dynastic Tigers).

Maunakea Mossman.

UNSINKABLE VENGEANCE ARMY

Masanobu Fuchi.

Masao Inoue.

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi.

Akitoshi Saito.

Akira Taue.

Stan Hansen.

ZEN SOLO FIGHTERS

Jun Akiyama.

Masashi Aoyagi.

Tamon Honda.

Jun Izumida.

Kentaro Shiga.

Katsumi Usuda.

Frank Andersson.

Robbie Brookside.

Haku (Faces of Fear).

Konga (Faces of Fear).

Joe Malenko.

Miguel Perez, Jr..

Steve Williams.

Alex Wright.

LOANED WRESTLERS

Felino (La Peste Negra)

Negro Casas (La Peste Negra).

Ultimate Tiger.

#45 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

Final day-of-show card:

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DAY FIVE OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES TOUR IN SAITAMA (OCTOBER 6):

HAKU & KONGA vs. NORIO HONAGA & MASAO ORIHARA

TAMON HONDA, ULTIMO DRAGON, & KATSUMI USUDA vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA, AKIRA NOGAMI, & TATSUHITO TAKAIWA

KOKI KITAHARA vs. RICHARD SLINGER

NOBUTAKA ARAYA & YOSHINARI OGAWA vs. SATORU ASAKO & TAKAO OMORI

MASANOBU FUCHI vs. SAMSON FUYUKI

BLACK TIGER II & ULTIMATE TIGER vs. MITSUHARU MISAWA & TIGER MASK IV

JUN AKIYAMA, TOSHIAKI KAWADA, & KENTA KOBASHI vs. STAN HANSEN, TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI, & AKIRA TAUE

#46 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Red Lions should just be renamed 'New Japan guys that NJPW has no use for' :)

The Super Generation Army is so loaded it's not even funny. When Akiyama is your 4th guy - yikes. At least they'll be able to pull some great matches out of the non-Tenryu members of Revolution. 

Hansen & Taue wrecking fools will be fun as hell. Maybe throw Kikuchi & Fuchi together as veteran jerks. Good stuff continuing what the previous booker has done and doing something different from RL AJPW. 

#47 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Thanks. Undoubtedly the Red Lions are the Social Outcasts of this right now, but AKIRA & Nish are two all-time favorites. Plus, since you never know how things could shake out, like with the SGA being as stacked as they are... "stacked" isn't always a good thing if you're not getting yours. And they have the greatest solidarity as a pseudo-outsider group who all came out of the same dojo.

Fuchi & Kikuchi will absolutely be teaming in the junior tag tourney. Won't have a TON of teams, but enough, and good diversity. And the All Asias being one of my favorite titles ever, and them being two of my favorite wrestlers ever... you can see where that's going.

We all know that what Baba loved in the '70s were intense, bloody brawls, so he might have to swallow a gimmick match or two, but nothing for a title. 

#48 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Oh, and show writeup soon, spent the weekend feeling just completely sick.

#49 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

I just now realized what the Red Lions name is referencing. Nice touch!

#50 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

10/6/95

AJPW October Giant Series, Day Five

Yashio Bunka Sports Center

Yashio, Saitama.

1) Haku & Konga defeat Norio Honaga & Masao Orihara via pinfall by Haku on Orihara after Haku & Konga hit a double powerbomb. (12:32)
-
2) Osamu Nishimura, Akira Nogami, & Tatsuhito Takaiwa defeat Tamon Honda, Ultimo Dragon, & Katsumi Usuda via pinfall by Nishimura on Usuda after a Northern Lights suplex. (16:08)
-
3) Richard Slinger defeats Koki Kitahara via pinfall after a bridging German suplex. (9:29)
-
4) Nobutaka Araya & Yoshinari Ogawa defeat Satoru Asako & Takao Omori via pinfall by Araya on Asako after a combination bearhug/leg lariat. (13:02)
-
5) Masanobu Fuchi fought Samson Fuyuki to a time-limit draw. (15:00)
-
6) Black Tiger II & Ultimate Tiger defeat Mitsuharu Misawa & Tiger Mask IV via pinfall by Ultimate Tiger on Tiger Mask after a combination powerbomb/top-rope splash. All six men in the main event accompanied their respective stablemates to the ring and ended up assisting with a dive train from all four combatants, at which point they were ejected from the floor and had to enter the crowd. (24:29)
-
7) Jun Akiyama, Toshiaki Kawada, & Kenta Kobashi fought Stan Hansen, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, & Akira Taue to a no-contest. The match almost never stayed in the ring, with one brutal attack after another, including Kawada powerbombing Kikuchi over the timekeeper's table, Hansen hitting Kobashi with a Western lariat on the floor, and Taue delivering a nodowa to Akiyama from over the top rope to the floor. After this, Misawa & Omori stormed the ring but were met by Masao Inoue & Slinger, with Misawa hitting a tiger suplex on Slinger. As professional security, specifically hired by Giant Baba in the event of an incident like this, separated the feuding stables, Genichiro Tenryu in a suit, flanked by Fuyuki & Ogawa, walked out to the ring entrance and delivered a wry smile while smugly gleaming at the ring, before he and his wards walked backstage. (11:58)

#51 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

The Magic Dragon Cup lineup to be announced soon. AJPW dojo graduates will receive priority.

#52 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

1995 HARU SONODA MEMORIAL MAGIC DRAGON CUP PARTICIPANTS:

Jun Akiyama.

Nobutaka Araya.

Satoru Asako.

Black Tiger II.

Masao Inoue.

Jun Izumida.

Mascara Magica.

Osamu Nishimura.

Yoshinari Ogawa.

Takao Omori.

Masao Orihara.

Richard Slinger.

Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

Ultimo Dragon.

Katsumi Usuda.

Alex Wright.

#53 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DAY EIGHT OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES TOUR IN OKAYAMA (OCTOBER 10):

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: MASAO INOUE vs. TAKAO OMORI

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: BLACK TIGER II vs. KATSUMI USUDA

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: YOSHINARI OGAWA vs. ULTIMO DRAGON

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: SATORU ASAKO vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: NOBUTAKA ARAYA vs. TATSUHITO TAKAIWA

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: MASCARA MAGICA vs. RICHARD SLINGER

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: JUN AKIYAMA vs. JUN IZUMIDA

Magic Dragon Cup First Round Match: MASAO ORIHARA vs. ALEX WRIGHT

MASANOBU FUCHI & TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI vs. TAKASHI IIZUKA & AKIRA NOGAMI

HAKU & KONGA vs. AKIRA TAUE & ULTIMATE TIGER

SAMSON FUYUKI, TAKASHI ISHIKAWA, & GENICHIRO TENRYU vs. TOSHIAKI KAWADA, KENTA KOBASHI, & MITSUHARU MISAWA

#54 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

First the tournament matches and then the tags. In one post, but they're separate enough to do a write-up in two sessions.

#55 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

10/10/95

AJPW October Giant Series, Day Eight

Kurashiki City Gymnasium

Kurashiki, Okayama.

1) Takao Omori defeats Masao Inoue via pinfall after a combination Axe Bomber/schoolboy rollup. (10:05)

-

2) Black Tiger II defeats Katsumi Usuda via pinfall after a vertical brainbuster. (7:58)

-

3) Ultimo Dragon defeats Yoshinari Ogawa via pinfall after a running powerbomb. (18:32)

-

4) Osamu Nishimura defeats Satoru Asako via pinfall after a fisherman's suplex. (10:47)

-

5) Nobutaka Araya defeats Tatsuhito Takaiwa via pinfall after a belly-to-back suplex. (9:24)

-

6) Mascara Magica defeats Richard Slinger via submission with a Doble Palanca hold. (11:34)

-

7) Jun Akiyama defeats Jun Izumida via pinfall after a Death Valley Bomb. (11:06)

-

8) Alex Wright defeats Masao Orihara via submission with a Boston Crab hold. (14:57)

-

9) Masanobu Fuchi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi defeat Takashi Iizuka & Akira Nogami via pinfall by Kikuchi on Iizuka after a top-rope diving headbutt. (14:22)

-

10) Akira Taue & Ultimate Tiger defeat Haku & Konga via submission with an Ultimate Tiger-applied Scorpion Deathlock on Konga. (12:37)

-

11) Toshiaki Kawada, Kenta Kobashi, & Mitsuharu Misawa defeat Samson Fuyuki, Takashi Ishikawa, & Genichiro Tenryu via pinfall by Misawa on Ishikawa after a Tiger Driver. The members of Revolution took off from the ring as Kawada issued a challenge to Taue to officially name his partner for 10/25. Taue came out with Stan Hansen, his cofounder of the new Unsinkable Vengeance Army, and said that Hansen would indeed be his partner for the interim tag team title. He immediately issued the challenge back to Kawada, and both Kobashi & Misawa stepped forward, to indicate that Kawada was reserving his right to wait until it was absolutely necessary to name one of the two as his partner. But as he did this, Ultimate Tiger emerged back out from the crowd and attacked Misawa as Hansen & Taue charged the ring to make it three on three. Only a few seconds of brawling ensued before Giant Baba made his return to AJPW at the ring entrance and stated that HE would make Kawada's decision for him. As the SGA left the ring, Ultimate Tiger and Misawa engaged in a bit of a staredown. (17:11)

#56 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

CARD FOR THE 11TH DAY OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES AT KORAKUEN HALL (OCTOBER 14):

Magic Dragon Cup Quarterfinal Match: MASCARA MAGICA vs. ULTIMO DRAGON

Magic Dragon Cup Quarterfinal Match: BLACK TIGER II vs. ALEX WRIGHT

Magic Dragon Cup Quarterfinal Match: NOBUTAKA ARAYA vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA

Magic Dragon Cup Quarterfinal Match: JUN AKIYAMA vs. TAKAO OMORI

HARUKA EIGEN, TAMON HONDA, & JUMBO TSURUTA vs. HAKU, JUN IZUMIDA, & RUSHER KIMURA

SAMSON FUYUKI, NORIO HONAGA, & KOKI KITAHARA vs. MASAO INOUE, TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI, & RICHARD SLINGER

TAKASHI IIZUKA & AKIRA NOGAMI vs. KENTA KOBASHI & TIGER MASK IV

STAN HANSEN & AKITOSHI SAITO vs. TAKASHI ISHIKAWA & GENICHIRO TENRYU

MITSUHARU MISAWA vs. ULTIMATE TIGER

MASANOBU FUCHI & AKIRA TAUE vs. TOSHIAKI KAWADA & MAUNAKEA MOSSMAN

#57 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7974 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

You are doing a great job.

#58 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

Thanks. I don't have super-elaborate results stuff (big shows will be more colorful) but I do have a general plan to continue on the more angle-centric AJPW without it breaking the classic style of the promotion too much. I might add in a few shows sanctioned by AJ that aren't just "AJPW shows", which is more common now but NJPW did them regularly at the time with Muga/Heisei. With Tenryu, a WAR show seems pretty obvious. Planning on posting the 10/14 show today.

#59 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

10/14/95

AJPW October Giant Series, Day Eleven

Korakuen Hall

Tokyo

1) Ultimo Dragon defeats Mascara Magica via referee stoppage with a Dragon Sleeper hold. (11:20)

-

2) Black Tiger II defeats Alex Wright via pinfall after a Frog Splash. (12:36)

-

3) Haruka Eigen, Tamon Honda, & Jumbo Tsuruta defeat Haku, Jun Izumida, & Rusher Kimura via pinfall by Tsuruta on Izumida after a powerbomb. After the match, Jumbo announced that his final match on 10/25 would be a ten-man tag team survival match, and that he wanted it to be an all-star affair, and challenged Genichiro Tenryu, whom declared to be his greatest-ever rival, to captain a team against him. Tenryu came out and accepted the offer, and the two men embraced. (10:47)

-

4) Samson Fuyuki, Norio Honaga, & Koki Kitahara defeat Masao Inoue, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, & Richard Slinger via pinfall by Honaga on Slinger after a straitjacket German suplex. Despite the loss, Kikuchi challenged Fuyuki & Kitahara to a match for the All-Asia Tag Team titles on 10/25, where he would team with Masa Fuchi. The Romantic Warriors team accepted the challenge, with Fuyuki noting that Fuchi/Kikuchi were both junior heavyweights and of no threat to them, setting off Kikuchi who had to be restrained by Inoue & Slinger. (13:29)

-

5) Osamu Nishimura defeats Nobutaka Araya via submission with a spinning toe-hold. (14:11)

-

6) Jun Akiyama defeats Takao Omori via pinfall after consective Exploder suplexes. (17:10)

-

7) Kenta Kobashi & Tiger Mask IV defeat Takashi Iizuka & Akira Nogami via pinfall by Kobashi on Iizuka after moonsaults by both Tiger Mask & Kobashi in succession. (18:42)

-

8) Takashi Ishikawa & Genichiro Tenryu defeat Stan Hansen & Akitoshi Saito via pinfall by Tenryu on Saito after a diving back elbow drop. Tenryu named Ishikawa & Yoshinari Ogawa as his first two teammates for the 10/25 match against Tsuruta & his team. He extended an offer to Hansen, in case Hansen was wanting out of the AJPW Tag Team title match in which he had vowed to team with Akira Taue. Hansen responded that, despite his respect for Tsuruta, that he had no interest in winning Tenryu a testimonial match, and that Tenryu knew that, and that he found Tenryu's attempt at creating a rift between himself and Taue to be disgusting. Tenryu left the ring with Ishikawa looking as nonchalant as ever after his attempt to get under Hansen's skin. (14:04)

-

9) Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Ultimate Tiger ended in a double disqualification after both men brawled out of the ring and into the crowd. The match broke down after Ultimate Tiger caught Misawa's elbow suicida dive into a belly-to-belly suplex on the outside, which nearly resulted in a double countout itself. As he rose, Misawa snapped and grabbed a chair from ringside and laid into Tiger, who responded in kind. Blood could be seen trickling out of one of the eyeholes of Ultimate Tiger's mask as the two threw closed-fist punches. The Super Generation and Unsinkable Vengeance Armies emerged from the locker room to seperate their respective representatives. Giant Baba sent out the rest of the "Zen Solo" roster in order to provide impartial assistance to quell the potential war of the two armies in a scene so chaotic to have not been seen since the reign of terror by The Sheik & Abdullah the Butcher of the late 1970s. (15:40)

-

10) Masanobu Fuchi & Akira Taue defeat Toshiaki Kawada & Maunakea Mossman via pinfall by Taue on Mossman after a nodowa. The match was a fevered and intense fight following the Misawa-Tiger match that preceded it, with all four men in the ring at once with all of the SGA/UVA members surrounding the ring and turning it into a de facto lumberjack match. Both factions stormed the ring at the match's conclusion, leading to a three-way fight between Kawada/Misawa's, Hansen/Taue's, and Baba's men. Again, Genichiro Tenryu would be seen smiling at the havoc being wreaked, being flanked by the entire Revolution stable at the entranceway as Korakuen descended into madness. (10:11)

#60 Bierschwale

Bierschwale
  • Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

GIANT BABA WITH TWO HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 10/25:

Toshiaki Kawada will team with KENTA KOBASHI against Stan Hansen & Akira Taue to determine the new AJPW World Tag Team champions. This has to be announced now because of the other match officially being signed for the Budokan show-- a non-title match featuring MITSUHARU MISAWA against ULTIMATE TIGER. Baba feels as though "[his] hand is being forced" and that to settle this rivalry and prevent the "inmates from running the asylum", he must break from All Japan tradition, meaning that this match will be a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE IN THE BUILDING TEXAS DEATH MATCH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users