Joshi Stardom OZ Academy Pro Wrestling WAVE Ice Ribbon Sendai Girls

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#41 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Some good stuff coming up in the next few weeks. 11/3 has JWP is running Korakuen Hall with the Kyoko Kimura vs. Arisa Nakajima rematch, (hopefully Nanae Takahashi challenging Arisa after the match.) Plus, Ice Ribbon is running the same day with Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. Tsukushi for the ICE Infinity Title, while Avid Rival vs. Azure Revolution for the tag titles on the same show. Then OZ Academy is running a title match with Sonoko Kato vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto on 11/13.

#42 cpst

cpst
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

What are some of the best Tsukasa Fujimoto matches?

#43 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

From this year, her ICE Infinity Title win vs. Risa Sera on 7/3 and 7/18 title defense vs. Maya Yukihi were both pretty good. Other than that the double header she did with Arisa Nakajima on 12/28/14, her REINA Title win over Syuri on 11/3/15 and the 12/26/15 title match with Maki Narumiya.

I watch the Samurai TV clips of Kyoko Kimura's JWP Title win over Arisa Nakajima and it's a shame we're probably not ever going to see it in full. What they showed looked awesome as Arisa sets up her own demise by recklessly elbowing Kimura on the ringpost till Kyoko slides out of the way causing Nakajima to slam her arm into the post. The rest of the highlights has Kimura going after the arm whenever she is in trouble eventually causing a ref stoppage for the win.

Their rematch on 11/3 is now going to be a "Dress-Up Wild Fight" like the well-known Kansai/Ozaki street fights from the 90's.

#44 Noahe12

Noahe12
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:43 AM

Kairi Hojo recommendations?

#45 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:40 AM

For this year or her career?

#46 Noahe12

Noahe12
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Career

#47 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Career
December 12, 2014 vs Meiko Satomura - Fortune Dream

March 11, 2015 with Nanae Takahashi vs the Jumanji Sisters - Sendai Girls
May 17, 2015 vs Mayu Iwatani
June 14, 2015 vs Meiko Satomura
July 7, 2015 vs Takumi Iroha
July 30, 2015 vs Meiko Satomura
September 6, 2015 vs KAORU
September 23, 2015 vs Hudson Envy

January 17, 2016 vs Io Shirai
March 21, 2016 with Meiko Satomura vs Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani
June 6, 2016 with Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura & Mika Iwata
June 14, 2016 vs Hiroyo Matsumoto - Fortune Dream
September 3, 2016 vs Io Shirai

All those matches are from Stardom except the ones noted from Fortune Dream and Sendai Girls.

There are more matches Pre dating 2014 with her teaming with Nanae Takahashi but I have to look more.

#48 Noahe12

Noahe12
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:56 AM

Speaking of women, it now looks like Kairi Hojo is coming with Io Shirai. Stardom knew last week that Shirai was leaving and Hojo was on the verge, and was pushing for Hojo to stay noting she'd be their top star. Right now both are scheduled to stay with Stardom through about April of next year. Shirai will have her 10th anniversary big show on 3/20 at Korakuen Hall and that will be her last major event. Hojo will have a homecoming show in April and then also probably be leaving, although Stardom is trying to convince her to stay because losing one won't be so bad but losing both will be devastating, in particular because they have nobody at their level to elevate to take their places. The promotions' big three of late have been those two and Mayu Iwatani.

From this weeks Observer 

#49 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

Arisa Nakajima leaving JWP at the end of the year is interesting news as well.

#50 cpst

cpst
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

Well, I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of Momo and Kyona.

#51 ns1257

ns1257
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

Arisa is my favourite Joshi wrestler from the current generation so I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for her coming next year. With Io and Hojo leaving STARDOM she'd make a great replacement for the void they'd leave. Is it possible that WWE is interested in her as well, especially with the rumored women's tournament in the works? Worst case scenario is that just ends up working Nanae's promotion full time but even that's a step up from her current situation in JWP since their shows actually get aired on TV. I can't imagine she'll just end up bouncing around OZ, WAVE, Ice Ribbon, etc., hardly seems worth leaving her home promotion for that considering she was doing that anyway while she was with JWP.

#52 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

Arisa is my favourite Joshi wrestler from the current generation so I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for her coming next year. With Io and Hojo leaving STARDOM she'd make a great replacement for the void they'd leave. Is it possible that WWE is interested in her as well, especially with the rumored women's tournament in the works? Worst case scenario is that just ends up working Nanae's promotion full time but even that's a step up from her current situation in JWP since their shows actually get aired on TV. I can't imagine she'll just end up bouncing around OZ, WAVE, Ice Ribbon, etc., hardly seems worth leaving her home promotion for that considering she was doing that anyway while she was with JWP.
I feel the same way as I can't imagine her just leaving JWP to do the same bookings as she did before. The Seadlinnng thing is something I haven't even thought of. They are gonna have 7 Korakuen Hall shows in 2017 and looking at the claimed attendance numbers, they are not far off from Stardom. They draw roughly the same as JWP and smoke WAVE as WAVE has probably the lowest numbers at Korakuen for any wrestling promotion this year. Granted Nakajima wrestles on all of those shows anyway but it's something to think about. I would go with Stardom & WWE being the leaders if she truly a free agent.

#53 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

For match recommendations on Joshi from the last decade, here's a thread to start with:

http://prowrestlingo...view=getnewpost

Also, Donsem43 made a great list of best women's matches from last year and a lot of them come from Japan.

http://prowrestlingo...5/?fromsearch=1

#54 ns1257

ns1257
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

I feel the same way as I can't imagine her just leaving JWP to do the same bookings as she did before. The Seadlinnng thing is something I haven't even thought of. They are gonna have 7 Korakuen Hall shows in 2017 and looking at the claimed attendance numbers, they are not far off from Stardom. They draw roughly the same as JWP and smoke WAVE as WAVE has probably the lowest numbers at Korakuen for any wrestling promotion this year. Granted Nakajima wrestles on all of those shows anyway but it's something to think about. I would go with Stardom & WWE being the leaders if she truly a free agent.

I can imagine that STARDOM may have offered her a contract upon Io and Kairi getting offers from WWE (plus the lure of wrestling on TV in the top Women's fed in Japan instead of your shows only being streamed via one camera on NicoNico) because they really need someone to carry the promotion and Iwatani isn't ready just yet. Or she very well could be WWE bound. Maybe the only way she had a shot at WWE/the women's tournament was leaving JWP because Bolshoi is very protective of their talent and restricts a lot of what they can do outside of their promotion and how they're booked.

The only thing that seems off is that they're already getting Io and Kairi, would they really want a third Japanese female wrestler? I think she may just do the women's tournament and see what happens from there, maybe she'll get offered a contract along with other women like the Crusierweight Classic. I guess there will be another Joshi or two in the tournament since Io and Kairi won't be able to make it in time. Fujimoto and Shida maybe?

#55 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

I get the feeling that the Hojo news is going to keep ping-ponging between her going/not going till either Stardom or Kairi herself make an official announcement. I imagine it's a really difficult decision because there is definitely a large risk in her getting another head injury. If that happens then I highly doubt the WWE would make another offer. With Stardom, they have to have Iwatani beat Io now, even if Hojo decides to stay. It won't be nearly as big if you just go from Io to Hojo to Iwatani so there is no real choice to me. Bito should also be the one to beat Hojo for the Wonder of Stardom title. I could see them using a foreigner like Kay Lee Ray or Viper as a transitional champ for either one of those belts.

I'm not surprised at Arisa Nakajima going freelance. I was actually expecting it since last year when she dropped the JWP title to Kayoko Haruyama but it didn't happen. I imagine the main reason joshi wrestlers go freelance is because it frees up their schedules. It might hurt their push when it comes to the promotions they work but that might not matter much if there really isn't much more money to be made. I would be very shocked if she showed up in Stardom after how the whole Best Friends/Thunder Rock deal broke down.

#56 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

Speaking of Arisa, her vs. Yoshiko on the 10/16 SEAdLINNNG show is pretty great. Better than anything on the 9/28 show.

#57 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

Here are my thoughts on the October Stardom Korakuen show and the future of Stardom.

http://wrestlingwith...re-for-stardom/

#58 cpst

cpst
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

Here are my thoughts on the October Stardom Korakuen show and the future of Stardom.

http://wrestlingwith...re-for-stardom/

Sounds like the main event was better with commentary. It was a very sparse match that had a quieter crowd than usual for these main events, so there was something missing when watching it on Stardom World. I'm not a fan of these "ref stops someone from doing a move or pinning their opponent" spots. They seem so awkward. Really good match though, and a nice ending to a lackluster card.

It's surprising that with Io and possibly Kairi leaving there's no real sign of pushing anyone else up the card.

#59 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:21 AM

So this week in the Observer, not only is Hojo reconsidering but Io is to because she would blocked by Asuka. I'm sure it will be different again next week.

The Nakajima/Kimura rematch for the JWP Title is up. Found the match to be disappointing. The things that really annoy me about Kimura show up, (shoehorning in her heel shtick, cutting off her opponents comebacks to soon,) plus she works like she just ate too much turkey at holiday meal. Arisa tries, but Kimura isn't as salvageable as Ozaki was earlier in the year

#60 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

The 11/3 Ice Ribbon show is a pretty good top to bottom show. I don't the main isn't quite the MOTYC that some have said, but it's still damn good. While she's only 18, Tsukushi is looking like she's ready to breakout as a top-level worker. Honestly, looking at the promotion as a whole, Ice Ribbon looks a lot more promising than Stardom does over the next year or two, that's even considering the chance that both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo stay. Ice Ribbon just has a more complete roster with a few younger workers that have great star potential that are ready to break through.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joshi, Stardom, OZ Academy, Pro Wrestling WAVE, Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users