Pro Wrestling Only

I watched and reviewed DDT's Joshi Pro 1/4/17 show here:

http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/ddt-tokyo-joshi-puroresu-142017.html

Some shots from the show:

42.gif

41.gif

2-8-2017%2B2-04-12%2BPM.png

2-8-2017%2B11-38-43%2BAM.png

Thoughts on the show: The first half is awful comedy and the second half is serious wrestling. Totally a tale of two shows but the main and the semi main made it worth it. Saki Akai is the next big thing as the new Ohka/Takako and Yamashita reminds me of a young Chigusa. Yuu stole the show though by just being a judo-throwing tank who has tons of potential. DDT has the talent there, just it's DDT and the comedic shit sucks.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished watching the 2/23 Stardom show. I felt that all four of the title matches delivered, especially the top two. Hojo/Kyona did a great job of making Jungle look like a legit threat. Io/Baszler was looking like a MOTYC till the weird finish. Still great performances from the both of them as the match was a much better than I was expecting.

Also watched the 2/11 WAVE show. Pretty much a two match show. The OVER SUN vs. Azure Revolution tag titles match was good but nothing special. Azure almost always have good matches but they really should have had a great match or two by now considering their talent level and how long they have been together as a team. The Mizunami/Ohata main event was fantastic. It got off to a slow start but it picks up quite a bit along the way. I enjoyed the finish a lot as Ohata kept finding creative ways to counter Mizunami's Hot Limit finisher.

So Hojo is WWE bound with Io likely going to because she's making a trip to Orlando soon. Plus Mayu is apparently retiring, probably so she can pop up in SEAdLINNNG a few months later. Pretty weird how everything seems to be going down.

Saw this as well and it was really quite the downer as Stardom had quickly become one of my favorite promotions. What's the connection / speculation with Mayu and SEAdLINNNG? Hadn't heard that but am also not familiar enough with the joshi scene to make heads or tails of these things. Any thoughts on who they push after the exodus or on the possibility of working more with other groups?

They've done such a great job of putting together diverse cards with the strong main events featuring talent at the top while also developing and moving up the Jungle Kyona/Konami types and introducing the literal kids to the card. AZM is what, 14? 15? In a month's time she's gone from looking like someone who won a contest to hang with wrestlers on spring break to credibly working as the rookie who's learning the ropes but actually belongs in the ring. It makes such a huge difference and hasn't compromised the six man tags she's been a part of. Add to all of that the efforts they put into making Stardom World and the shows accessible for Western audiences and I really hope they find a way to eventually thrive after this big blow.

So Hojo is WWE bound with Io likely going to because she's making a trip to Orlando soon. Plus Mayu is apparently retiring, probably so she can pop up in SEAdLINNNG a few months later. Pretty weird how everything seems to be going down.

Saw this as well and it was really quite the downer as Stardom had quickly become one of my favorite promotions. What's the connection / speculation with Mayu and SEAdLINNNG? Hadn't heard that but am also not familiar enough with the joshi scene to make heads or tails of these things. Any thoughts on who they push after the exodus or on the possibility of working more with other groups?

They've done such a great job of putting together diverse cards with the strong main events featuring talent at the top while also developing and moving up the Jungle Kyona/Konami types and introducing the literal kids to the card. AZM is what, 14? 15? In a month's time she's gone from looking like someone who won a contest to hang with wrestlers on spring break to credibly working as the rookie who's learning the ropes but actually belongs in the ring. It makes such a huge difference and hasn't compromised the six man tags she's been a part of. Add to all of that the efforts they put into making Stardom World and the shows accessible for Western audiences and I really hope they find a way to eventually thrive after this big blow.

Mayu was good friends with Yoshiko in Stardom and trained under Nanae Takahashi. Yoshiko did the retirement deal in 2015 after the Act shoot but turned up in Seadlinnng last year. Haruka Kato retired from Stardom last year and then showed up wrestling at a Reina show months later so the retirement is a way of getting out of the promotion.

Recently, Seadlinnng had a roster page with six spots with two open spots available. One of the spots went to Sareee cause she transferred from Diana to Seadlinnng so that's why people think Mayu is next.

Konami also left Reina because she had an "illness" only to pop up in Stardom a few months later. Mayu also missed 3 shows in about 4 weeks earlier this year due to "sickness." Add that to the likeliness of her mentor/friend Io leaving and the inconsistency of her push recently it becomes a hot stove conspiracy theory.

I was shocked when Meltzer reported that Hojo either did a 180 or flat out lied to Stardom about going to the WWE. Pretty much every wrestler who has talked about working in Stardom has been very high on Hojo in the locker room and commented on how she's everybody friend. Very surprise that this point isn't being talked about.

Never mind that all of this news dropped the same day as Io's tenth anniversary show, and just days after Stardom announced a Io/Hojo title match at the next Korakeun Hall show. I've never ran a wrestling promotion but if I was Rossy Ogawa, I would be pissed that this news broke when it did.

Konami also left Reina because she had an "illness" only to pop up in Stardom a few months later. Mayu also missed 3 shows in about 4 weeks earlier this year due to "sickness." Add that to the likeliness of her mentor/friend Io leaving and the inconsistency of her push recently it becomes a hot stove conspiracy theory.

I was shocked when Meltzer reported that Hojo either did a 180 or flat out lied to Stardom about going to the WWE. Pretty much every wrestler who has talked about working in Stardom has been very high on Hojo in the locker room and commented on how she's everybody friend. Very surprise that this point isn't being talked about.

Never mind that all of this news dropped the same day as Io's tenth anniversary show, and just days after Stardom announced a Io/Hojo title match at the next Korakeun Hall show. I've never ran a wrestling promotion but if I was Rossy Ogawa, I would be pissed that this news broke when it did.

If Dave was given that news by Fumi Saito or somebody else on the Stardom side, then the story about Hojo misleading the promotion could be to make Stardom look like the victim here. Dave has been pretty bold in terms of reporting Joshi news lately as he said that Arisa Nakajima blindsided JWP by announcing her becoming a freelancer and Nanae ordering the shoot of Yoshiko on Act Yasakawa. Idk about the second one but the first seemed like Arisa got wind of JWP closing and left before it happened in reality.

I understand why they would want to get their side out, I just don't get the timing. Why not wait until after the show on the 20th to let them try to draw as well as they can with the biggest match up that they currently have. This news getting out now is more likely to cause them to lose Stardom World subscriptions quicker to.

Anyway, Sendai Girls is getting interesting. Syuri beat Meiko Satomura in a rematch of their super underrated match from last year. This is also the third big singles job that Meiko has done in the last six months. Also, they also announced Aja Kong/Chihiro Hashimoto rematch for their April Korakeun show.

Ice Ribbon is running a pretty loaded show on the 26th with this lineup on top:

* Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. Arisa Nakajima
* International Ribbon Tag Team Championship : Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata, Ryo Mizunami)© vs. Over Sun (Yumi Ohka, Yuki Miyazaki) vs. Tsukushi, Hiragi Kurumi
* ICEx∞ Championship : Risa Sera © vs. Rina Yamashita
All three of those matches have the potential of being very good if not great.

If you have Stardom World, make sure to check out the main events from the last two shows (3/5 & 3/9.) Both of those matches are really great with the latter, Io Shirai's tenth anniversary match with her teaming with Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani and Chihiro Hashimoto, being the first legit joshi MOTYC of 2017. Toni Storm vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto from the 3/9 show is pretty good too.

Does anybody know where I can find uploads of the following matches please:

Io Shirai vs Viper

Io Shirai vs Shayna Bazler

Kairi Hojo vs Nixon Newell

I normally use Joshi City as my site to watch from however the guy didn't upload them since they are on Stardom World. I've also scoured the internet and cannot find them.

If you have Stardom World, make sure to check out the main events from the last two shows (3/5 & 3/9.) Both of those matches are really great with the latter, Io Shirai's tenth anniversary match with her teaming with Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani and Chihiro Hashimoto, being the first legit joshi MOTYC of 2017. Toni Storm vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto from the 3/9 show is pretty good too.

On vacation this week so won't be able to get there until next weekend. This post is my reminder to watch ASAP. That anniversary show tag sounded incredible on paper and I'm even more excited to hear it delivered.

Donsen, what's the word on Matusmoto? She seems a solid character, good size and more than decent in the ring. Put it all together and there seems promise for a headliner. Something I'm missing here?

She's a freelancer so groups a hesitant to push her. Her current OZ Academy reign is the first major title run that she has had in her career. I agree that she has everything that you need to be a headliner. If she had come along in the mid 80's or mid 90's she would probably be a bigger star than she is now. It's really a shame since I think that she's a top 10 joshi worker right now.

Ice Ribbon is running a pretty loaded show on the 26th with this lineup on top:

* Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. Arisa Nakajima
* International Ribbon Tag Team Championship : Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata, Ryo Mizunami)© vs. Over Sun (Yumi Ohka, Yuki Miyazaki) vs. Tsukushi, Hiragi Kurumi
* ICEx∞ Championship : Risa Sera © vs. Rina Yamashita
All three of those matches have the potential of being very good if not great.

So after looking at the results of this show, these matches could be just as good as I thought. All of them got a fair amount of time, more than 15 minutes. As an added bonus, Best Friends reunited after their singles' match and challenged Nanae Takahashi and a partner of her choosing for the 4/24 show.