191 replies to this topic

#141 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Well....

Spoiler

Dave Meltzer said that she is there to see how everything is before making a decision.

#142 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

Manami Toyota is retiring on November 3rd.

#143 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

If you have Stardom World, make sure to check out the main events from the last two shows (3/5 & 3/9.) Both of those matches are really great with the latter, Io Shirai's tenth anniversary match with her teaming with Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani and Chihiro Hashimoto, being the first legit joshi MOTYC of 2017. Toni Storm vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto from the 3/9 show is pretty good too.

#144 Noah Mark

Noah Mark
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Does anybody know where I can find uploads of the following matches please:

Io Shirai vs Viper

Io Shirai vs Shayna Bazler

Kairi Hojo vs Nixon Newell

I normally use Joshi City as my site to watch from however the guy didn't upload them since they are on Stardom World.  I've also scoured the internet and cannot find them.

#145 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 4968 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

If you have Stardom World, make sure to check out the main events from the last two shows (3/5 & 3/9.) Both of those matches are really great with the latter, Io Shirai's tenth anniversary match with her teaming with Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani and Chihiro Hashimoto, being the first legit joshi MOTYC of 2017. Toni Storm vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto from the 3/9 show is pretty good too.

On vacation this week so won't be able to get there until next weekend.  This post is my reminder to watch ASAP.  That anniversary show tag sounded incredible on paper and I'm even more excited to hear it delivered.

Donsen, what's the word on Matusmoto?  She seems a solid character, good size and more than decent in the ring.  Put it all together and there seems promise for a headliner.  Something I'm missing here?

#146 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

She's a freelancer so groups a hesitant to push her. Her current OZ Academy reign is the first major title run that she has had in her career. I agree that she has everything that you need to be a headliner. If she had come along in the mid 80's or mid 90's she would probably be a bigger star than she is now. It's really a shame since I think that she's a top 10 joshi worker right now.

#147 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 4968 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for putting that all together.  I'm guessing she earns more as a freelancer than the potential under contract to Stardom or elsewhere.  She really does seem like the total package.

#148 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Io/Hojo from the 3/20 Stardom show is great. I would recommend watching their last match from 9/3/16 before watching it since they play off of that match quite a bit. The post-match is interesting as Hojo says that she wants them to fight at "the next level" then Io quickly changes the subject.

#149 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Ice Ribbon is running a pretty loaded show on the 26th with this lineup on top:

* Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. Arisa Nakajima
* International Ribbon Tag Team Championship : Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata, Ryo Mizunami)© vs. Over Sun (Yumi Ohka, Yuki Miyazaki) vs. Tsukushi, Hiragi Kurumi
* ICEx∞ Championship : Risa Sera © vs. Rina Yamashita  

All three of those matches have the potential of being very good if not great.

So after looking at the results of this show, these matches could be just as good as I thought. All of them got a fair amount of time, more than 15 minutes. As an added bonus, Best Friends reunited after their singles' match and challenged Nanae Takahashi and a partner of her choosing for the 4/24 show.

#150 aguakun

aguakun
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hopefully Yoshiko making her return to Ice Ribbon!

#151 Noah's_Savior

Noah's_Savior
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Don't know if anyone here has been paying attention to Beginning Pro Actwres girl'Z but since the beginning of 2017 the roster has been popping up more places, most recently at JWP's 25th anniversary show, Pro Wrestling ACE, Pro Wrestling Diane, and even a tag match at a March AJPW show like Ice Ribbon has had in the past. Yumiko Hotta wrestled at their show, ACT 18, on March 26 and will have some of the Actwres girl'Z at a May 4 produce show. I don't know any backstage details like who the owner is and sponsors, but I found their recent increased presence on different cards interesting. 

#152 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

This popped up in my YouTube suggestions and I thought some people here would want to see it. Someone did English subtitles for the video package that Samurai did for the last Shirai sister tag match back in 2015. It pretty much explains the relationship between the two of them from Io's perspective at least, Mio wasn't interviewed.

#153 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

Finished watching the 3/21 WAVE/Joshi Pro show. Even with all of the matches having a ten minute time limit the show still produce some really good bouts and also had some faces that don't usually make tape like Takumi Iroha. Overall, March was a damn good month for joshi. After checking my spreadsheet, almost half of the matches on it are from March and that is still with the Ice Ribbon, OZ Academy, and two Stardom shows to watch.

Kagetsu announced that she will be leaving wrestling for the time being after April 23. Personally, I've found her work this year to be disappointing. Hopefully this will give her an opportunity to refocus and improve some things for the future.

#154 aguakun

aguakun
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

The Best Friends restart match was changed and they're now against Lovely Butchers. I wonder what went wrong.

#155 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

WAVE announced the lineup for this year's Catch the WAVE tournament. It's pretty underwhelming when you consider the lineup from the last two years although the final could be pretty good since it looks like it will be Sareee vs. either Misaki Ohata or Rina Yamashita. Also, the main event of the opening night of the tournament is Takumi Iroha (in a rare appearance on tape) vs. Ryo Mizunami. The last time Iroha had a big title match was vs. Kairi Hojo for the World of Stardom title back in 2015 and that match was really great. WAVE Network also uploaded every match from the last two tournaments. I really want to watch last years finals because the matchups for them look fantastic. 

#156 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

Kairi Hojo has an awesome new Popeye shirt:

C90qgIwUIAEP7-c.jpg

#157 Noah's_Savior

Noah's_Savior
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

Pure-J has their first trainee, Tamami Kasazawa. She's 17 years old, 162 cm tall, and her sports background includes karate, judo, wrestling, baseball, and dodgeball. She grew up watching wrestling and her favorites were Dump, Aja, and Kyoko Inoue and she aims to debut at Pure-J's first show at Korakuen on August 11. 

During the main event of the latest Hikaru Shida produce show Hikaru lost consciousness but it doesn't seem serious right now, she tweeted that tomorrow she's getting an exam and apologizes for causing worry. Update: she has a concussion.  

#158 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

The Best Friends restart match was changed and they're now against Lovely Butchers. I wonder what went wrong.

Looks like they moved it to the next SEAdLINNNG show.

C-UcSXUXkAIug2O.jpg

#159 rzombie1988

rzombie1988
  • Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

Arisa aged.

#160 aguakun

aguakun
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

It's just a really bad picture!

C-aSPtxVoAAu-FO.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joshi, Stardom, OZ Academy, Pro Wrestling WAVE, Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users