Pro Wrestling Only

Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard

Brother Love Bruce Prichard has a great podcast with Conrad (Flair's sidekick) walking through old WWF events in their entirety. I've listened to 3 of the 4 episodes (Dusty Rhodes' WWF run, The Mega Powers feud, The Lex Express). Conrad and Bruce walk through things chronologically and it's a great listen. Conrad also challenges Bruce quite a bit on things the Internet might say or when he feels things are being presented as B.S..

Anyway, I'm getting ready to listen to the podcast on The Ultimate Warrior.

If I had to draw a comparison it would be to the podcasts the PTBN guys did with Kevin Kelly about what happened backstage during his WWF tenure.

So far the episodes have been:

Dusty Rhodes in WWF

The Mega Powers feud

The Lex Express

The Ultimate Warrior

BTW the first 20 minutes or so are Bruce and Conrad talking about the current product so I usually skip to the first commercial and then the topic starts.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Conrad is tremendous in his role. He provides a stark contrast to Prichard at times, although it's always in good fun. They have solid chemistry together, and just about every question you'd want to get asked *does* get tossed out there - even if Bruce opts to tiptoe around certain subjects. I'm cool with that. This is free content, and I find that he does a decent job of providing answers most of the time.

The Warrior episode didn't do much for me or offer much of anything new, but the first three episodes were great. I like the concept, and it's definitely gonna stay on my radar.

I've already listened to all 4 of them, it's a really good podcast and covers everything without getting overly long.

Exactly. Time length is starting to be a pet peeve of mine with podcasts but if they are great, they go with a breeze like these do.

The Dusty story about them being stopped by a New Jersey Trooper was tremendous.

40 mins into dusty ep and great so far.

I was apprehensive when they kicked off talking modern product but Bruce quickly won me round burying smart darlings and demonstrating that "the Internet" knows nothing.

This is really Conrad unleashed too, he challenges Bruce in a way that he'd never challenge Ric.

My fave new wrestling show in a while so far.

They quickly burn through the modern product talk on each episode. Doesn't take up much time at all, and Bruce is pretty cut & dry on what he does or doesn't like.

Each episode has been solid so far - with only four in the bank, of course - but I really enjoyed the hell out of the Luger episode. The idea of the Undertaker's own version of the Lex Express is something I definitely wanted more details about. I'd love to know what year that went down, what program or event it was promoting, etc.

Yep, this is the best thing going today.

Conrad is great at moving the conversation along and hitting all the bullet points. Another plus for Bruce is his impressions are so dead on that they really animate the stories. Looking forward to more of these.

On a related note, there's been a lot of wrestling content added to Amazon Video lately, a lot of it involving Bruce.

Bruce quickly won me round burying smart darlings

What, with that terrible "El Generico.....was generic" failure of a joke that basically showed he'd never seen him in the Indy's? Oh, and Sami Zayn isn't a "smart darling", you out of touch dumb dumb. He USED to be.Now, he's "just" an over babyface character in the big time. You need to brush up on who the smark darlings actually are now. 😄

• GSR changed the title to Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard