Photo

Something To Love (Bruce Prichard's podcast)

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2604 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

His Paul Heyman is passable, but I'll reiterate that if I never hear his Cornette again it'll be too soon. He does an immaculate Dusty, and an okay Piper, an okay Savage. One that was a bit out of the blue recently was Triple H, but I'd have to hear more to judge. One that's sort of bad but was so funny that it gets a pass was the time he did a commercial as Demolition Smash, during the WrestleMania VI show. 

#262 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

I must admit, although his Corny doesn't really sound like Corny, it totally cracks me up at this point when he goes into the "double cheese" tirade. 

#263 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

The Fellini discussion on this week's episode was the most inside-the-wrestling-bubble thing I have ever experienced.

Holy shit, you don't say. Listening to this, I was all "They've got to be fucking kidding, right ?". Then I remembered reading this out of nowere quote here. Yeah. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me. Fucking Freddie Fellini, what can that be possibly referencing to ? Fuck.

#264 Sidebottom

Sidebottom
  • Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Starting to enjoy What Happened When as much as this now. The absolute nonsense with the Barbarian impression had me rolling :lol:

#265 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Listening to some older episodes. So, the WWF actually shoot and edited Hogan's matches so people would see his bald spot the less possible. Holy shit.

The Sunny episode was quite the listen too. And really, it made you actually, and I never though I'd say that, understand and empathize with Sable more. The conclusion by Bruce "I don't think she's a good person" was like the sad, tragic end of this whole crazy narrative of Tammy Sytch's journey.

So, took me a little while (mostly because of preconcieved notions), but I became a fan. This is the ultimate peak into the WWE logic.

#266 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

Starting to enjoy What Happened When as much as this now. The absolute nonsense with the Barbarian impression had me rolling :lol:

Not to mention Tony making sense of Wrath's gimmick by going all GoT, with a Cersei reference. Tony's awesome.

#267 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

How cool is that ? 

#268 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

Amazing.

#269 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

The crankiness seems like schtick now too. Conrad and Bruce know what their listeners expect and play to it. Anytime Conrad snaps at Bruce or vice versa, it's basically a high spot for them.

You are right about that.

I don't do this all that often, but I am admitting publicly that I was wrong about his podcast and I am officially reversing my position.  Much to my surprise, I have to say that I have become a fan of this show, despite declaring earlier in this thread that I was giving up on it.

I get terrible insomnia, and over the course of a couple of weeks, I have been amusing myself in the wee small hours by listening to the archives of this show.  I found that after a while, I began to really enjoy the show.

It boils down to a combination of two things...firstly I enjoy the topics, and secondly I have discovered that after a (admittedly prolonged) settling in period, I am enjoying the dynamic between Bruce and Conrad.

Conrad still annoys me by asking questions about money all the time, when it couldn't be clearer that Bruce just won't discuss that.  I still think about half of Bruce's imitations aren't anywhere near as good as he obviously thinks they are.  And it still bugs me that Bruce tends to toe the WWF line all these years later.  But even still, there is a lot more good than bad there, when you look for it.  This show definitely requires a while to get used to and is an acquired taste, to be sure.

The Macho Man episode was an interesting listen.  I freely admit that I laughed more than a bit, at Bruce's story of ribbing Macho by moving his stuff around while he was in the shower.  His imitation of Macho's reaction to people touching his towel had me laughing my ass off.  I was also almost moved by his recounting of the discussion that Savage and Prichard had, where Savage used a line from the movie "Mr. Saturday Night" to describe Prichard.  Bruce claims he has never forgotten it, and quoted it to his kids.  "Yeah...but you could have been nicer."

I am slowly starting to see that with age, Prichard has been able to look back at his career in the WWF and admit that he was an asshole to a lot of people.  I think in a lot of ways he probably still is an asshole, as evidenced by the way he acts on the show.  But the way he reacted to being given that feedback from Savage, and a bunch of other things he has said sprinkled throughout the episodes in the archive, makes me believe there might just be a pretty decent guy in there somewhere.  I think he is clearly the kind of guy who isn't going to apologize for anything he has said or done in his life or career, but I am always a fan of somebody who shows that level of introspection and self awareness.

#270 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Did anybody listen to the Jeff Jarrett episode?  It was a very interesting listen, and he pretty much totally debunked the long standing theory that Jarrett's departure in 99 was due to Jim Ross dropping the ball.  Prichard claims that JR was well aware that Jarrett's contract was up, and but had a verbal agreement to re-sign, so Vince okayed Jarrett still having the I/C title and being all over television.  Jeff was represented by his father Jerry, who Prichard claims straight up lied to JR and the WWF about Jeff staying there.

#271 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8721 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Did anybody listen to the Jeff Jarrett episode?

I can't wait. For obvious reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users