Photo

Something To Love (Bruce Prichard's podcast)

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#301 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Conrad is warning people away from the Edge show over at the BOARD.  Nothing new to learn + way long. 

I should have listened. Tepid doesn't even begin to describe it.

It wasn't all that great, no.  I wasn't too upset, because I went into that particular episode with very low expectations.  As I mentioned earlier, I didn't find Edge's career all that interesting, so I wasn't expecting a 5 hour podcast discussing him to be very intriguing either.  The one thing I did find interesting is that Bruce didn't seem to have a problem disclosing the fact that Triple H and Shawn Micheals didn't see Edge as a Main Event guy and buried him behind the scenes to Vince.  It's so rare that Bruce is willing to admit that Triple H buried anybody or held them back in any way.  I also enjoyed Bruce's re-telling of Vince's response to Shawn Micheals claiming Edge wasn't over. ("Okay, so go get him over!")

This week's episode regarding Goldust was a bit more interesting.  The main thing I found interesting was how much Dave Meltzer didn't like Goldust, or even the work of Dustin Rhodes.  I had no idea Meltzer buried Rhodes that much in the Observer, it was funny to hear even Conrad asking what the hell Dave's problem was.  Usually Meltzer bashing is the exclusive job of Bruce, but Conrad got in on it this week...with good reason.

#302 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9009 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

This week's episode regarding Goldust was a bit more interesting.  The main thing I found interesting was how much Dave Meltzer didn't like Goldust, or even the work of Dustin Rhodes.  I had no idea Meltzer buried Rhodes that much in the Observer, it was funny to hear even Conrad asking what the hell Dave's problem was.  Usually Meltzer bashing is the exclusive job of Bruce, but Conrad got in on it this week...with good reason.

Yeah, Meltz was brutal with Dustin, to the point he really comes off having a terrible bias against him. Really ridiculous.

The Goldust episode was still too long and result-reading heavy, but there was some interesting stuff there. It's striking when you roll back his entire career how much crazy shit Dustin was a part of, including that godawful TAFKAG stint that I mostly erased from memory (apart from the Mania 14 match), and how much the real life issue played a role into his on/off pushes. I like that Bruce hated the "shoot" interview which killed the character dead and that he shit on most of Russo's nonsensical booking in 98/99.

Quite a fascinating and unique career when you think about it, although it also put a light on the fact that no matter how good Dustin's WCW work was, he had long periods of not really delivering anything that good (especially if you put the late WCW and TNA stint in the middle of it). And when he got back in the best working shape of his life he wasn't given much opportunities to shine.

#303 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9009 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Thank Bruce and Conrad sooooo much for pointing out how fucking stupid it is to clean up the announcers table from the monitors and whatnot before dropping someone on it, because you're supposed to HURT the guy. I hated this shit for the very first time I saw it, it's one of the oldest, most infuriating, idiotic WWEism there is.

#304 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

I decided to watch Unforgiven and No Mercy ‘99 for the hell of it before listening to the pods. Those are some brutal shows.

#305 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10397 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Can we pause for a moment and note that in the ads for the WWE anniversary show, they are advertising Brother Love as if he was equal to basically everyone but Sgt Slaughter. There might even be something to that. What a weird world we've ended up in. 

#306 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9009 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hopefully this doesn't screw the whole podcast stuff... Like, hiring Bruce so he makes a WWEtm podcast on the Network. Please, no. Don't ruin a good thing.

#307 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2641 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Listening to the Rockers episode now. Pencil ribs might be the most ingenious thing I've ever heard of coming out of the wrestling industry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users