Pro Wrestling Only

Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. The 93-97 era is my favorite of all time and I could listen to the behind the scenes stuff from that era for days. I just enjoy the dynamic between Bruce and Conrad because Bruce is so defensive and has a right to be but Conrad doesn't hold back when challenging him. Two very different perspectives that provide great entertainment.

The WM7 episode was the first where I thought Conrad was just being a dick instead of simply challenging Prichard. It seems like Conrad needs to find a way to ask questions in a way that make it clear he's seeking context or insight, not always trying to "challenge" Prichard or pit the "internet" against him.

Bruce is either misremembering or is full of shit about Jesse Ventura pitching the idea of burning the American flag. Jesse left the WWF before SummerSlam 1990, so he wouldn't have been around when the Slaughter angle heated up. It might have been pitched by somebody who was working in commentary at the time, but I doubt it was pitched by Ventura.

Bruce is either misremembering or is full of shit about Jesse Ventura pitching the idea of burning the American flag. Jesse left the WWF before SummerSlam 1990, so he wouldn't have been around when the Slaughter angle heated up. It might have been pitched by somebody who was working in commentary at the time, but I doubt it was pitched by Ventura.

Jesse could have known the direction Slaughter was going in while he was still with the company, and suggested it just before he was gone. This was during a time when they planned things way in advance, so it could have played out that way.

I love ECW and was watching in its original run and still found Bruce's trolling hilarious. He would do it at such random times too. I 7!!!

Agreed, this cracked me up on almost every occasion. The condescension could become overdone and unnecessary, but it was still interesting and the bingo calls were some damn fine comedy.

There's some really great info on the Prime Time ep like that original producer of the show who was there 85-6. If you've ever tried watching PTW from that time frame, it's dire and Bruce gives an excellent explaination as to why. Sort of thing I've never heard before.

Also, burning the flag was made legal in June 90 and Ventura left the company in August, so it's entirely possible that story is true.

It also explained the origins of Sean Mooney, so I know that must have pleased you Jerry.

I liked it a lot, but wasn't bowled over by it entirely. I was interested in how they initially developed Raw as a show done in their studios before going to the Manhattan center. Hopefully this is discussed more in a later episode.

It's looking like the next episode will be about Bruce's time in TNA.

Yeah I liked that he put Mooney over too, about time he got his due.

I also liked the discussion of the transition to the studio as well as the transition to the early Raw and the thinking behind it. The early Raws are actually of real interest to me at the moment.

They seemed to skip over the period it was a panel show though, unless I missed something.

• GSR changed the title to Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard