Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-06-11-CaraLucha] Black Terry vs Barbaro Cavenario

Phil Schneider

Holy hell what a war. Really felt like a lucha version of one of those peak Necro Butcher brawls. Terry is truly amazing, how in god's name can a man of his age work two violent wars like this and the Aero Boy apuestas match back to back? I loved the early matwork which was pretty slick, and Cavernario countering submission holds by biting Terry in the thigh makes perfect sense, that is totally what a Caveman training in ju-jitsu would do. After the matwork they get down to the violence with both guys just slamming their heads into each other Regal and Benoit style. The brawling in this was really frantic, big shots, thrown quickly from off angles. At one point Cavernario throws a forearm which almost knocks Terry off the screen. Ragged nasty stuff. Loved the finish too with ball shots feeling less like a cop out and more like the sensible way to end a battle like this.

This and the Wotan match are a great 1-2 punch. This mixes in more wrestling and submissions but also featured some great out of control brawling and super stiff strikes in between the holds. Terry brings a good overarching story working on the leg/thigh area of Cavernario and I also thought for a predictable non finish type, the ball shot exchange was a fun way to show these guys still were going for it at the conclusion. ****

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2016-06-11-CaraLucha] Black Terry vs Barbaro Cavenario
  • 1 year later...

This is a rare Black Terry match that actually starts with some wrestling! He's not half bad at grappling,  although it's not too long until they start bringing out the stiff headbutts. Cavenario has a good look and hits a beautiful wrist clutch suplex that doesn't look a hair out of place in a brawl like this. I did like the low blow finish. Cavenario hits one first, but the ref is distracted. Terry returns the favour in front of the referee and gets disqualified. It didn't feel cheap and was great way for Cavenario to get heat. This feels like a bit of a let down as I have just seen Terry's phenomenal brawl with Wotan, but this is still very worth your time if you're a Black Terry fan.

★★★¼