Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 9/5-9/11

NintendoLogic

Dana's been handled so weirdly on the main roster. She clearly wasn't ready ring wise, but at least she had the fitness model look. Then they've had her costumed in the 1970s women wrestler granny swimwear 90% of the time negating that too. Its like why did they even bother if they aren't even going to accentuate the one thing she has going for her.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the opening segment backstage with Foley and Stephanie was pretty good. Easily the best thing Foley has done since his return as GM. Foley actually conveyed emotion well, and Stephanie reacted believably. And the fact that it was backstage and not in front of the crowd helped, I think.

And then the show happened...

Owens was awesome with his reaction to the fans and their chants. Rollins was really good against Owens with his "shut up, this isn't even about you" routine.

So we're getting Owens vs. Zayn. Again. After their last PPV match which was supposed to be the last time they faced each other. WTF, really?

Whoo-hoo to Jack Gallagher being featured in the Crusierweights ad. If that means he's coming to RAW, then sign me up.

Bo Dallas gets a squash match? Really? Hasn't his ship kinda sailed already? If they want to rehab that character, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than a squash match or two and a promo.

So Jericho vs. Rollins happened. On the mic, I am really enjoying Jericho since Wrestlemania. In the ring, not so much.

WTF? The Shining Stars beat Enzo and Cass? Really? What kind of insane booking is that? First they get beat by Owens and Jericho at Summerslam, and now this. It's like WWE doesn't want them to be as popular as they are right now. What the hell are these people thinking? Enzo and Cass are crazy hot right now, but if they keep getting booked like this...

Okay seriously...that Anderson & Gallows (who are apparently not the Club anymore?) and New Day segment was fucking painful. I've had more pleasant trips to the dentist. Whoever was responsible for that needs a good slap in the mouth, stat. That was fucking horrible.

Man, this Darren Young/Titus O'Neil angle is awesome, said nobody, ever.

As far as the rest of it all, meh. I have no strong feelings either positive or negative.

But all in all, that was not a good episode of RAW at all.

I've always like The Colons, but this new booking is weird. WWE usually puts the screws to people when those people are about to walk out the door (or have a chance of walking out), so why not have The Colons finish off The Dudleys. I know it was all 'last minute' according to the sheets, etc. but that would have transferred hit to heatless act instead of produce very little heat for an act that is cooling down. Enzo and Cass are money so of course WWE makes sure they lose to The Colons without building The Colons first. If Nia and Braun can get jobbers every week- why not The Colons? Seriously, the tag division is kinda thin on Raw. There are good teams there, but its thin as hell and before the 50/50 booking goes into overdrive and before Raw's first PPV- no one thought, "Hey guys! Let's play up these guys past and have them go out there every week and do what they do best-wrestle! Maybe that will get over so when we have them beat the most over team in the company, there will be some heat and interest in the match!?". But maybe I am off base.

Jericho and Owens were both great and yes, as much as it pains me to say it: New Day has JTTS. Dialing it back a little wouldn't be asking too much as all 4 WWE Raw teams (the ones I can think of) are all doing some type of comedy in their acts at the moment.

To his credit, Bo seems to have slimmed down quite a bit. Ir maybe it's just his neoutfit that's oing him favors.

While being all about invoking emotions in people, I hated the Sasha segment. With the list of injuries and the sometims really emotional retirement segments, this just felt wrong to me. I can't really put it into words, but I really really got a strong negative feeling out of it.

Maybe I am the only on this but I am really tired of Corey Graves playing the younger version of JBL as the stereotypical heel commentator. He seemed so different and refreshing on NXT but it feels like he has regressed since going to RAW

I agree. That has been one of my biggest disappointments since the brand split.

So the Usos turned heel on Smackdown after losing to American Alpha. I'm interested to see how they do as heels but think they need to be repackaged a bit. They should stop taking showers, quit brushing their teeth, leave food in their beards & become the Ewwwsos

Loved the heel turn. It was a quick, strong injury angle with a clear and loud attack on Gable's leg that was sold well. Apparently on Talking Smack it was announced that American Alpha are out of the title match on Sunday with the winner of an Usos/Hype Bros undercard match on Sunday to face Rhyno & Slater. Really like that to further the Alpha/Usos feud. Hopefully its not rushed and they get ample time for the matches.

Maybe I am the only on this but I am really tired of Corey Graves playing the younger version of JBL as the stereotypical heel commentator. He seemed so different and refreshing on NXT but it feels like he has regressed since going to RAW

I agree. That has been one of my biggest disappointments since the brand split.
Graves has been great. The thing is, he's fun with Tom and he goes full heel with Saxton. He was the same way in NXT cause Saxton is terrible with his wimpy "Good guy" commentary.

At some point in this new face run, they're going to have to do something to make Rollins somewhat likable. At the moment, he's a ratty entitled brat, who used to be on top due to being favoured by the bosses, but doesn't cut it without those benefits. He's basically Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places before his redemption, only I don't trust the Raw writers to make him as sympathetic.

SDL is so much more watchable than Raw. I know it has the huge advantage of being over an hour shorter, but it just feels like a better written show. Does anyone know who's doing the booking for each show?

I was thinking the exact same thing after watching SDL last night. I wonder who the respective creative teams are?

The little stuff on SD is why it's so much better. Here Dean gives AJ a participation trophy which might seem odd. However, a month ago when AJ was feuding with Cena he ranted about hating participation trophies. It's a nice little touch like that, which sets SD apart from Raw.

SDL has been a very solid show all around since the draft. I think it's been consistently better than Raw almost every week.

At some point in this new face run, they're going to have to do something to make Rollins somewhat likable. At the moment, he's a ratty entitled brat, who used to be on top due to being favoured by the bosses, but doesn't cut it without those benefits. He's basically Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places before his redemption, only I don't trust the Raw writers to make him as sympathetic.

Agreed. Like we're just supposed to forget he was bragging about taking out Balor, the actual likable face, a week ago. I much prefer Seth as a heel