Pro Wrestling Only

Could a pro wrestling conspiracy theory presentation work?

Loss

I have just learned over the last few days of the conspiracy theories surrounding Hillary Clinton. For those unaware, she either died at the 9/11 memorial or vanished for real that day, depending on your point of view, and has two body doubles now pretending to be her in public. Her campaign rallies have often taken place in fake venues against green screens, sometimes with a laugh track and with phones in the audience that are on her but not even picking her up in the shot. This is because the Rothschild Family and other New World Order globalists plan to stage an assassination against one of the body doubles before the election so that Barack Obama can declare martial law and stay in office to go to war with Russia, who will take the blame for the assassination attempt. If you believe Hillary survived, then the real Hillary, with Bill, will be long gone to South America to live high on the hog by that time, as the reward for their years of service in favor of powerful interests.

It's an insane story and would make an amazing serialized television show -- almost a version of Breaking Bad on hallucinogens. So while it frightens me that there are people who seriously believe this stuff, I do get major entertainment value out of it, and wondered how that same concept could be applied to pro wrestling.

The thought I came up with was of a pro wrestling company that takes old-timers who are past their prime, and they relitigate the details of past feuds and come up with some extremely over the top explanation for things that happened within it. The wrestlers involve could post doctored YouTube videos and tweets walking through their theories to facilitate the grudges. All the players make their case to either accuse others or defend themselves against accusations of wrongdoing, and it leads to a blowoff match where the whole conspiracy is either revealed or we get another wrinkle in the story and it continues to build to something else. I'm sure there are other ways to make it happen. I'm guessing it would also be a big draw for loons.

I think over time you can build up a mythology that has its own versions of Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, Federal Reserve, etc. (I should clarify that I am not at all saying those agencies have no questionable dealings, but just mentioning them because they are often at the center of conspiracy theories.)

To the topic question, yes. We already had plenty of this stuff back before the internet with the different Ultimate Warriors theories and all the rest. And let's face facts, while I love a lot of the IWC, there are plenty of people who are fans and are either a) mouth-breathers or b. kind of wack jobs, who think anything might be a work or are just...different...

But to the idea proposed about a company with storylines based on that? No. That's just bad worked shoots. We've seen tons of those already. This is arguably more creative, but work out some of these in practice I don't know how concept it seems anymore vs. just silly or obviously fake. Besides, the only wrestlers you could make stuff up where enough people would care...all of those people are old as hell now, and there's limited appeal to see them wrestle beyond maybe "one more match." Anytime you start putting a bunch of these stories on TV and stop alluding to stuff of TV, it's not likely to work, and if you put a bunch on TV and try to make it a worked shoot....well the Russo clock will start ticking. It's a catch 22 imo.

I could see a conspiracy theory who was behind keeping Roman Reigns down angle. People around here were the ones who came up with the political hit conspiracy theory. Basically turn that into an angle where Reigns is too talented not to be a top guy, and WWE is too good at promotion for him not to be successful if they wanted him to be successful. Therefor somebody in a position of power never wanted him to be successful, but who?