TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

If I were the Young Bucks I would just start making shirts with the intention of getting a C&D from the WWE and just laugh all the way to the bank.

Except lawyers are expensive. I'm not interested enough to look into the details and merits of WWE's claims, but if there's any good faith basis then it could very well cost quite a few shirts to litigate.

I don't see how WWE has any claim, NC State was doing the Wolfpack gesture years before WCW was, and WWE wasn't even concerned enough to file a trademark on it until 2015 which was after the Young Bucks started using it.

This is pretty much just WWE doing what Vince said he does in the promo with Owens, threatening people who have less money than them with a long drawn out court case. See also them claiming that complying with subpoenas would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in the CM Punk case and the one with Bray's ex wife.

How do you reckon WWE had gone in the year 2000 had Austin not got injured?

I've always wondered if they would have done Rock/Austin at Mania 2000 instead of 2001, whether Foley would have still retired after the Feb PPV and then brought back for Mania. I don't know why but always felt had Survivor Series have happened in 99 that Austin would have won the title. For me I don't think a heel turn would have happened in 2000 but its always likely it could have unless they saved it for the year it happened.

So is Marty Scurll currently the worst wrestler on television? Dude is "change the channel anytime he's on the TV screen" bad. I think I watched like 2 of his matches in ROH recently and hoo boy is he terrible.

Marty scrull is up there as maybe the most try hard 'charismatic' wrestler in the world.

He goes from party Marty a few years ago to the villian. Here he has a plauge mask and an umbrella when he comes to the ring and then he has his stupid flappy arms after every move and the stupid finger breaking spot. And after he has all of that over gimmicking he joins the bullet club so he now gets his own bullet club logo shirts and is throwing up too sweets and hanging round with the young bucks

He is just so over gimmicked and has so much stuff that just screams to me "am I charismatic now?" Look how wacky I am. I am cool now right.

After all that rubbish which makes me hate him then he starts wrestling and he is every modern indie clichie of respek spots, suplex no sells, long reversal exchanges where they never touch each other and superkicks.

So yeah he is terrible.

As for worst on television? In terms of people I get no enjoyment from he is on a level with Kenny omega, will ospreay and Dolph ziggler just the dirt worst.

Scurll's too short to be using the chickenwing. "OK, lean back a little bit so I can get on my tippy toes and TAP YOU OUT!"

I wasn't familiar with him before BOSJ, but watching him work a singles match every day exposed him pretty quick. It was fun at first, especially since the Korakuen crowd knew all about it and played along. But before long he was doing the exact same crap to total indifference.

Scurll's too short to be using the chickenwing. "OK, lean back a little bit so I can get on my tippy toes and TAP YOU OUT!"

I wasn't familiar with him before BOSJ, but watching him work a singles match every day exposed him pretty quick. It was fun at first, especially since the Korakuen crowd knew all about it and played along. But before long he was doing the exact same crap to total indifference.

It wouldn't be such a bad move to use if he didn't apply it so damn loosely. It looks like crap when guys give up to a glorified hold that looks as devastating as a guy on the apron holding your arm back so his partner can take a shot at you.

How do you reckon WWE had gone in the year 2000 had Austin not got injured?

I've always wondered if they would have done Rock/Austin at Mania 2000 instead of 2001, whether Foley would have still retired after the Feb PPV and then brought back for Mania. I don't know why but always felt had Survivor Series have happened in 99 that Austin would have won the title. For me I don't think a heel turn would have happened in 2000 but its always likely it could have unless they saved it for the year it happened.

Mick Foley said he was set to turn heel and feud with Austin. I think as Cactus Jack. Austin could have been champion, but they seemed really set on Triple H.

It wouldn't be such a bad move to use if he didn't apply it so damn loosely. It looks like crap when guys give up to a glorified hold that looks as devastating as a guy on the apron holding your arm back so his partner can take a shot at you.

Bob Backlund used to do it like that a lot too, during his crazy return in the early 90's. In matches with guys like Bret, he would slap it on legit sometimes but like during the non-match in-ring segments & shit with people in street clothes, it was mostly a hand on their face while holding an arm.

All Japan has been getting quite a bit of buzz lately, so I've been giving them a look. Based on what admittedly little I've seen, Shuji Ishikawa looks like the best wrestler in the world. He's like Braun Strowman times ten. And he gets bonus points for using Battery by Metallica as his entrance theme.

He is phenomenal. I'd recommend checking out his big tag & singles matches from BJW and his other stops over the last couple years. A really terrific pro wrestler who shines whether working as a comedic lug in DDT, powerhouse title contender or tag monster.

All Japan has been getting quite a bit of buzz lately, so I've been giving them a look. Based on what admittedly little I've seen, Shuji Ishikawa looks like the best wrestler in the world. He's like Braun Strowman times ten. And he gets bonus points for using Battery by Metallica as his entrance theme.

Where are you to watch All Japan? I used to follow account on dailymotion from non New Japan stuff but it doesnt upload new matches anymore.

So much this. I don't really mind the other stuff people don't like about him, but nothing's worse than a supposed devastating submission hold that looks mildly inconvenient at worst.

Where are you to watch All Japan? I used to follow account on dailymotion from non New Japan stuff but it doesnt upload new matches anymore.

I usually just google whatever specific match I'm looking for and get the results I need, often from Rutube.