Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking, this may has been one hell of a year in wrestling. When was the last time there was a year with this much good stuff in it? 97? 2003? 2004? You've got Okada's title reign which has been great. We've got CMLL friday nights being live streamed. We've got the Wagner vs Psycho Clown Mask Match which was all sorts of bonkers lucha drama. We've got Carolina Wrestling Federation's weekly TV which is awesome. We've got Lucha Underground which is fun for what it is. The NXT Takeover shows have all been a treat. Rush vs Park was fucking amazing. Matt Riddle. Low Ki's resurgence. The Jericho and Omega angle. Everything AJ Styles. Its been such a good year that its hard to be a jaded wrestling fan. Kento Miyahara's run on top. Hideki Suzuki's title run. The WWE UK Tournament.

Well.... 2013 had Cena vs Bryan, Shinsuke vs Saku, the Tanahashi vs Okada series, a great G1, The Rock's return (which I thought was a huge let down), a stacked Wrestlemania card with a good build (even if none of the matches were any good), and the Park vs Dr Wagner Jr series, the beginning of Los Indeseables's run.... 2017 seems more stacked

Why hasen't Hogan ever done a full on shoot interview for either KC, RF or Highspots?

He must be the only Legend left that hasent done one. Im sure they could stoke up the cash for Hulk to agree to do one.

Its just a shame Randy Savage never did one either as I enjoyed the interview IGN did with him shortly after he left WCW.

Why hasen't Hogan ever done a full on shoot interview for either KC, RF or Highspots?

He must be the only Legend left that hasent done one. Im sure they could stoke up the cash for Hulk to agree to do one.

Its just a shame Randy Savage never did one either as I enjoyed the interview IGN did with him shortly after he left WCW.

Because they probably saw 'The Voice vs ...' interview that he did with Michael Schiavello and realized there would be no point to it.

Oddly enough they re-ran an interview he did for a Cleveland radio show this morning that I caught on my ride to work. It was when he was with TNA, post divorce from Linda, and it wasn't too great. It was Hogan being humble and ultra-positive and "spiritual." At one point he said he'd be open to a relationship with Linda for the sake of their children if "she was able to find a good place spiritually" where that'd be possible. I kind of hate attitudes like that because its pretty "judgy" - like saying "I'm open to speaking to that person as long as they reach the level of joy and tranquility and peace that I have achieved." Better just to say to leave it as, "I'm open to it for our kids."

Aside from that, as a human, I hope the Hulkster does find happiness and peace and all that good stuff but dredging up his past seems almost like a surefire way for that not to happen almost? Also, gotta plug the first 3rd of that Netflix doc about his suit against Gawker. Really interesting take on how things played out and makes Hogan sympathetic as a total pawn in moneyed interests attack against a free press.

I also think with the success of the Ric Flair 30 for 30 and the upcoming Andre documentary that he's going to hold out for a higher profile type of project as well.

Ric Flair's shhot was very anticipated that they did it on something like 4 disks but the only off putting thing was constantly chewing Tobacco and spitting in a cup. Probably why I preferred Ric's more recent one.

MLW uploaded their most recent show for free on YouTube:

If anything, just skip to the main event -- Darby Allin and Jimmy Havoc vs. Shane Strickland and John Hennigan in a hardcore match.

Also Matt Riddle vs. Tom Lawlor was the opening match, but I got their late and missed it, so I'm not sure how good it is, but it is intriguing on paper.

They could not afford to pay him.

....and even if they could, why waste that kind of money on something that everyone knows will be 99.9999% bullshit anyway?

Which was the point of my post on Hogan's interview with Michael Schiavello which was exactly this.

The Undertaker is a legendary worker who I can't picture ever doing a shoot.

I am interested to see what Undertaker's HOF induction will be like.

Knowing WWE they will probably keep him in character like the Paul Bearer one where he doesn't speak.

Problem is that doesn't really work when he was ABA during the 2000s.

Looking for two cage matches. Not sure if they're on tape. I know people here would know. I assume the Savage/Steamboat happened a few times.

Ric Flair Vs. Ricky Steamboat - US Title Vs. Steamboat's hair.

Randy Savage Vs. Ricky Steamboat - IC Title post-Wrestlemania III (1987)

Just been watching Summerslam 93 and was curious if Vince really had a plan on Luger winning the belt at the show.

Sure Mania X was Bret's time but they could have played a storyline where Bret remembers the previous years Mania at the conference when he got knocked out.

Would Luger have stayed in 95 if he had been given the belt?