Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1986 : some smart-ass provoques a bunch of wrestlers in strip-joint somewhere by calling their shit "fake"; Rick Rude proceeds to beat the shit out of the guy and they have to fly off before the police shows up.

2017 : some guy writes that a flippy-floppy spot Gif is stupid on Twitter; Young Buck n°2 says he doesn't know shit because he got the biggest pop of the match and then proceeds to block the guy on Twitter.

Ya know, as far as americana goes, pro-wrestling really wouldn't warrant a movie these days… nor even a story told…

To be fair, one would expect a professional wrestler to take criticisms - even more when they are actually valid and not just some dude trolling - in stride, and not throwing a fit.

But alas, 'tis the Young Bucks.

Their whole Twitter presence is basically doing their gimmick and ripping people who criticize them for flips, super kicks, etc. They are working 24/7. Thats old school.

Also, anyone who @s a wrestler to rip them should fuck off.

To be fair, one would expect a professional wrestler to take criticisms - even more when they are actually valid and not just some dude trolling - in stride, and not throwing a fit.

Their whole Twitter presence is basically doing their gimmick and ripping people who criticize them for flips, super kicks, etc. They are working 24/7. Thats old school.

Likewise wrestlers or athletes that seek out mentions of themselves and block those people when they never @ them should get a fucking life.

Likewise wrestlers or athletes that seek out mentions of themselves and block those people when they never @ them should get a fucking life.

Their life is selling t-shirts.

I'm not on twitter, but I get the impression very little good comes from it with wrestling.

Very little good comes from Twitter in general.

I had thought about reactivating just for following wrestling stuff (where guys are booked, new shows announced, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to do it because I remember how terrible it is. Social media in general is just a plague on humanity.

Very little good comes from Twitter in general.

I had thought about reactivating just for following wrestling stuff (where guys are booked, new shows announced, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to do it because I remember how terrible it is. Social media in general is just a plague on humanity.

Aside from the horrible culture and it is horrible and getting worse...

Whoever is on the tech side of Twitter should be shot out of a cannon. I don't know how such a simple platform is such a bloated piece of shit that sucks up bandwidth like it's Happy Hour.

Just been watching Summerslam 93 and was curious if Vince really had a plan on Luger winning the belt at the show.

Sure Mania X was Bret's time but they could have played a storyline where Bret remembers the previous years Mania at the conference when he got knocked out.

Would Luger have stayed in 95 if he had been given the belt?

House shows had a brief resurgence around this time. Because they'd been in the down period for more than a year at this point, Vince felt like they should ride it out and wait until business was cold again to do the title change, which would possibly create another shot in the arm. Luger had been negotiating with WCW for months in '95 and I don't know that it would have mattered. Most big WCW names who jumped -- Luger, Flair, Steiners -- you'll notice ended up wanting to go back. WCW had a more manageable schedule and guaranteed contracts. Luger on a contract with no downside had to be odd, considering that he'd had that since 1987.

It seems that the gif got quite infamous. UFC fighters Daniel Cormier and Chase Sherman also gave it some shit, without @ the Bucks.

Dont even have to @ them to sell some gimmicks for them.

Edit to add (since I should have said earlier in the thread): I thought the spot was really stupid and that the match was pretty weak, along with most of the rest of the show.

I find the Young Bucks overall pretty weak and don't get the love that guys like Meltzer give them. Dave has vastly different tastes than me. But I can't hate on them for getting paid & making a living in pro-wrestling outside of WWE. More power to them. I hope they continue to make a ton of money & get more & more people to take notice of them.

I've always preferred the slower, bruiser style of wrestling though. So I'm not the demographic the Young Bucks are targeting. I'd rather watch a One Man Gang match than a Young Bucks match. That's not a shot against them, just my personal tastes.

I like what The Revival do more than what most others on the Indies are trying to do. On the whole #FTR thing, I'm team Revival.

I enjoy them minus RoH. I think they always put on a good show.

I generally agree with that. I might take it a step further than ROH and say minus Bullet Club, but on the other hand that has been what has made them such huge merch movers so I dont fault them. I miss when they could have a more serious match/feud in PWG (with superkicks and plenty of spots), but those days seem to be gone. I love their hustle, though.

I love The Revival, too.