Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love me some ZSJ. I don't really find his selling off putting to be honest. I think its sort of part of his shtick, especially when he is playing heel. I honestly didn't get to see a TON of Sabre this year, but what I saw stood out. I just finished BOLA and I thought his match with Rock was probably my favorite match of the whole tournament. His match with Walter from PWG ASW was one of my top 5 matches of the year (#4). I also really loved his Evolve title win over Thatcher and the No DQ rematch this year. He was good it SSS16, his first round match with Starr was excellent and the injury angle/match with Sexsmith was one of the most memorable parts of the whole thing.

I am watching ASW this morning and so hyped for Walter vs ZSJ. I’m also giving pretty serious thought to buying the Style Battle gimmick this afternoon to see Walter vs Nick Gage.

Man... i really want to check that Walter vs Gage match out. I honestly can't even picture it in my brain. I am a huge fan of both, but they feel like they belong in different worlds.

I love me some ZSJ. I don't really find his selling off putting to be honest. I think its sort of part of his shtick, especially when he is playing heel. I honestly didn't get to see a TON of Sabre this year, but what I saw stood out. I just finished BOLA and I thought his match with Rock was probably my favorite match of the whole tournament. His match with Walter from PWG ASW was one of my top 5 matches of the year (#4). I also really loved his Evolve title win over Thatcher and the No DQ rematch this year. He was good it SSS16, his first round match with Starr was excellent and the injury angle/match with Sexsmith was one of the most memorable parts of the whole thing.

I am watching ASW this morning and so hyped for Walter vs ZSJ. I’m also giving pretty serious thought to buying the Style Battle gimmick this afternoon to see Walter vs Nick Gage.

Man... i really want to check that Walter vs Gage match out. I honestly can't even picture it in my brain. I am a huge fan of both, but they feel like they belong in different worlds.

I'm really hoping they are both in that Matt Riddle Bloodsport thing in NOLA.

Apparently Young Bucks and Daniel Cormier were at it again (more like Nick saying a bunch of shit) because some random dude on twitter @'d the Bucks about some remarks the UFC Fighter made on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour.

I get that in their defense "it's their gimmick", but Nick ended up looking quite bad there.

It was pretty fun. They did a double DQ after a bit and then just started doing Nick Gage shit. Hopefully they keep booking him.

I'm really hoping they are both in that Matt Riddle Bloodsport thing in NOLA.

That would be awesome. I don't get into town until Thursday evening, so I have to miss that one, but the show should be great.

The whole thing about people on wrestling twitter being upset about Nick Gage proves beyond down that Nick Gage is great at being a wrestler. Maybe it is just Gage being Gage, but no one attacks the lines between what is real and what is part of the gimmick like he does. I loved his promos and tweets about how Style Battle messed up by booking him because he doesn't care about their promotion and he isn't going to play by their rules. That put such a bee in the bonnet of smarky fans who think they are part of the business but really aren't. For all his physical limitations (which I think are overblown sometimes) he makes up for it by being the most Nick Gage he can be.

The par of the match featuring the first knucks shot and the checking for blood is one of the most dramatic moments in a match in years.

The one problem I had was with the finish no way near enough blood from anyone.

That was great. I liked the shot after Lee destroyed everyone and he's going after Wilkins and you can just see Royal half hanging out of the ropes not moving.