Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had a very vivid memory flashback of Bobby Heenan giving a long and angry speech on WWF TV, and the whole thing being bleeped out as if he was being censored.

Does anyone else remember that? I'm about 90 percent sure it was Heenan and WWF, and I have a strong memory of it because of it having kind of a "Simpsons rake gag" effect on me and the people I was watching it with, where it started out funny, quickly became hilarious, then kind of went on too long... only to keep going and make it full circle back to being funny again.

I can't recall any of the specific details of it, though. I wanna say it was after either Andre or Orndorff turned on Hogan, but... I really can't remember. I'd get a huge kick if anyone here could give me more info on that.

I just had a very vivid memory flashback of Bobby Heenan giving a long and angry speech on WWF TV, and the whole thing being bleeped out as if he was being censored.

Does anyone else remember that? I'm about 90 percent sure it was Heenan and WWF, and I have a strong memory of it because of it having kind of a "Simpsons rake gag" effect on me and the people I was watching it with, where it started out funny, quickly became hilarious, then kind of went on too long... only to keep going and make it full circle back to being funny again.

I can't recall any of the specific details of it, though. I wanna say it was after either Andre or Orndorff turned on Hogan, but... I really can't remember. I'd get a huge kick if anyone here could give me more info on that.

You may be thinking of the in-ring "debate" angle they did with Heenan and Ken Patera right after Patera returned from prison. They bleeped Heenan during it, I think when he made comments about Patera's wife and kids. It ended with one of the more violent bits of WWF TV from the time where Patera took Heenan's belt off and used it to strangle/whiplash him. Heenan wore a neck brace for months to sell it

You may be thinking of the in-ring "debate" angle they did with Heenan and Ken Patera right after Patera returned from prison. They bleeped Heenan during it, I think when he made comments about Patera's wife and kids. It ended with one of the more violent bits of WWF TV from the time where Patera took Heenan's belt off and used it to strangle/whiplash him. Heenan wore a neck brace for months to sell it

Yes! That's it exactly. Thank you!

Yes! That's it exactly. Thank you!

I remember that as well as Ken's follow up promo the next week when he was upset that Bobby had called his wife "things other than Mrs. Patera".

If you are interested in catching MLW Fusion download the go90 on your mobile phone or tablet and in the live channels tab select beIN SPORTS and it will be listed on the program list as MLW Fusion.

This is totally legal and free as go90 works with beIN SPORTS.

Does anyone have any background info on Kader Hassouni?

I just saw him tear it up with Johnny Saint on an old match Brit match from 77. They announce him from Morocco and Kent Walton (I believe is doing commentary) said he had a Greco-Roman Wrestling background.

Does anyone have any background info on Kader Hassouni?

I just saw him tear it up with Johnny Saint on an old match Brit match from 77. They announce him from Morocco and Kent Walton (I believe is doing commentary) said he had a Greco-Roman Wrestling background.

i I think he is/was a French Morrocan guy there is also a few matches of him in france and by his name i think he has decent form the nation they say his from

i I think he is/was a French Morrocan guy there is also a few matches of him in france and by his name i think he has decent form the nation they say his from

Thanks!

He looked great against Johnny Saint. He was able to keep up with Saint and even out grapple Saint in some exchanges and he was able to push the pace which offered some amazing sequences between them. Great stuff.