Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

Dominion is easily one of the best pro wrestling shows I have ever seen. We got a spunky underdog vs big tough champions Tag Title match with an actual story based on long-term body-part selling; A highspot intensive Junior Title Match with some actual character work and drama; A violent and intense IC title match with hardway blood; and an absolute f'n masterpiece of a Main Event that told exactly the right story and had me hooked for 70 straight minutes. I'm blown away.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It consistently amazes me that New Japan will start to lose me with their direction and then pull me back in with a show like this. Omega and Jericho as champions open so many doors for potential going forward. I'm really hoping we get Omega/Naito for Wrestle Kingdom.

I think that I have just been upgraded from "guy who pays a bit of attention to current New Japan" to "Rabid New Japan Fan Boy" by that show. I'm all hyped up for the G-1 now. I don't know if I have ever been hyped up for the G-1 before. I haven't been to a live G-1 since maybe 2009. I might have to go this year. I am all excited about the Cow Palace show...

I believe Graves is pissed off that Punk isn't his friend anymore because Graves is just trying to pay his bills. He also did the same thing to Colt for going backstage at a Raw to visit some people.

Did Colt ever confirm that? I hear it all the time when people comment about Punk but I never heard Punk or Colt come out and say they had problems because of Colt. I don't listen to AOW anymore so maybe he mentioned it there but I've not seen him ever comment about the whole thing.

My top six in the GWE ballot (submitted in 2016, so it's just a little over two years ago now) was as follows:

1. Hansen

2. Misawa

3. Kobashi

4. Kawada

5. Flair

6. Terry Funk

If I were to do it again today, it would be:

1. Terry Funk

2. Stan Hansen

3. Ric Flair

4. Kenta Kobashi

5. Toshiaki Kawada

6. Mitsuharu Misawa

Has anyone else had the TOP of their list change that much in two years? Or replaced any of the names?

I certainly miss the Terry Funk & Harley Race style men in the climate of today's social media pro-wrestling.

That's one of the reasons I'm enjoying MLW so much right now.

Kenny Omega has never had a match as good as the RVD/Sabu Stretcher. Is that match 7.5*? Do we grade on a curve now after the post-Benoit dirth of truly great matches?

So Punk Rawk Corey Graves is having a hard time on Twitter with the fact his hero CM Punk no longer wants to associate with the company he hates with a passion and believes almost killed him with neglect.

You are intentionally misrepresenting what was written. He is angered that his long time friend abandoned him because he needs to make a living.

Maybe you would not be bothered if a friend abandoned you. But most humans would be hurt.

Yea man what a fucking corporate sell out Corey Graves is for being mad that CM Punk, who was such a close friend that he held Corey's first born son before Corey could even do it himself, stopped associating with him because he didn't quit WWE! Obviously the correct solution was for him to leave WWE when CM Punk did.

Did Punk expect all his friends to leave WWE? I never heard anything about that. I'm just talking about his need to go on Twitter and subtweet like a 13 year old moments after the guy lost a fight. Maybe I'm just an old fart for thinking that not all of one's dirty laundry needs to be aired on social media but it wasn't a good look in my book.

It's okay for there not to be any babyfaces in this little pissing contest. Looks like a heel vs. heel program to me.

If Corey does want to call out Punk for whatever reason that's his business, but I have no idea what taking a shot at "oversensitive" fans who might have committed the horrible crime of liking Kenny Omega was supposed to accomplish.

Did Punk expect all his friends to leave WWE? I never heard anything about that. I'm just talking about his need to go on Twitter and subtweet like a 13 year old moments after the guy lost a fight. Maybe I'm just an old fart for thinking that not all of one's dirty laundry needs to be aired on social media but it wasn't a good look in my book.

Why should Punk not be called on his shit publicly? You never really acknowledged how you misrepresented what he said.

And a long time friend not wanting to associate with someone because of where they work is not understandable.

Has Jim Cornette ever offered any type of explanation for why he wasn't around during the Bash tour in the summer of 1987? I know what the rumor has always been (which I won't get into), but just wondered if Cornette has either officially said why he was off the road?

First WWF table break bump - Bret at SSeries95?

Not sure if it's the first, but Harley Race vs Hogan in 1988 predates.

tumblr_inline_ni0kzgiJUl1r5344l.gif

In 1985, Terry Funk took bumps on the ringside table around the loop during his feud with Junkyard Dog.

Has Jim Cornette ever offered any type of explanation for why he wasn't around during the Bash tour in the summer of 1987? I know what the rumor has always been (which I won't get into), but just wondered if Cornette has either officially said why he was off the road?

What was the rumor? I don't recall hearing any speculation.