Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He seemed to have blown out his knee again shortly before the beginning of the tour so he needed to have it scoped again.

EDIT: YouTube link isn't working just search,

Jim Cornette Looks At The 1987 Great American Bash Tour

First WWF table break bump - Bret at SSeries95?

Not sure if it's the first, but Harley Race vs Hogan in 1988 predates.

tumblr_inline_ni0kzgiJUl1r5344l.gif

In 1985, Terry Funk took bumps on the ringside table around the loop during his feud with Junkyard Dog.

Hogan slammed Quake thru a table at Summerslam 90.

I mentioned this in the other thread, too, but Cabana never went backstage at WWE shows after the lawsuit was filed. He just grabbed dinner with friends who worked there. He may have even given his side on the podcast at some point.

Whether or not Punk actually gave people ultimatums is not clear. That was one of the versions going around about Graves long before he tweeted anything, but he framed it in the Fightful interview as just Punk ghosting him. And I don't really see a reason to lie about that specific topic since the idea of a "quit WWE or we're not friends anymore" ultimatum makes Punk look worse.

Regardless, that Punk ghosted a ton of people when he left WWE and froze out even more in various ways after to the lawsuit was filed is not in dispute.

"Jim Cornette had a banana emergency and couldn't be there" is a line I remember from a Scott Keith review, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't being literal, just referencing an urban myth about Cornette (one that even DX referenced on Raw once).

Well my mistake then haha I was not in the loop with this one.

Did Punk expect all his friends to leave WWE? I never heard anything about that. I'm just talking about his need to go on Twitter and subtweet like a 13 year old moments after the guy lost a fight. Maybe I'm just an old fart for thinking that not all of one's dirty laundry needs to be aired on social media but it wasn't a good look in my book.

Why should Punk not be called on his shit publicly? You never really acknowledged how you misrepresented what he said.

And a long time friend not wanting to associate with someone because of where they work is not understandable.

I don't feel I misrepresented anything he said, dude clearly feels hurt by Punk not wanting to associate with anyone in WWE (or wrestling at all it seems, he said the only person he's talked to involved in All In was Matt Jackson). My point was there's a time and place for everything, and deciding to bring it up all on Twitter when 99% of people reading it don't know the particulars is kind of a bullshit move even if you're in the right. I will give him credit for actually talking to Sean Ross Sapp when he reached out for details in light of how things went down after his and Booker's "angle". Funny thing though, WWE is so notoriously anti press that they don't set up and control this whole ordeal probably got heat on Graves.

Has anyone else had the TOP of their list change that much in two years? Or replaced any of the names?

Let's see!

In 2016:

1. Terry Funk

2. Stan Hansen

3. Negro Casas

4. Jerry Lawler

5. Bret Hart

6. Toshiaki Kawada

7. Rey Mysterio Jr.

8. Mitsuharu Misawa

9. Buddy Rose

10. Ric Flair

Now:

1. Negro Casas

2. Terry Funk

3. Stan Hansen

4. Rey Mysterio Jr.

5. Daniel Bryan

6. Bret Hart

7. Jerry Lawler

8. Buddy Rose

9. Toshiaki Kawada

10. John Cena

The ring, the rust, the announcing, the crowd, the neck.

If they had held off for a week or two they could had better response at the Georgia Dome.

I dont think they wanted a good response. They probably got exactly what they wanted at the time.

Was their any truth about the rumours about Schavoine coming in around this time? I read something about they were in talks but because he kept constantly calling in asking they changed their mind.

First WWF table break bump - Bret at SSeries95?

Not sure if it's the first, but Harley Race vs Hogan in 1988 predates.

tumblr_inline_ni0kzgiJUl1r5344l.gif

In 1985, Terry Funk took bumps on the ringside table around the loop during his feud with Junkyard Dog.

Hogan slammed Quake thru a table at Summerslam 90.

Does summerslam count though as Quake missed the table and didnt go through it.

Those in the UK might have caught it on Monday, but there was an excellent 30 min documentary on Viper (who competed as Piper Niven in the MYC last year) that was really excellent. It was shown on BBC 1 which is a channel available to every household and I hope it got a good audience. Following the two Insane Fight Club docs that BBC also showed previously, ICW has been able to get some good publicity, but this was about Viper's personal story rather than any companies and I thought she came across fabulously.

I've been a big fan of hers for a couple of years now - she's usually one of the highlights on an ICW show - and I thought she was in the top 3 or 4 performers in the MYC last year. It tells her story over the last few months, competing in Scotland and then also follows her on a tour of Stardom in Japan. Given her size, I know that there's a temptation to present her in matches as a bully heel but watching a show like this, she is just so damn likable that you can't help but root for her. She seems a lovely person, and came across really well. I hope she might be in the next MYC again, but given I think she's signed up to the new ITV World of Sport project I'm not sure if that will be possible.

Anyway, for those in the UK you can watch it on the iPlayer here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b6q36l/fight-like-a-girl

For those elsewhere in the world I'm sure there are ways you can find it! While talking about Viper, just to show how much you can get behind her, this was a promo that I think is bloody brilliant for the raw emotion she's able to convey and that needs wider viewing

Those in the UK might have caught it on Monday, but there was an excellent 30 min documentary on Viper (who competed as Piper Niven in the MYC last year) that was really excellent. It was shown on BBC 1 which is a channel available to every household and I hope it got a good audience. Following the two Insane Fight Club docs that BBC also showed previously, ICW has been able to get some good publicity, but this was about Viper's personal story rather than any companies and I thought she came across fabulously.

I've been a big fan of hers for a couple of years now - she's usually one of the highlights on an ICW show - and I thought she was in the top 3 or 4 performers in the MYC last year. It tells her story over the last few months, competing in Scotland and then also follows her on a tour of Stardom in Japan. Given her size, I know that there's a temptation to present her in matches as a bully heel but watching a show like this, she is just so damn likable that you can't help but root for her. She seems a lovely person, and came across really well. I hope she might be in the next MYC again, but given I think she's signed up to the new ITV World of Sport project I'm not sure if that will be possible.

Anyway, for those in the UK you can watch it on the iPlayer here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b6q36l/fight-like-a-girl

For those elsewhere in the world I'm sure there are ways you can find it! While talking about Viper, just to show how much you can get behind her, this was a promo that I think is bloody brilliant for the raw emotion she's able to convey and that needs wider viewing

awesome... i want to check this out.

Not sure if Wendy's should be a positive example when we talk about non-cringeworthy social media engagement.

I mean, corporate profiles behaving like real people and cracking jokes (Wendy's and IHOB's debate about burgers comes to mind) is somewhat disturbing. Netflix does the same, and the Brazilian branch has this ultra-woke approach to twitter that sometimes is ultra embarassing.

Random Question: what is the best "wrestling themed" episode of a TV show?

The Its Always Sunny episode with Piper pops into my head right off the bat. Obviously Vader on Boy meets world is classic.

I saw that Always Sunny episode three or four times before I realized that the guy Da Maniac is wrestling at the beginning is Don Frye.

Random Question: what is the best "wrestling themed" episode of a TV show?

The Its Always Sunny episode with Piper pops into my head right off the bat. Obviously Vader on Boy meets world is classic.

For me that is easy, it's Steven Universe's multiple episode when Steven wrestles as Tiger Millionaire.

The scene where it's a hot day and he buys all the drinks from the concession stand and then spills them to be a heel is fucking awesome.