Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-08-14-JWP] Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hanako Nakamori & Kyoko Kimura

donsem43

Match Link

Best Friends keep their great run going by having another high quality main event. The added bonus here is that Best Friends are teasing a break up angle and they do a terrific job of working that into their matches. While she's far from Akira Hokuto, Nakajima is the best women in the world at storytelling in the ring. Nakamori is quite good here, similar to Takako Inoue in tags from '93-'95. I generally hate watching Kyoko Kimura but she kept her annoying tendencies to a minimum and worked more as a straight up hard hitter. Just a great, under the radar, MOTYC. ****1/2

• 2 weeks later...

Really good match that ran the gambit of brawling, tag control work, executing submissions, bomb throwing near falls, and a well done strike exchange to end it off. I can't recall if I have see Kyoko Kimura before but I did enjoy her here and thought she had a lot of presence. It really felt like her and Nakamori had to overcome the odds and the win was well deserved. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2016-08-14-JWP] Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hanako Nakamori & Kyoko Kimura