Pro Wrestling Only

Paige and all that

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope she rebounds from whatever problems she has now. She showed good performances in the pre-Revolution era, but has never had a standout match in the new world of raised standards. The women's division has had really inconsistent attendance this year, from Nicki being out, Sasha's on-again-off-again schedule, the injury and drugs with Paige, and now Becky Lynch's mysterious medical issue.

Paige and her family are being completely ridiculous on social media right now. If everything is on the up-and-up then just flat out say "Hey it was X" vs. all the mysterious and cryptic early morning Tweets. Its ridiculous. Eve Marie did the same thing with her husband 'set to release a statement', telling people to 'wait for the truth', and quoting Martin Luther King Jr. You mention the words 'pro wrestling' to people and the average everyday Joe thinks everyone in pro wrestling is on something. From what I have seen online over-the-years, people aren't really shocked by news like this--its the theatrics that gets the eye rolls. Public Twitter conversations between family members, press conferences being called, rumors of lawyer involvement, and mysterious doctor notes. Its a circus!

This story's even made the rounds on Hollywood gossip blogs basically saying Paige ran afoul of a dealer and when they came to collect Alberto got caught in the crossfire.
That actually seems to fit with Alberto's evolving version of the story and photos showing Paige's arms covered in bruises after the incident.

So, if I'm misunderstanding, someone please correct me: Am I reading this right, in that it is being insinuated that the Alberto Del Rio stabbing which made him miss the recent wrestling show, was due to a drug deal gone wrong? Because the picture of the slashes on his arm was pretty damn brutal.
If so, this is ridiculously beyond a WWE Wellness Suspension.

It was mentioned in the ADR thread and worth mentioning here-- why keep Paige around? Before all the controversy she wasn't really turning in amazing performances and has been on auto-pilot for a long time. She receives lukewarm responses at best and currently Naomi's entrance is more over than Paige. Its really hard to justify her spot on the roster at this point so I am not sure why WWE is keeping her around.

With that, I must ask the good people of PWO: should Paige get the boot?

What I actually find most interesting of all is that WWE actually bothered to out a performer's excuse, when everybody that failed has had one that is probably contentious to some degree, and willingly admitted her illegal, in-company drug use just to prove a point. Think about how pissed they had to be that she put the blame on the company to willingly expose that.

This story's even made the rounds on Hollywood gossip blogs basically saying Paige ran afoul of a dealer and when they came to collect Alberto got caught in the crossfire.
That actually seems to fit with Alberto's evolving version of the story and photos showing Paige's arms covered in bruises after the incident.

So, if I'm misunderstanding, someone please correct me: Am I reading this right, in that it is being insinuated that the Alberto Del Rio stabbing which made him miss the recent wrestling show, was due to a drug deal gone wrong? Because the picture of the slashes on his arm was pretty damn brutal.
If so, this is ridiculously beyond a WWE Wellness Suspension.

The way it's being suggested is that Paige was behind on payments to her dealer, he tracked her down to collect, and Alberto was defending his girl. It would explain why there doesn't seem to be a police report about the issue as far as anyone can find.

It was mentioned in the ADR thread and worth mentioning here-- why keep Paige around? Before all the controversy she wasn't really turning in amazing performances and has been on auto-pilot for a long time. She receives lukewarm responses at best and currently Naomi's entrance is more over than Paige. Its really hard to justify her spot on the roster at this point so I am not sure why WWE is keeping her around.

With that, I must ask the good people of PWO: should Paige get the boot?

To be fair, her lukewarm reaction could be because she changes from face to heel seemingly by the week.

Paige is a sweet girl and true to herself from the start from what I know and she knows the ins and outs since her mom is in the biz.

Anyway I've never been a big gossip blog person but if these drug rumors are true then everybody needs to chill out. Because when I was her age I was partying a hell lot harder than her and most girls I know were too. I think she just wants to be young and sick of the rush to grow up. Probably the reason she did not want to get married. From my experiences with ppl, I think that women with major trauma are more comforted with drugs and have a tougher time staying clean. If thats the case I doubt she is ready for drug tests every week. I'm not an expert and most of my info on her is from her mouth on Total Divas when she talked about her past.

Paige is a sweet girl and true to herself from the start from what I know and she knows the ins and outs since her mom is in the biz.

Anyway I've never been a big gossip blog person but if these drug rumors are true then everybody needs to chill out. Because when I was her age I was partying a hell lot harder than her and most girls I know were too. I think she just wants to be young and sick of the rush to grow up. Probably the reason she did not want to get married. From my experiences with ppl, I think that women with major trauma are more comforted with drugs and have a tougher time staying clean. If thats the case I doubt she is ready for drug tests every week. I'm not an expert and most of my info on her is from her mouth on Total Divas when she talked about her past.

Which is the problem, and the line that contradicts, or rather exposes your argument of "chill out" as not only simplistic and lame, but stupid and backwards. I hate drug culture. I'm aware of the pockets of people who do them which can be wide ranging and I never wanted a part of it. Being "young" does not mean snorting lines of coke by a toilet and getting a dry vagina. When you have the world at your feet, or even if you are just trying to find your footing, it's a stupid decision in my opinion.

Which is the problem, and the line that contradicts, or rather exposes your argument of "chill out" as not only simplistic and lame, but stupid and backwards. I hate drug culture. I'm aware of the pockets of people who do them which can be wide ranging and I never wanted a part of it. Being "young" does not mean snorting lines of coke by a toilet and getting a dry vagina. When you have the world at your feet, or even if you are just trying to find your footing, it's a stupid decision in my opinion.

Drinking Alcohol is just as stupid as drugs but ppl get caught up into it. I hate alcohol but I don't judge everyone who drinks daily after work or whenever. The young generation has no real culture. They just follow their idols whether its Miley, Taylor, or Paige.

My point was that women who have trauma are higher risk to abuse chemicals.