Paige and all that

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

Paige is still young and has the potential to change. If she is on the road with WWE, that is probably good for her and Del Rio. 

She is talented in the ring and has charisma. She could be an asset to a stale division. 

Now if she carries her toxic relationship to work then get rid of her. But I don't think employers should stick their noses into independent contractors lives. 

#242 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

But I don't think employers should stick their noses into independent contractors lives.

I agree and love the fact you used "independent contractors" here. Yes, and yes.

#243 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

I mean, it does sound cold as hell but it's not WWE's job to save Paige. Plus who's to say they haven't tried to reach out and she blew them off?

So that's what Maddox and Woods were both doing in that hotel room then.

What does her having consensual sex before she was even with Del Rio have to do with anything?

It's a play on Sek69's words. That people in the company (Maddox/Woods) tried to help her and she returned the favor by blowing them off (orally).

#244 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

A joke is always funnier when you explain it.

#245 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

I think it's just an Ill advised attempt at humour

#246 Sidebottom

Sidebottom
  • Members
  • 1119 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

What was Paige up to before she went on this massive hiatus? Honestly drawing a blank. 

#247 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

She was kind of feuding with Charlotte, I think, but IIRC Sasha Banks was already pencilled in to have the extended feud over the title - and as the women's division was still only really presenting one feud at a time, I think she would've just been kind of floating around the periphery. Maybe a heel turn and rivalry with Becky Lynch would've been in the cards? I'm not really sure, but I definitely don't remember her being spotlighted at the time over the relative newcomers from NXT.

#248 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

She was already a heel. She did that promo insulting Reid Flair. 

#249 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

She was already a heel. She did that promo insulting Reid Flair. 

That bizarrely led to a double turn at the end of 2015 with Paige re-turning face.

Before she left as mentioned she was sorta back feuding with Charlotte. She beat her on Raw twice then lost the title match. Her last match was teaming with Sasha against Charlotte & Dana in June 2016

#250 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

GFW announced on Monday that they have stripped Unified World Heavyweight Champion Alberto El Patron of the title due to the recent domestic incident with Paige at an Orlando airport.

Patron took to social media and issued the following statement on being stripped of the title:

My company Impact and I have come to an agreement that it's best for both parties if I be stripped from the championships. I came up with the suggestion just to show that Impact doesn't have favorites and everyone gets treated the same. Apologies to fans and my brothers and sisters in the company, even though I came out all clear and there was no wrong doing, it was still a scandal. So thanks for your support and let's move forward more positively. One day I hope to be your champ again! #SiSiS

Impact doesn't have favourites?

If they didnt have Favourites Patron wouldnt have been given the title as soon as he came in.

#251 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Such a gentleman, that Alberto. Selflessly removing himself as champ even though he makes sure to point out he did nothing wrong. 

#252 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

I mean he was cleared by the authorities, 

#253 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9186 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

I mean he was cleared by the authorities, 

So was Ezekiel Elliott.

#254 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

So exactly what standard will clear him? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users