Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-09-28-SEAdLINNNG] Nanae Takahashi vs Rina Yamashita

donsem43

This is one of the matches that SEAdLINNNG has been teasing for awhile with the inexperienced Yamashita challenging the veteran Takahashi. This match was really physical like a lot of men's big heavyweight matches in Japan but the big difference is that they put over everything with selling. Yamashita showed great fire and kept fighting through to the end. Nanae continued her fantastic run this year with another terrific performance. A bit of a sleeper match that people should really checkout. ****1/4

• 4 weeks later...

I really like SEAdLINNING presentation of everything with the videos and build to the match. I thought this match was great. Yamashita holds her own in the beginning mat work and then begins waylaying on Nanae. This was great storytelling of the more inexperienced worker really seizing her moment and taking it to the veteran. It really felt like a triumphant comeback when Nanae wins and really elevated Rina in my and the fans eyes overall. Haven't watched a ton of joshi this year but this is right there with Kong vs. Satomura as my favorite so far. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2016-09-28-SEAdLINNNG] Nanae Takahashi vs Rina Yamashita