Photo

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Kurt Angle (WWE 01/23/03)

Rey Mysterio Jr. Kurt Angle 2003 WWE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:05 PM

It's funny Angle and Benoit had that highly praised match a few days before on PPV and Rey gets a much better match out of Angle in <10 minutes on free TV. Same thing happened in July 2011 where Cena had that incredibly pimped match vs. Punk and then Rey comes along the next week on Raw and has a match with Cena that, IMO, blows the PPV match away.

Anyways this is great great cat and mouse stuff. Rey was probably Angle's best opponent. Also Rey takes an absolutely disgusting headdrop bump that would have made the All Japan dudes cringe. ****

#2 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

What a fantastic sprint. These two can just go at it for 6-10 minutes and produce some absolute masterpieces. As with all their stuff, this is worked at a blistering pace. Angle gets to show off a bit more dominance here than in the SummerSlam match and I thought he actually looked better on offense here than in the other match. Mysterio's comebacks are legendary. Flashy, exciting, gets the crowd rollicking. But my god, that finish. Brutal. As of now, I enjoy the SummerSlam match a bit more but this is easily in the same ballpark.

****1/4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users