Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-07-30-Sendai Girls] Meiko Satomura vs Yoshiko

donsem43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOLTkNu5LJ8

This is a match that had be building for a few years since Satomura first showed up in Stardom back in 2012. The opening is great as Satomura is in full beast mode at the start. This makes Yoshiko have to muscle her way back into the match. The middle portion is a nice war with the two exchanging hard shots. Finish is nice as Meiko switches off from DVDs to a sleeper depending on what opening Yoshiko gives her. A really well worked match. ****

Strong match with the hate really coming off the screen even though I was unaware of the back story. I liked how the beginning Satomura was using controlling submissions to try to gain control and then by the end, she is aware she is in a war so she uses more strict/rough submissions like the choke to gain the victory. A really good watch and the match didn't overstay its welcome. ***3/4

• 1 month later...

This was fun, a very dominating performance from Satomura with a simple structure and longer control segments, just the way I like it. Satomura took the early portion of the match, working simple holds, not the best she's ever done it but it served a purpose in the layout. Then they did some back and forth, Yoshiko's offence is appropriate for her look, rough strikes, lariats and a great senton. The match goes into another gear when Satomura starts brutally kicking Yoshiko, just dismantling her. Yoshiko gets one comeback in before Satomura goes back on offence, I absolutely loved how she no sold Yoshiko's stupid Codebreaker and just kicked her in the head straight away and then finished her off when she tried to no-sell her. And a pass out finish is always cool. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2016-07-30-Sendai Girls] Meiko Satomura vs Yoshiko