Pro Wrestling Only

Between the Sheets Patreon Special #1: WWF expansion with Pete Lederberg

Bix

zGi4MfL.jpg

Sign up here. Patrons can click here for part 1 and here for part 2, as we had to split the show due to Patreon's file size limitations.

The first Patreon-exclusive, themed Between The Sheets show is here! Kris and David are joined by Pete Lederberg to go through the first 10 months or so of the national expansion of the WWF, starting with the June 1983 issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Hear about the original plans for Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, who saw the expansion coming, how the various territories were doing, non-WWF expansion efforts, how Hulk Hogan smoothed over his reputation in Minnesota after "no-showing" AWA shows, TONS of stuff about the WWF's early Japanese/international plans. and MUCH more. A GREAT show!

I'm capped on my wrestling budget right now (though I do have some amazon buys I need to fess up to over the last few weeks like those kids' clothing labels; totally me) but I bet this is a really great show. It's exactly the sort of content that would drive me to support more directly were I currently able (and not, you know, two months behind anyway).

Before I consider paying money to listen, how many soundboards were harmed in the production of this podcast?

I haven't completed part 2 yet, I'm at least 1/2 way through, but none so far.

I may be biased because I'm a patreon supporter, but I think this is well worth the crowd funding cost. Any regular listener of BTS should already be aware of the immense content quality right out the gate and the virtues of Bix and Kris' personalities. The special epsiodes so far are the ying and the yang of that deal, but they're all awesome in their own way from what I've heard--which is all of them except the end of this recent 2 parter. And let's be honest, there's not a lot of easy to find in-depth content on this WWWF/WWF early expansion. There's tremendous bang for your buck.

• 3 weeks later...

Signed up as a patreon two weeks ago after seeing this thread and just finally got around to listening.

This was easily worth the cost and one of the most well researched and entertaining shows you gents have put out. I'll definitely go back and listen to it again at some point. The entire era in wrestling was just fascinating and you did it justice.

Highest recommendation.

• 4 months later...