Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-02-ECW-Heatwave] Chris Candido vs Lance Storm

Superstar Sleeze

Chris Candido vs Lance Storm - ECW Heat Wave 1998

Watched this before and thought it was pretty good. Did not age well. Storm lacks any sort of fire or pizzazz. Like just nothing. So mechanical and cold. Everything feels thought out, artificial and mechanical. I can see him being a good trainer for technique, but lacks that attitude. This is supposed to be a grudge match of two tag partners that hate each other, but instead when Storm rips off Candido's head gear (Candido's ear was injured by Sabu/RVD in their title loss) nothing. No heat. Just nothing. Candido for his part was definitely too 80s Southern stoogy for a grudge match BUT at least it was entertaining. A lot of the moves lacked consequence. I did think Candido had a lot of good offense and took some really nice bumps. He clearly was a very good worker, just never really in the right environment. I will tell who was awesome and salvaged the entire match: SUNNY!

From the opening strut to AC/DC with Candido to losing her top at the end, she was incredible in this. So entertaining. Loved the ring introduction. Loved the trash talking of the ref. The cheating. The interference. All great. Candido wins with the Blond Bombshell, a top rope powerbomb that is pretty cool. Just a collection of moves and Sunny being all sorts of awesome in this.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-02-ECW-Heatwave] Chris Candido vs Lance Storm