Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour November 1984

LowBlowPodcast

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

{Wrestling Challenge opens to the WWF offices where the “press” is standing by. Gene Okerlund is at the podium and he talks about one of the all time greats in professional wrestling. This is a man who is known around the world as one of the most prestigious champions of all times. He is a man who held the World Championship for over 7 years and he is the NEW Commissioner of the WWF… ladies and Gentlemen… Bruno Sammartino!}

Bruno: It is great to be back with the WWF and I look forward to working with all these great competitors and standing firm as the commissioner. Everyone wants to know what that role is and I think I am going to learn as I go. I look forward to getting out there and watching the action and helping put things together. This is going to be a great journey and something that will change the WWF.

{Bruno then answers questions from the “Press” on topics like Hulk Hogan, Nick Bockwinkel, Bobby Heenan, and the commitments to Japan. Bruno does say that he is in contact with both Hulk Hogan and Nick Bockwinkel to finally put together this match, and he knows that he must recognize the title of Nick Bockwinkel in order for it to go through but he says that Bock does have some ground to stand on, but it is going to crumble around him. He thanks everyone and puts over the big shows in Boston and Miami this weekend.}

*COMMERCIAL*

The British Bulldogs defeated Jose Rivera & Johnny Rodz

-Good showcase for the Bulldogs who are fresh in the tag title hunt. Gorilla and Bobby put over how they are also in line for a big showdown with the Hart Foundation. The Powerslam to Diving Headbutt spells the end for the 1….2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan defeated SD Jones

-Heenan puts Studd over as the biggest and best in the world. He puts over the team of Bundy and Studd and how they get their shot tonight against the Russians. Gorilla says they are going to have to do something special to stop them and Bobby says size will count for everything tonight. Studd handles SD with no problem and gets the victory.

*COMMERCIAL*

{We get to see footage from the Funk attack on the Briscoes at Madison Square Garden. For the first time, we get to hear from Terry Funk and Dory Funk on the matter as they talk about their suspension…}

funkbrothers3.png

Dory: You know there are a lot of people out there who have been calling us every name in the book. They have tried to chastise us for our actions but less they forget about the actions of the Briscoes no more than a year ago. They were the ones who broke my brothers arm in three different places and almost ended his career! Well let me tell you something Jack and Jerry… this is no longer just a feud… this is a BLOOD FEUD! This has to come to an end and it looks like the WWF just doesn’t have the mustard to put it together to finish things off!

Terry: I am not going to come out here and call a horses ass a horses ass but Bruno Sammartino is the biggest horses ass I have ever seen! Bruno, you come in here flexing you muscle, well why don’t you show the world that you got a brain in that head of yours! We just want the match… give us the match… GIVE US THE DAMN MATCH!

Dory: Now Terry may be a little big more animated than I am about the matter but nonetheless, we feel as though we have been cheated. It says that you should do onto others as they do onto you. Well we did a fraction of what they did and we have been kicked out for it. Let us make a promise right here and right now… we have talked to the lawyers… we have talked to the powers that be… and this is going to happen.

Terry: Whether it happens in the ring, the courtroom, the parking lot, or the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas… Briscoes you can run but you can’t hide. We are coming for ya and we are coming for REVENGE and to AVENGE the Funk name!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Killer Bees vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-A rematch from a couple of weeks ago. This one also gets a little bit of time and we continue to see Bret Hart rise to the occasion. He and the Anvil are on a different level tonight and the Bees just can’t seem to catch up and before too long it is the Hart Attack and that is all she wrote. The Bees just couldn’t get it going tonight, probably thanks to Jimmy Hart’s shenanigans outside the ring. Gorilla and Bobby put over the big night tonight in Boston and the big main event tomorrow on Superstars with Hogan and Big Fred taking on the One Man Gang & Barbarian!

11/17

Boston, MA – The Boston Garden

Tony Atlas defeated Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

The British Bulldogs defeated The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

The One Man Gang w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated Big Fred Ottman via Count Out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan vs The Russians went to a double DQ!

REAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Nick Bockwinkel © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Sgt. Slaughter

CAGE MATCH

Randy Savage & Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper & Gino Hernandez

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

{Superstars opens to the WWF offices where the “press” is standing by. Gene Okerlund is at the podium and he talks about one of the all time greats in professional wrestling. This is a man who is known around the world as one of the most prestigious champions of all times. He is a man who held the World Championship for over 7 years and he is the NEW Commissioner of the WWF… ladies and Gentlemen… Bruno Sammartino!}

Bruno: It is great to be back with the WWF and I look forward to working with all these great competitors and standing firm as the commissioner. Everyone wants to know what that role is and I think I am going to learn as I go. I look forward to getting out there and watching the action and helping put things together. This is going to be a great journey and something that will change the WWF.

{Bruno then answers questions from the “Press” on topics like Hulk Hogan, Nick Bockwinkel, Bobby Heenan, and the commitments to Japan. Bruno does say that he is in contact with both Hulk Hogan and Nick Bockwinkel to finally put together this match, and he knows that he must recognize the title of Nick Bockwinkel in order for it to go through but he says that Bock does have some ground to stand on, but it is going to crumble around him. He thanks everyone and puts over the big shows in Boston and Miami this weekend.}

*COMMERCIAL*

King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Rick McGraw

-A good showcase for Bundy who looks to be an unstoppable monster right now. He hands Rick McGraw like nothing and gets the 5-count for good measure. We hear Vince and Jesse put over how Bundy and Studd have got the chance of a lifetime to become the NEW tag team champions when they face the Russians!

*COMMERCIAL*

{We get to see footage from the Funk attack on the Briscoes at Madison Square Garden. For the first time, we get to hear from Terry Funk and Dory Funk on the matter as they talk about their suspension…}

funkbrothers3.png

Dory: You know there are a lot of people out there who have been calling us every name in the book. They have tried to chastise us for our actions but less they forget about the actions of the Briscoes no more than a year ago. They were the ones who broke my brothers arm in three different places and almost ended his career! Well let me tell you something Jack and Jerry… this is no longer just a feud… this is a BLOOD FEUD! This has to come to an end and it looks like the WWF just doesn’t have the mustard to put it together to finish things off!

Terry: I am not going to come out here and call a horses ass a horses ass but Bruno Sammartino is the biggest horses ass I have ever seen! Bruno, you come in here flexing you muscle, well why don’t you show the world that you got a brain in that head of yours! We just want the match… give us the match… GIVE US THE DAMN MATCH!

Dory: Now Terry may be a little big more animated than I am about the matter but nonetheless, we feel as though we have been cheated. It says that you should do onto others as they do onto you. Well we did a fraction of what they did and we have been kicked out for it. Let us make a promise right here and right now… we have talked to the lawyers… we have talked to the powers that be… and this is going to happen.

Terry: Whether it happens in the ring, the courtroom, the parking lot, or the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas… Briscoes you can run but you can’t hide. We are coming for ya and we are coming for REVENGE and to AVENGE the Funk name!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Guerreros defeated Dominic DeNucci, Bob Bradley, & Tony Garea

-A good six-man showcase with the Guerreros this week. Vince and Jesse talk about the show in Houston next week in which the Russians will take on the Guerreros in a Six-Man Texas Death Match. Jesse says he has never seen anything like that before and is going to be a huge event. Chovo Guerrero with the Gory Special on DeNucci and that is all she wrote!

*COMMERCIAL*

Hulk Hogan & Big Fred Ottman vs The One Man Gang & The Barbarian w/ Kevin Sullivan

-This one has been building for quite some time and we get the big blow off here, or so we think. It is Hogan and Big Fred really working well together but it is nothing special. We get to see the Gang and Barb showcase their skills but the highlight is seeing Hogan and the Gang in the ring together. They pull no punches and throw some big shots as the match begins to wear on. The final moments see Hogan with a huge bodyslam on the Barbarian and a leg drop for the 1…2…3 but that is nowhere near the end. Once again we see Sullivan and the Gang attack Hogan and then out of the back we see Nick Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan run down with a briefcase and they NAIL HOGAN from behind! The Hulkster is down and possibly out right now as this is a brutal beat-down. We see Bockwinkel give Sullivan the briefcase and it is full of money! These guys are just tearing into Hogan as they have got Big Fred tied up in the ropes. The crowd then pops when BRUNO SAMMARTINO RUNS OUT TO THE RING!

19850331_bruno.png

-The ring clears as Bruno comes down with his officials and agents! Bockwinkel is looking at him and Bruno tells him that he is outta here and so is the Gang! What does this mean?!? Jesse and Vince are going wild on commentary putting this over as Bruno is in charge and he is flexing his authority right here and right now!

11/18

Miami, FL – Knight Center

Tony Atlas defeated Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

The British Bulldogs defeated The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

The One Man Gang w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated Big Fred Ottman via Count Out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan vs The Russians went to a double DQ!

REAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Nick Bockwinkel © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Sgt. Slaughter

CAGE MATCH

WWF On Tour 11/21 – 11/23

Niagara Falls, NY - Convention Center

Troy, NY - RPI Fieldhouse

Erie, PA - Civic Center

Tonga & Haku defeated Kevin Sullivan & The Barbarian

Jake Roberts defeated Brutus Beefcake

Tony Atlas defeated Hercules

John Studd & King Kong Bundy defeated The Briscoe Brothers

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Masked Superstar

CAGE MATCH

Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper

WWF On Tour 11/21 – 11/23

Scranton, PA – CYC

Johnstown, PA - Cambria County War Memorial

Concord, NH - Douglas Everitt Center

The Killer Bees defeated Los Conquistadors

The Hart Foundation defeated The Youngbloods

Chavo Guerrero defeated Krusher Kruschev

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The Guerreros

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Gino Hernandez w/ Woman went to a 30-minute draw

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Dominic DeNucci

Sgt. Slaughter: I want to take a moment and thank all of our troops all across the world right now defending this great country in this holiday season. I want to let all of them know I am here fighting the battles in the WWF for each and every one of them. I have got a special bone to pick with Krusher Kruschev. This Russian sympathizer has been bad mouthing the good ol USA a little bit too much for me and I think it is time to make a decision… you either love it or leave it! That’s right Kruschev… I am challenging you to a match where the winner has to leave the country! I am willing to put you down for each and every one of our troops and all the free people here in the USA!

*COMMERCIAL*

Haku & Tonga defeated Omar Atlas & Tony Garea

-A nice showcase for Haku and Tonga who are as Raw as they come but still look great in the ring. We see them work well together and the Samoan Drop/Diving headbutt combo is one of the hottest in wrestling right now as it gets them the W here this week.

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Jay Youngblood

Jake Roberts: I have been doing a lot of thinking lately… I have been wondering just what is missing in my life. You see I have fame, I have money, and I have mystery… but what I want is something just a little bit more precious. I am going to keep my eyes open and see if it there is something out there to maybe quench my sweet tooth…

*COMMERCIAL*

-Mean Gene puts over the big issue with the Funks and the Briscoes. Okerlund puts over how there will be an event on December the 30th from Madison Square Garden called the Brawl to End it All! On that card, one of the premiere contests will be a Texas Tornado tag team match with the Briscoe Brothers taking on the Funk Brothers. Bruno Sammartino has said that the Funks will serve the suspension and then return in the middle of December and be on the card. Also on that card we will see a one on one match with Jimmy Snuka taking on Rowdy Roddy Piper. We have words from both men…

Piper: Brawl to end it all huh… putting together every top talent in professional wrestling in one arena on one card and saying that when it is all said and done… everything is finished. Well boys, 1984 was the year that the Piper rose to the top but 1985 is going to be the year of the Rowdy One and I am putting everyone on notice… Snuka… you good for nothing piece of garbage… come the 30th of December there will be no turning back for you brutha and I am going to run you out of the WWF!

Snuka: WHOO WHOO WHOO! You want to talk about running me out of the WWF Roddy Piper… brutha… you don’t know what it would take to beat me. I have got the scars of time on my face and there is nothing you can do to stop the Superfly! I am coming from the top of the rafters on December the 30th and I am coming right through your heart!

*COMMERCIAL*

Killer Bees defeated Johnny Rodz & Barry Horowitz

-Blair and Brunzell continue to impress here week-to-week. They get the chance of a lifetime next week against the Russians. A nice double dropkick on Rodz is all it takes tonight!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jimmy Snuka vs Bob Orton Jr.

-A pretty fun main event with Bobby and Vince really hyping the feud with Snuka and Piper. They put over the Brawl to End it All on December the 30th in which Piper and Snuka will do battle for the final time. In the ring tonight, we hear Piper on commentary while Snuka does pretty good work with Orton and ends up getting him reeling. We see Snuka ready to finish and sets up Orton for the Superfly but Piper runs down to the ring… Snuka is looking to jump on Orton but then he looks outside the ring and he LEAPS and jumps on Piper and the crowd goes absolutely INSANE! The referee calls for a DQ as Piper and Snuka are fighting in the aisle-way! This is going to be a crazy end when it happens! Here comes Orton to join in! We will see you tomorrow on Superstars.

11/24

Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

Big Fred Ottman defeated The Barbarian

Jake Roberts & Kevin Sullivan defeated Haku & Tonga

The Hart Foundation defeated the Killer Bees

John Studd, King Kong Bundy, & Hercules defeated Tony Atlas, Sgt. Slaughter, & Brutus Beefcake

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Briscoe Brothers defeated the Russians © via COUNT OUT

CAGE MATCH

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

Krusher Kruschev defeated Mark Youngblood

Krusher: I guess that good for nothing turncoat Sgt. Slaughter wanted to come out here and try and stir something up. Well Slaughter, your words don’t scare me buddy… I am more than willing to love it or leave it. But seeings as how I have got the two most dangerous men in wrestling by my side, I don’t plan on going anywhere and just to add some extra pleasure to the match… I am going to raise the Russian Flag when I beat you!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Mean Gene is shown in the event center putting over the happening from last week in which we saw Bruno Sammartino named WWF Commissioner and then the subsequent attack on Hulk Hogan by the One Man Gang & Nick Bockwinkel. Okerlund says that his sources have told him that it was a joint plan and that Bockwinkel paid for the One Man Gang to come to the WWF and subsequently hurt Hogan. Sources have also said that Hulk Hogan signed the contract for a one on one match with Nick Bockwinkel on December the 30th in Madison Square Garden for the Title for Title match officially recognizing Nick Bockwinkel’s championship… however Bockwinkel has yet to sign… we have words from all the parties involved…

Bruno: I told everyone that I would be a law and order type commissioner and I am going to do that. Nick Bockwinkel wanted the match with Hulk Hogan and I got it signed but now Bockwinkel hasn’t signed… he and that weasel Heenan are trying to pull something… well let me tell you right now… I have got the people in place… this match is going to happen and there will be one true world champion!

Hulk Hogan: Well lemme tell ya something brother… last week I felt that massive 747 splash come right down on my ribs and I could feel them crushing and breaking inside my body dude. The One Man Gang has come out and said that he was bought and paid for by Bockwinkel! Well One Man Gang… I want you to know that our business is nowhere near done… I am planning on taking you out you big ugly giant and then… haha… Nick Bockwinkel… it is going to be a title for title match of the century brother. You asked me to acknowledge that piece of gold you’ve got as a title and I am doing it… but it comes down to who walks out with the belt and heads into 1985 as the one true world champion brother. All that is left for you to sign and WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!

Nick Bockwinkel: Well Hulk Hogan… you have signed on the dotted line but we live in a different world than when it was signed. Due to the suspension from Bruno Sammartino… I have lost some of my investment in the One Man Gang and with the real world’s championship… so Hulk Hogan the match has changed. I no longer just want the title and the money… I want more… I want your career! Before you showed up in the WWF, I was the one true world champion and you have challenged me and tried to take away from my greatness and I am just sick and tired of it. Hogan, I have said since day one that you are a coward… well I am going to put it on the line right now… this is a new contract written by my most prestigious lawyers. This is a contract to face you Hulk Hogan on December the 30th from Madison Square Garden. This is a contract for a One True World Championship Contest. This is a contract for you to put your title and your CAREER on the line! For one year… for all of 1985… you will be unable to wrestle in the WWF! You want to raise the stakes… well Hogan they are as high as they can go… there will only be Nick Bockwinkel or there will only be Hulk Hogan in the WWF in 1985… and I don’t plan on going anywhere!

*COMMERCIAL*

Tony Atlas defeated Johnny Rivera

Tony Atlas: A lot of people out there talking about who the strongest man in the WWF is… and I am going to give Hercules his credit… he is a big boy and he is a strong man… but you can’t touch this baby. I have got muscles for days and when you feel me wrap you up in that bearhug… brother it is going to be all over but the crying!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Hart Foundation defeated SD Jones & Rick McGraw

Jimmy Hart: I think everyone saw the shicanery last month when my Hart Foundation didn’t get the number one contender shot against the Russians. Now I have spoken to Ivan Koloff and he has assured me that the Hart Foundation have a match… but first we need to get rid of those flea bitten British Bulldogs. Those two guys are going to be given the Hart Attack of a lifetime baby courtesy of the Hitman and the Anvil!

*COMMERCIAL*

Big Fred Ottman vs The Barbarian w/ Kevin Sullivan

-The saga of Big Fred continues this week as we see him in action against the Barbarian who is double tough. These two know one another well enough and the match is a fun bruiser style. Sullivan is doing his best to get involved and ends up grabbing Ottman’s foot which leads to the Barbarian hitting a high knee to the back and Ottman nailing the turnbuckle! The Barbarian then shows some big time strength with a back suplex putting Big Fred right on his head for the 1….2…3!!Barb and Sullivan celebrate, as big Fred doesn’t look too happy with how this turned out…

11/25

Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum

King Kong Bundy & Hercules defeated the Killer Bees

Tony Atlas defeated Big John Studd

Masked Superstar defeated Sgt. Slaughter

Big Fred Ottman, Haku, & Tonga defeated Kevin Sullivan, Jake Roberts, & The Barbarian

SIX-MAN TEXAS DEATH MATCH

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The Guerreros

CAGE MATCH

Love the Bockwinle/Hogan angle. I know how great you are at wheeling and dealing and with Hogan's trip to Japan looming, my brain is going in all type of directions trying to figure this one out.

CAGE MATCH

Randy Savage & Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper & Gino Hernandez: This is must see TV.

Keep up the great work.... you truly have a feel for this. I just seem to sit in front of my computer and type whatever comes to mind. I might be OK with a "Bring Back the Stars" like show once a month but you really understand how to run a promotion.

WWF on Tour 11/28 – 11/30

New Haven, CT – Coliseum

Hartford, CT - Civic Center

Wayne, NJ – William Paterson College

Tonga & Haku defeated Kevin Sullivan & The Barbarian

Jake Roberts defeated Brutus Beefcake

Tony Atlas defeated Hercules

John Studd & King Kong Bundy defeated The Briscoe Brothers

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Masked Superstar

CAGE MATCH

Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper

WWF on Tour 11/28 – 11/30