Pro Wrestling Only

Psychology is Dead Master Thread

Good morning all.

With the big news of Psychology is Dead moving over to the PWO feed happening yesterday, I felt having a master thread of sorts would make sense.

So the previous three episodes before the jump were on Wrestling With Words and featured guests such as Dylan Hales, Timothy from This Week In Wrestling and Lucha Undead, and Brock from Sports Entertainment Shrinks. I'd highly recommend listening those not just for the sake of my ego, but also because I feel they do a great job giving a feel for what I aim for the show to be every time I record.

The debut episode on the PWO feed features Chad as we go over the art of storytelling in wrestling and examine 4 feuds very closely.

Snowman vs Jerry Lawler

Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville

Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuharu Misawa

Riki Choshu vs AJPW

All the episodes done so far can be found right here http://placetobenation.com/category/podcasts/psychology-is-dead/.

Main reason why I made this thread is because it is a show that bounces from topic to topic so anyone that ever has suggestions for something to cover on the show, drop the ideas in here and if it's not already on my list of future topics it will for sure be added.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd might as well say this here since I said it on Twitter as well.

In March I'll be doing a Psychology is Dead on the Art of Lucha and the idea is to get together a bunch of segments from people who are fans of Lucha and hopefully some that aren't and talk to them about the genre. If anyone would be interested in being a part of this please feel free to hit me up so we can get something set up.

Slowly making my way through the Top 50 wrestlers podcasts, really enjoying hearing about lesser known talent and promotions.

Tim, I was wondering about your stance on not really reviewing edited tv matches - does this apply across the board? For example, isn't Lucha Underground trimmed here and there? And is it the quantity of editing that bothers you, or just the fact that it's not the complete match either way? I'm asking because it's not something I've ever heard others being quite so strict about.

Slowly making my way through the Top 50 wrestlers podcasts, really enjoying hearing about lesser known talent and promotions.

Tim, I was wondering about your stance on not really reviewing edited tv matches - does this apply across the board? For example, isn't Lucha Underground trimmed here and there? And is it the quantity of editing that bothers you, or just the fact that it's not the complete match either way? I'm asking because it's not something I've ever heard others being quite so strict about.

It's funny I am getting quite a bit of flack based on this stance because of this podcast. Don't worry I'm not implying that you asking is annoying or even like you're giving me trouble I just find it interesting. So my stance has always been the same if you notice on TWIW I prefer not to give * rating to matches that I know are edited. I've noticed quite often WWE will edit the heat of put it during a commercial break the problem there is that now the emotion investment won't be there in the match for me. In general I know that matches can be editing to really change what they were live. I may lax my opinion in time especially for things that are clipped intentional to fit the story being presented rather that just clipped for time.

So I basically extend this stance on matches to the wrestlers in the matches as well, Lucha Underground was only a feather in the cap for 2 workers Cobb & Ricochet but in no way was it their main case I could see LU being a major part of the case for my placement of Rey Mysterio he also had great performances outside of LU that were a big part of his placement as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quentin and five guests go in-depth on the genre of Lucha Libre. He talks to Sam DiMascio, Case Lowe, Rob Viper, Dylan Harris and Brandon Wagemann in different segments about how they got in to lucha, why do they still follow and questions ranging from why might Lucha be hard to get in to, the place of high flying and showmanship and much more along the way. http://placetobenation.com/psychology-is-dead-the-art-of-lucha/

• 1 month later...