• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7921 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

They started with WWN Live which for 20 a month (or 12.75 a month if you buy a whole year at once) is better than buying individual EVOLVE shows. Of course you get SHINE and WWN Super Shows plus archives.

I was debating on getting this, but today they added BEYOND and PWX! So I'm all in.

Currently watching SHINE and the stream has been away better than EVOLVE's past ones. The first promo was buffering and the 3rd match buffered through, but everything else has been perfect. Plus I can watch on Roku, which is great.

You can call me FloSteven, I'm in. I got the year deal, I do hope they add CMLL as rumoured or even ROH.

#2 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7429 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Beyond has said on twitter that right now they are only scheduled to do 1 event with FloSlam as Beyond already has their own $10 a month service. I suppose it's a test to see if it's easier to let FloSlam do the logistics of a live event.

inCXosf.png

taS2icG.png

#3 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10482 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

If this ends up having any legs, I can see it being a boon to indy groups that may not be as equipped to do the heavy lifting to stream themselves.

#4 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1261 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

There is just nowhere near enough content available on this to justify the price tag for me. Seems to be zero clear direction on where it's headed, either, which is why (almost certainly untrue) stuff like ROH being involved still gets mentioned. There are already fully formed services like High Spots already available, that work perfectly (and on Roku) - and they have PWX already. I definitely can see the value if you buy all the EVOLVE shows already but I don't care about live events, I want a massive VOD library. I'll definitely be in wait and see mode on this service for the foreseeable future.

#5 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

Yeah the selection is pretty terrible. Just a few random EVOLVE, Shine, and DG USA shows with no planning or theme beyond "People on WWE/TNA/LU are on this and we can put them on the thumbnail".

#6 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4446 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

I don't think it's bad if you're a WWN fan already, but they should have made a greater effort to have a robust archive coming out of the gate. I'm on board but somewhat reluctantly. 

#7 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7921 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Yeah the selection is pretty terrible. Just a few random EVOLVE, Shine, and DG USA shows with no planning or theme beyond "People on WWE/TNA/LU are on this and we can put them on the thumbnail".

They said the entire Evolve/DG library will be up by January 2017.

#8 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Evolve is the saddest product. I've never seen a company where the fans and wrestlers seem to resent being at each show.

#9 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7921 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

Evolve is the saddest product. I've never seen a company where the fans and wrestlers seem to resent being at each show.

It certainly has produced some of the best wrestler in the world the last year or so.

#10 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4446 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

I promise not to let the resentment overtake me when I'm watching Hero vs. Riddle live next weekend.

#11 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

This comment makes no sense to me. 

#12 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

It's just a bizarrely flat product. Even flatter than current TV ROH. The crowd never seems like it actually wants to be at the shows, very little reaction to anything going on, the wrestlers seem to be going through the motions because they have nothing to play off of, and in general the shows have a weird funeral like feel to them. Evolve is a weird ass product to me. With all the great talent they have, it's not a great show by any stretch. 

#13 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Weird. The Wrestlemania weekend shows I went to last year were among the hottest crowds I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere during Thatcher/Hero was amazing, felt like a star had been born in Thatcher. Definitely felt like a crowd of people seriously loving a wrestling show. Nothing you describe sounds like any Evolve shows I've ever watched. 

#14 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'm talking about matches from the past couple of months. From the CWC qualifying shows on. What I've seen has been a dingy looking product with uninterested fans and uninterested wrestlers. 70 in particular was just awful. 

#15 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1559 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:09 PM

Back to FloSlam - good to hear the live stream was a marked improvement over WWN. 

I think they definitely did right with the yearly commitment being almost 40% in savings. That's a strong way to lock people in while they add content and figure things out.

I also agree their launch seemed premature - no lead editor hired, seemingly one guy running the wrestling side.

#16 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

I'm talking about matches from the past couple of months. From the CWC qualifying shows on. What I've seen has been a dingy looking product with uninterested fans and uninterested wrestlers. 70 in particular was just awful. 

Okay, I will keep this in mind when I get there. It sounded like you were paintbrushing the entire history of the fed with this criticism; did not get the impression you were just talking about the last couple months. I've not caught up to show 70 yet (still around the late 50s/early 60s) but I'll look for this when I eventually watch those shows. 

#17 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4446 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

I agree the crowds are uneven, especially in Florida. I don't agree that translates to listless efforts by the wrestlers.

#18 Willninho

Willninho
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

I think every nonWM/NYC crowd are really really dead and some of the recent losses have killed the card depth but if the Floslam money is good as people are saying they can bring interesting guys in plus WWE guys whatever their relationship is.

#19 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10318 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

This is vaguely unrelated but I was flabbergasted how terrible the crowd for that House of Glory match between Kamaitachi and Dickerson posted on youtube was. It's the worst crowd I've seen in ages. 

#20 Phil Schneider

Phil Schneider
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 3419 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

The two EVOLVE shows from Baltimore I have been to recently all had fine crowds. Less gross then most Northeast indy crowds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users