Pro Wrestling Only

FloSlam

Grimmas

They started with WWN Live which for 20 a month (or 12.75 a month if you buy a whole year at once) is better than buying individual EVOLVE shows. Of course you get SHINE and WWN Super Shows plus archives.

I was debating on getting this, but today they added BEYOND and PWX! So I'm all in.

Currently watching SHINE and the stream has been away better than EVOLVE's past ones. The first promo was buffering and the 3rd match buffered through, but everything else has been perfect. Plus I can watch on Roku, which is great.

You can call me FloSteven, I'm in. I got the year deal, I do hope they add CMLL as rumoured or even ROH.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond has said on twitter that right now they are only scheduled to do 1 event with FloSlam as Beyond already has their own $10 a month service. I suppose it's a test to see if it's easier to let FloSlam do the logistics of a live event.

inCXosf.png

taS2icG.png

There is just nowhere near enough content available on this to justify the price tag for me. Seems to be zero clear direction on where it's headed, either, which is why (almost certainly untrue) stuff like ROH being involved still gets mentioned. There are already fully formed services like High Spots already available, that work perfectly (and on Roku) - and they have PWX already. I definitely can see the value if you buy all the EVOLVE shows already but I don't care about live events, I want a massive VOD library. I'll definitely be in wait and see mode on this service for the foreseeable future.

Yeah the selection is pretty terrible. Just a few random EVOLVE, Shine, and DG USA shows with no planning or theme beyond "People on WWE/TNA/LU are on this and we can put them on the thumbnail".

They said the entire Evolve/DG library will be up by January 2017.

Yeah the selection is pretty terrible. Just a few random EVOLVE, Shine, and DG USA shows with no planning or theme beyond "People on WWE/TNA/LU are on this and we can put them on the thumbnail".

Evolve is the saddest product. I've never seen a company where the fans and wrestlers seem to resent being at each show.

Evolve is the saddest product. I've never seen a company where the fans and wrestlers seem to resent being at each show.

It certainly has produced some of the best wrestler in the world the last year or so.

This comment makes no sense to me.

It's just a bizarrely flat product. Even flatter than current TV ROH. The crowd never seems like it actually wants to be at the shows, very little reaction to anything going on, the wrestlers seem to be going through the motions because they have nothing to play off of, and in general the shows have a weird funeral like feel to them. Evolve is a weird ass product to me. With all the great talent they have, it's not a great show by any stretch.

Weird. The Wrestlemania weekend shows I went to last year were among the hottest crowds I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere during Thatcher/Hero was amazing, felt like a star had been born in Thatcher. Definitely felt like a crowd of people seriously loving a wrestling show. Nothing you describe sounds like any Evolve shows I've ever watched.

Back to FloSlam - good to hear the live stream was a marked improvement over WWN.

I think they definitely did right with the yearly commitment being almost 40% in savings. That's a strong way to lock people in while they add content and figure things out.

I also agree their launch seemed premature - no lead editor hired, seemingly one guy running the wrestling side.

I'm talking about matches from the past couple of months. From the CWC qualifying shows on. What I've seen has been a dingy looking product with uninterested fans and uninterested wrestlers. 70 in particular was just awful.

Okay, I will keep this in mind when I get there. It sounded like you were paintbrushing the entire history of the fed with this criticism; did not get the impression you were just talking about the last couple months. I've not caught up to show 70 yet (still around the late 50s/early 60s) but I'll look for this when I eventually watch those shows.

At least in Orlando, the Florida Evolve crowds would be better if they stayed in one place and advertised more. Hopefully, the FloSlam money will improve this.

I might get Floslam next year but Powerbomb.tv sounds more interesting than this at the moment.

I don't really follow indy wrestling at all but if I were to pick between the two currently it would probably be Powerbomb.tv with them having deals with a few lucha indy groups and Black Terry Jr. to show some of the stuff he shoots. Plus they might not have the financial backing of FloSlam but they seem to be making sure they have all their stuff together before launching which FloSlam definitely did not.