Pro Wrestling Only

[1982-04-09-Houston Wrestling] Wahoo McDaniel vs Tully Blanchard

shoe

These guys had a feud over in SWCW. At the time Blanchard supplied talent to Houston. This is pretty much a fight. I loved the opening sequence where the pay off was a Wahoo chop. Tully was ducking and moving. Taking his spots on Wahoo. Wahoo just attacked Tully with vigor and a ruggidness. I'm really digging the fighting. Tully sucks Wahoo in, and Tully works the leg. Wahoo fights and trys to bully his way out. They take it outside and Tully rams the leg again. In a revenge spot Wahoo smashes Tully's forehead on the apron. Wahoo pins Tully but his foots on the rope. It's restarted and Tully stuns Wahoo and pins him with his feet on the rope. Crowd is booing big tim here. Gino is out. 3 1/4* We get a JYD/Wahoo promo afterwards and JYD is such a dynamic promo.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1982-04-09-Houston Wrestling] Wahoo McDaniel vs Tully Blanchard
  • 2 years later...

Fight is definitely the right word for this one. Great struggle and interesting shifts in momentum, not just your typical dynamic with the walking tall babyface and the begging off heel. Both guys were great here but I was particularly impressed with what Tully brought to the table. He had a difficult balance to find as this type of heel opposite Wahoo and he did an exceptional job. Really fun little tussle here.