Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - Election Week

fakeplastictrees

My favorite line from Raw this week came from Doc Gallows:

"A grown man crying over a toy sword. This is exactly the problem."

That made me cracking up more than it should have. Overall a good episode, just hate the return of 'we have to do it for the brand!' trope as WWE hasn't laid out a reason for any of these guys to be loyal to either of the brands at this point.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with Corbin not being on the SD team, because Corbin is terrible. From a technical standpoint he's probably better than Shane, but not from a storyline or crazy bumptaking standpoint.

And if that spoiler is true...and Kalisto could beat Kendrick and bring the Crusierweights to SD? Kickass. SD is so much better than Raw right now, that's one less reason to check out Raw. Really, Jericho (outside the ring) is one of the few reasons I even bother with Raw.

I don't see how Kalisto doesn't win and reset the division. Plus, the division will benefit from being presented more like it was on the Network, with Mauro and Bryan involved and more familiar talents, like a Kalisto, holding the title while lesser known talents like Perkins and Cedric fighting to upset him. I'm a Kendrick fan, but he wasn't the guy to build the division around any more than Perkins was.

Also, the argument that RAW "needed" the cruisers to fill their 3-hour runtime makes sense in a world where the WWE wasn't putting on 3-hour shows, of varying levels of quality, for a number of years prior to the invention of the division. The cruiser division, as it was introduced, wasn't adding anything but filler to the show - and you can do the same by just adding other forms of filler (more Curtis Axel, more Bo Dallas, more squash matches). Moving them to SD will help the Blue Brand more than it will hurt the RAW brand.

WWE is making so much money as a whole that I feel like they're not paying enough attention to their bread-and-butter anymore which is the cable television wrestling show. Sure, they're making hand over fist now but if the TV remains weak and WWE Network subscriptions dwindle, won't those other revenue streams eventually start to run out?

WWE is making so much money as a whole that I feel like they're not paying enough attention to their bread-and-butter anymore which is the cable television wrestling show. Sure, they're making hand over fist now but if the TV remains weak and WWE Network subscriptions dwindle, won't those other revenue streams eventually start to run out?

Their TV money is pretty much what's keeping them profitable. The network is just now getting to the levels profit wise that PPV was at before, and everything else has been stagnant.

Assuming the average PPV was $40, 1.4m subs would be equivalent to about 350k PPV buys every month, which is far above 100k-200k buys they were averaging for pre-network PPVs. And it all presumably goes straight to WWE without cable providers taking anything. Certainly seems like a good deal for WWE.