Pro Wrestling Only

Speculation on the WrestleMania 33 card

BigBadMick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am always 50/50 on going to Mania, this thread will be useful. :)

Styles/Cena is always alluring because I thought their June match was terrific and I think AJ is the best wrestler in the world and Cena can be awesome. But if they just do INDY WORKRATE~! CENA and throw out a bunch of MOVEZ~! I will be sad. I kinda hope they don't do it at Mania so then I don't get suckered into going and being disappointed. On the other hand, if they have the capability of having a genius match see the June match worked around Cena's loopy match, I would be really bummed about missing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sget Reigns involved in some sort of "special guest" match - maybe team him with The Rock, maybe team him with Rousey (if they can get her), maybe they even have Goldberg wrestle again - something "big" but I don't see them doing Reigns/Lesnar over Lesnar/Shane, I don't think a Shield 3-way is on the horizon, and I don't even buy Reigns turning heel to face Rollins. I guess they could run Reigns/Owens if Owens manages to hold onto the title for awhile, but that certainly doesn't scream "main event" on a card that will include bigger names.

Fakeplastictrees' list actually makes a lot of sense by WWE's mindset, but wow does that look dire on paper.

Cena-Styles has been great, but if they're going to it again, they should keep them apart until the Rumble and do some kind of double-elimination spot. I agree that this is the year to Cena-Taker if they can. It will never mean more, feels surprisingly fresh, and it's one of the biggest marquee matches left on the table. Cena can cut the promos that will take it from "Why is this happening?" to "This still makes no sense, but I'm interested." If he must, Taker can get a win in the safest match possible, and Cena can carry him to something passable. There's been talk that Orton will actually be put in this position, which is fine too as I don't care at all about him or Undertaker and would be fine with the two of them not wasting space elsewhere.

Balor is said to be back in February. Trying to think as much like the McMahons as possible, I'll say:

1. Undertaker vs. John Cena (Career vs. Career / Loser Retires, with Cena going over and Taker being greeted at journey’s end by some combo of Hunter, Shawn, Vince.)
  2. Brock Lesnar vs. Shane McMahon (I ponder drinking bleach for over a half hour.)
  3. Shaq vs. Big Show (Vince cackles for six glorious minutes.)
  4. WWE Universal Title: Seth Rollins © vs. Roman Reigns (Rage-based Reigns heel turn teased but not delivered, a la Piper-Hart at WM8.) I could also see Ambrose or even HHH added to this to make it a Triple Threat. Hunter’s somewhere on this card, but I can’t say where and it probably won’t be a Goldberg match.
  5. WWE World Title: AJ Styles © vs. Finn Balor (Some backdoor technicality gets Balor onto SD, either by switching brands outright, winning the Rumble and “shocking the world” by choosing Styles as his opponent, or even just winning a #1 contender’s match on the February PPV. Unless someone from RAW comes over, I don’t see any feasible opponents for Styles, unless they’re lame enough to do Styles-Orton.)
  6. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Team breaks up mid-Rumble.)
  7. Charlotte © vs. Bayley
  8. Gallows & Anderson © vs. Enzo & Cass
  9. Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

Plus the now-annual Rock appearance, and the Orlando return of the Hulkster, brother. SMH.

You would think so. Unless, that was all for nothing and they just wanted him to show up to try give the 900th episode a special moment. You would think that Smackdown will lose, so everyone has to tune in to see what The Undertaker is going to do with his threat since they lost. But, that probably won't happen. I do think we will see him at WrestleMania. One rumor not mentioned here - I had seen somewhere that Goldberg was talked about as an eventual opponent because of the great reactions he's been getting. Of course, there is also that Sting interview from a few months back where he is still talking about wanting to face Undertaker. It would seem that the most likely choice would be Cena, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess right now...

Brock v Goldberg

Cena v Taker

Strowman v Reigns

HHH v Rollins

Jericho vs Owens

Styles v Orton

Shaq v Big Show

Wyatts vs American Alpha

New Day vs Enzo/Cass

I can also see them doing Styles/Cena and Ambrose/Taker

Balor is not going to return in time, is he?

Roman maybe gets to feud with Braun? Really wouldn't mind them having a program for the US Title.

Also Miz feuding with Zayn for real? Probably a 8 way ladder match or something. There's also going to be a CW Title match somewhere, I'd think. Give us Cedric vs Metalik and I'm a happy man. Maybe with Swann added to the mix too

WWE did a poll on Goldberg recently and I really dont see why fans want another Goldberg/Lesnar Wrestlemania match.

I've heard about Brock seeing money in a feud but if Goldberg is wrestling id like it to be against someone he hasen't faced before.

Why?

The last match was designed to set up a rematch.

But which top belt is he actually going to take, if they are planning on giving him one more title run? I mean, I think it would make more sense if Cena got the WWE Title from AJ, and Goldberg going after the Universal Title would mean he would take on the likes of Owens, Rollins and such, which I am really not too high on.

WWE did a poll on Goldberg recently and I really dont see why fans want another Goldberg/Lesnar Wrestlemania match.

I've heard about Brock seeing money in a feud but if Goldberg is wrestling id like it to be against someone he hasen't faced before.

Why?

The last match was designed to set up a rematch.

Because Goldberg's beaten Brock twice already, he shouldn't be working anything resembling Brock's typical matches at his age, and it would be far more interesting to see either guy against a new opponent.