Pro Wrestling Only

Speculation on the WrestleMania 33 card

BigBadMick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the fact he got reduced to such nothing on the roster (that great feud with… that godawful indian guy) makes the injury kinda irrelevant though. I admit it flew under my radar (heard about it but forgot about it), but like I said, he was doing zilch for months anyway. Sucks for him to not get a Mania paycheck.

Seriously, this is hilarious. A movie reviewer over here got the same kind of bullshit because he didn't know the name of two unknown debuting actress and said "the black and the arabian girls".

Well, fuck that pc bullshit, hard. If I don't remember the name and if it had been PN News, I'd have said, that fat white rapper guy. If it had been Sheamus, I'd said that pale redhead guy. If it had been Nakamura I'd said that japanese guy. And in case of Jinder Mahal, it doesn't matter what his name is, to quote that afro-samoan blockbuster actor who was a pro-wrestler once. He's godawful, but since he's not the first godawful guy Rusev had to work with, you gotta find a way to identify him. Seriously people : get a fucking grip.

(gotta love the idea that "Indian" is a fucking "ethnic minority" too… talking about offensive (and stupid) stuff, now we're really into it)

Except, Jinder Mahal is not new. He's been around for years. So, pretending he's some wet-behind-the-ears newcomer to justify calling him "that Indian guy" is a really weak argument. I'm not going to get all PC about it - I don't care that much - but that's a pretty bad and unconvincing defense.

Yes I would if I didn't know the name of a japanese guy. Contrary to what you imply, I don't know the name of most japanese guys these days since I don't follow the japanese scene and haven't watched one NJ show since the Dome. It's neither here nor there though, if you can grasp the fact I didn't remember the name of that useless Jinder Mahal and only designated him as "Indian" because it's convenient, and if you think saying "he's that indian guy" is offensive, well, there's nothing I can do, really. As far as re rest of your post, well, I'll apply the PWO rules here, it'll save me some time. And venom.

Except, Jinder Mahal is not new. He's been around for years. So, pretending he's some wet-behind-the-ears newcomer to justify calling him "that Indian guy" is a really weak argument. I'm not going to get all PC about it - I don't care that much - but that's a pretty bad and unconvincing defense.

I don't need to "defend" myself. And no, I haven't seen this guy ever before that Rusev feud because I don't watch 20 weekly hours of WWE. Shocking, I know, I dunno the faces and names of every JTTS that came around the WWE in the last 15 years (I understand that he's a guy who was there at one time and whom they called back last year to fill the roster after the brand expansion ?). Believe me, don't believe me… I don't care one bit, really. Plus, it's not even the fact I know him or not. I just couldn't think of his name. For fuck's sake, people.

So, in other Mania news, so the SD women's multi-match is on the show and the cruiserweight match down the pre-show apparently. Well, not to start this again, but the women being reduced to a bunch of multi-women matches, no big face-off at Mania. Not repaying very well the best part of their product for the whole past year. At least they're all on the main show now. I wish we got Aries vs Neville instead of the three-way dance/ladder tag match.

Relax, El-P - I don't think you're a horrible racist and never thought that's how your post sounded, just that your choice of words was clumsy and misleading.

Understood about not knowing every JTTS over the past 15 years, but in all fairness, 3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, and that pale Scottish guy) was a pretty memorable act.

I get it if you don't watch the weekly shows, but you don't at least remember the Wee-LC match, which aired on PPV? 3MB was heavily involved in that.

Clumsy ? "Hum, Rusev was feuding with that godawful worker at the last PPV... Can't remember his name... well, he was Indian I believe." Sorry but that's not clumsy. That's just making sense of the infos I have. But I know you don't mean bad.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. 3MB ? Wee-LC ? Those are probably the lost years of WWE to me. I've been following more closely in the last few years but... This doesn't ring a bell at all.

Hahaha, yeah, Wee-LC was a crazy spectacle. I think most people at the time weren't expecting anything, and it ended up being a really memorable match. Sadly, it turned out to be pretty much the last hurrah for Hornswoggle and El Torito, who were released less than a year later, I think. 3MB's presence would have been somewhat noticeable if you were watching regularly at the time, but going in cold as you did, yeah, I can see how you wouldn't think much of their involvement. Long story short, they were a fun, wacky, and memorable JTTS group. People were going nuts over Heath Slater's push and title reign last year precisely because he has been so entertaining for so long without ever being rewarded for it. Truthfully, Jinder was the weak link of 3MB - both Slater and Drew McIntyre had/have much more upside.

Hahaha, yeah, Wee-LC was a crazy spectacle. I think most people at the time weren't expecting anything, and it ended up being a really memorable match.

Well, it was certainly much better than all those Money in the Bank match. Entertaining bullshit for sure.

BTW, El-P isn't the only one who doesn't know Jinder Mahal's name. :D

https://youtu.be/_KMgJXeK1Gg?t=379

Ginger Mahal. Ah ah ! Well done.