BigBadMick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ric Flair suggested the following WM matches on his podcast:

- Charlotte vs. Ronda Rousey

- Triple H vs. Shane McMahon

I actually like the second one. There's a genuine issue there (maybe), and because they're against each other, they both take up one spot on the card instead of two. I have no interest in seeing either of them against anyone else on the roster. Even Triple H vs. Seth Rollins holds no appeal for me. The turn was convoluted and pointless, and Rollins has flopped hard as a babyface.

I was actually thinking about posting that. If they get Rousey it's a natural for her v Charlotte. Going with Steph in that spot would be a disappointment after Charlotte's growth the last year. It will come down to ego I guess

I still think they will do HHH v Rollins because that was planned for last year and Hunter wants to get that one in on his resume

I'm curious where they go with the title. If Reigns doesn't win it at Roadblock, it would seem to signal they're holding off on Owens/Jericho for Mania, but that feels awfully weak for a title match and would also seem to leave Reigns in the cold with Brock/Goldberg and Triple H/Rollins locked in. Not sure who you pair him with on the Raw side but at the same time can't imagine him without a prominent match.

After Undertaker's appearance in SmackDown, I'm more inclined to think he would have a match against either AJ or Cena.

Unless they can build something for Roman starting at Roadblock, the best case for him is being a third wheel in the KO/Jericho feud. Maybe a feud with Strowman for the US belt?

I honestly thought we'd see Reigns vs Goldberg at WM after Survivor Series but if they are doing Lesnar-Goldberg III that won't happen. Could be a three way match where Reigns beats them both. But I only think that because Reigns was a guy Goldberg had mentioned in previous interviews about wanting to work with if he came back based on their similar backgrounds and Georgia vs Georgia Tech rivalry. I only want to see HHH-Rollins to get it over with and I don't like either guy anyway so they don't take two matches. I could maybe see Shane vs Miz if only since Bryan can't wrestle and that angle has to pay off sometime as well. Taker vs Strowman might be a possibility too if they do AJ-Cena. Definitely a lot of moving parts this year so the card is not as predictable four months out. And who knows if the Rock will wrestle again this year.

Brock vs Goldberg

Hunter vs Rollins

They both seem like obvious locks.

Cena vs Taker. Taker beats AJ for the belt at Rumble and Cena beats Taker at WM to tie the record. I think making it for the Title weakens the suspense of the outcome but it's the biggest match other than Brock/Goldberg they can do and they can go back to Cena/AJ after Mania when Taker goes again.

Reigns vs Balor. Balor's due back for the start of Mania season and it'd be impossible to not put him back into the title picture. Plus putting Reigns against a fresh babyface act with a big entrance at Mania would be so WWE. Reigns wins the Title at Rumble in a 4 way when Jericho goes for the win and costs Owens.

Owens vs Jericho. It's happening and it doesn't need the Title. Owens losing the Title is the obvious catalyst for the turn/split too.

Charlotte vs Sasha vs Bayley. I don't see anyway they leave one of them out of the big Mania match or doing more than 2 Women's matches on the main card.

Becky vs Nikki. Same as above. Only 2 stars in the SD division that would be missed on the card. They'll find some match to get all the other Women on the card even if it ends up getting into double digit hours.

Orton/Wyatt vs Alpha. It's very obvious that they've held off on AA so they can have the big moment at Mania. I spose they carry on with the Wyatt team up to Mania do they have a credible team to beat. It's them or The Usos and there's too many diversions between now and then for that to work.

Obvious neglections are AJ/Ambrose/Strowman. Braun winning the Battle Royal is probably the better move than fast tracking him into the Reigns match. Hopefully they get Joe and or Nakamura up by then and that solves the issue with AJ and/or Ambrose. Watch them end up doing AJ vs Shane.

Brock vs Goldberg

Hunter vs Rollins

They both seem like obvious locks.

Cena vs Taker. Taker beats AJ for the belt at Rumble and Cena beats Taker at WM to tie the record. I think making it for the Title weakens the suspense of the outcome but it's the biggest match other than Brock/Goldberg they can do and they can go back to Cena/AJ after Mania when Taker goes again.

Reigns vs Balor. Balor's due back for the start of Mania season and it'd be impossible to not put him back into the title picture. Plus putting Reigns against a fresh babyface act with a big entrance at Mania would be so WWE. Reigns wins the Title at Rumble in a 4 way when Jericho goes for the win and costs Owens.

Owens vs Jericho. It's happening and it doesn't need the Title. Owens losing the Title is the obvious catalyst for the turn/split too.

Charlotte vs Sasha vs Bayley. I don't see anyway they leave one of them out of the big Mania match or doing more than 2 Women's matches on the main card.

Becky vs Nikki. Same as above. Only 2 stars in the SD division that would be missed on the card. They'll find some match to get all the other Women on the card even if it ends up getting into double digit hours.

Orton/Wyatt vs Alpha. It's very obvious that they've held off on AA so they can have the big moment at Mania. I spose they carry on with the Wyatt team up to Mania do they have a credible team to beat. It's them or The Usos and there's too many diversions between now and then for that to work.

Obvious neglections are AJ/Ambrose/Strowman. Braun winning the Battle Royal is probably the better move than fast tracking him into the Reigns match. Hopefully they get Joe and or Nakamura up by then and that solves the issue with AJ and/or Ambrose. Watch them end up doing AJ vs Shane.

Totally forgot about Balor, and while I put zero credence in the Rumble four way scenario you bring up because it makes much too much sense, I love it.

Totally agree on the Raw women's threeway as well Nikki vs. heel Becky on Smackdown's side. Only wrinkle there is if Charlotte is in fact paired off with Rousey or something else marquee, then I could easily see Sasha/Bayley getting a big push as the follow up to their NXT matches.

It definitely feels as though AJ or Roman will be out in the cold and I hope there's a way around that.

Updated

Brock vs Goldberg

Rollins vs HHH

Cena vs Taker (WWE Title)

Reigns vs Balor (Universal Title)

Jericho vs Owens

American Alpha vs Wyatts (SD Tag Titles)

Charlotte v Sasha v Bayley (Raw Womens Title)

Ambrose vs Zayne (IC Title vs U.S. non-title)

Styles vs Shane* (Some weird stip)

Preshow

Rumble (won by Strowman or Joe)

Cruiser Ladder Match

Seamus/Cesaro vs New Day vs Enzo/Cass vs Club (Raw Tag Titles)

Becky vs Bella (Sd Womens Title)

*Lack of options for Styles on the whole if they do the title between Taker and Cena. I would rather them keep the belt on Styles, but then I am not sure who challenges him for the belt unless they make a trade or pull something else.

WM33 men's focused program predictions... before Roadblock 2016 (PPV) unfolds:

Dean Ambrose vs. Samoa Joe

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

SmackDown Tag Titles Match

Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton vs. Brothers of Destruction

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Universal Title Match

Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Title Match

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Is Show vs Shaq actually happening?

Shit..... forgot about that. I assumed it still was, but maybe not?....

I am having a hard time figuring out what they cut from the main show or how they cut time. Is the preshow going to start at 9AM and the main card at noon?