Pro Wrestling Only

Speculation on the WrestleMania 33 card

BigBadMick

So… Orton vs Bray or Orton vs Cena ? Major yawn to both.

Speaking about yawn, HHH vs Rollins. Want to see that Trip intro though.

Roman Reigns vs Zombitaker.

Braun vs….. no idea.

Lesnar destroying Goldy (that's the least he could do)

Charlotte vs Asuka. Yeah, I know it won't happen, but a four-way cluster for the women would be such a disapointment and unfair treatment.

……...

Coming off this poor Rumble, things are so not exciting.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Well, actually I did watch the go-home SD before the Rumble and man, was that nothing or what. A short JTTS battle royal won by the awful Mojo Riley. A neverending typical my-turn your-turn promo segment with Cena & AJ (straight out of every WWE interview segment from the last 17 years). A terrible "comedy" segment with Carmella and Ellsworth doing "Pretty Woman". A non woman's match. Wow. Yeah, felt like the greatest pro-wrestling TV show ever or something. Maybe it was just a bad show, but it felt like every terrible WWE TV I've stumble upon over the years. I have zero interest in WWE TV format, it's the last thing I want to watch even with the great french announcers making things way easier. I'll keep on cherry picking matches.

No. Well, actually I did watch the go-home SD before the Rumble and man, was that nothing or what. A short JTTS battle royal won by the awful Mojo Riley. A neverending typical my-turn your-turn promo segment with Cena & AJ (straight out of every WWE interview segment from the last 17 years). A terrible "comedy" segment with Carmella and Ellsworth doing "Pretty Woman". A non woman's match. Wow. Yeah, felt like the greatest pro-wrestling TV show ever or something. Maybe it was just a bad show, but it felt like every terrible WWE TV I've stumble upon over the years. I have zero interest in WWE TV format, it's the last thing I want to watch even with the great french announcers making things way easier. I'll keep on cherry picking matches.

Yeah, so Orton-Wyatt would seem underwhelming then.

It's been a great built up story for many of months now, something you wouldn't totally get without actually watching the show.

If you told me that Orton vs Cena headlining Wrestlemania was a thing seven months ago, I would indeed be annoyed by the idea.

But when you have Orton at his most interesting since at least 2009, and Cena being his usual amazing self, things change. I get that for some people who don't watch the product on a weekly basis the idea might seem a turnoff, but considering how well they've kept Orton and Cena away since the brand split, it's going to provide an interesting program, to say the least.

Yeah, so Orton-Wyatt would seem underwhelming then.

It's been a great built up story for many of months now, something you wouldn't totally get without actually watching the show.

Please, don't drop the "SD is such a complex and compelling show you have to watch to get how great this feud actually is" on me. I've seen everything by now. It's Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt. Giant Baba, Riki Choshu, Kevin Sullivan, Paul Heyman, Bill Watts all in together at best best of their booking trickery couldn't make me care about them. Orton has been a black hole for a decade plus. Wyatt is the new black hole. This match is the supernova of dullness and suck.

Actually, old-ass Taker being punched in the face by Roman Reigns while a stadium shits on the match sounds quite appealing. I hope Roman gets over actually, as Taker has overstayed his welcome (well, his comebacks) for a few years now. Turn the fucker heel already. Seeing Cena work his magic was such a cruel reminder that Reigns just isn't all of that and a bag of potato chips.

Meltzer given impression that Samoa Joe's WM33 opponent will not necessarily be "good news." Rollins vs. Joe is for Fast Lane.

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles has been talked about for WM33. No finalization yet.

In addition to Rollins vs. Joe, Kevin Owens will defend the Universal Title against Goldberg at Fast Lane.

Sonic's note: Pretty obvious that Lesnar will dethrone Goldberg for the Universal TItle at WM33.

Dave said on WOR that Cena's opponent at mania will "not be good news". I'm thinking Corbin. I mean I like him and they could have a good match but that wording from Dave specifically makes me think it's him. Maybe Ziggler?

Obviously he meant Wade Barrett is returning.

Dave said on WOR that Cena's opponent at mania will "not be good news". I'm thinking Corbin. I mean I like him and they could have a good match but that wording from Dave specifically makes me think it's him. Maybe Ziggler?

Dave for some reason is loathe to give Corbin any credit for improving. Seems like a bit of a weak match at this point for Cena though considering he was supposedly slated to work Undertaker. Cena beat him clean on TV a couple of weeks ago too. But I think they could do something surprisingly good.

It's not even that Cena/Corbin was bad, but the finish felt a bit rushed. Given how they barely had Cena celebrating after winning, I would think they had to pack things up due to time constraints.

I think that Corbin, with the proper build and time, can have a great 2007-esque match against Cena, really. The End of Days has never been kicked out of, so there's already a story into the match.

As for Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki, I wouldn't mind it either. Wrestlemania always was a more spectacle-oriented event, and a fun tag match like that can work very well, specially when the 4 people involved have some nice stuff going on for them.

Does Meltzer enjoy ANYTHING in WWE? Does he actually watch Smackdown & pay attention? If so, not sure how he could say Cena vs. Corbin is "not good news" especially since he's always complaining about WWE not using part timers to put over new guys at WrestleMania. Corbin just put on 2 great performances in December against Kalisto at TLC and in the 3-way title match on Smackdown, he's good. Even if Corbin loses to Cena just having him in that high profile of a match would be big for his career.

Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse would also be good and reward 3 people who have been a big part in making Smackdown the better show since the split (and use Cena to make the match more important)

Does Meltzer enjoy ANYTHING in WWE? Does he actually watch Smackdown & pay attention? If so, not sure how he could say Cena vs. Corbin is "not good news" especially since he's always complaining about WWE not using part timers to put over new guys at WrestleMania. Corbin just put on 2 great performances in December against Kalisto at TLC and in the 3-way title match on Smackdown, he's good. Even if Corbin loses to Cena just having him in that high profile of a match would be big for his career.

Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse would also be good and reward 3 people who have been a big part in making Smackdown the better show since the split (and use Cena to make the match more important)

I don't know. I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't be excited about either of those as a featured match at Mania. Of the two, I'd prefer Cena-Corbin because at least that could have a greater point.

Cena/Nikki v. Miz/Maryse would make for some good wrestling TV and good reality TV. Win-win.

Corbin just put on [a] great performances [at] December against Kalisto at TLC

That match was awesome & Meltzer gave it 2 3/4 stars...but on the same PPV gave Styles Vs. Ambrose 4 1/2.

Dude is just about as far away from my opinions as can be.

I will watch and I am really trying not to be down on the rumble or mania, but I am really deflated about it. I am not a huge fan of how things started getting laid out at the Rumble. It just doesn't hold my attention and most of what I have read here and there about rumors seem even less interesting. Lots of sporadic, hot shot booking if things play out in any of the ways the interwebs say they will.