Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Toronto/WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Grimmas

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Twitter it would seem I'm in the minority on Asuka/James as I thought it was pretty underwhelming, outside of the German on the floor. Mickie was rushing a ton, including beating the count after that spot and tapping right away. Asuka has a great presence and is very fundamentally sound, but something about her doesn't connect at all and her matches only go as far as her opponent can take them rather than carrying an opponent to something great. Maybe **3/4 for that.

From Twitter it would seem I'm in the minority on Asuka/James as I thought it was pretty underwhelming, outside of the German on the floor. Mickie was rushing a ton, including beating the count after that spot and tapping right away. Asuka has a great presence and is very fundamentally sound, but something about her doesn't connect at all and her matches only go as far as her opponent can take them rather than carrying an opponent to something great. Maybe **3/4 for that.

Yeah, I hated it. Kinda sloppy, kinda slow, being in the death spot didn't help it. Glad Asuka retained. The German spot was gross though. Mickie's slap was pretty good too.

Yeah, I hated it. Kinda sloppy, kinda slow, being in the death spot didn't help it. Glad Asuka retained. The German spot was gross though. Mickie's slap was pretty good too.

Glad it wasn't just me. Actually probably should rate that a bit lower. Finish was really terrible.

I don't know I didn't have a problem with the match against Mickie James at all. I mean the idea that Mickie was the veteran that can play mind games and knows all the tricks against Asuka is a bit nuts but I thought she handled herself well. I look at it this way. Is there anyone on the current NXT roster that could have put on a better title match? Maybe Ember Moon but I don't know about that yet

I don't know I didn't have a problem with the match against Mickie James at all. I mean the idea that Mickie was the veteran that can play mind games and knows all the tricks against Asuka is a bit nuts but I thought she handled herself well. I look at it this way. Is there anyone on the current NXT roster that could have put on a better title match? Maybe Ember Moon but I don't know about that yet

Although that maybe true, that isn't a positive for this match as much as a negative against the rest of the current NXT crop of women. NXT is really hurting since the last call-ups.

I mean, it wasn't an offensive match or anything. It just felt like a throwaway 2-star TV match.

Also, Ember Moon is probably where this is headed, isn't it? Hold off til Mania weekend and have her hit the O-Face in a massive spot.

Also, Ember Moon is probably where this is headed, isn't it? Hold off til Mania weekend and have her hit the O-Face in a massive spot.

Based on TV, Ember is going to help Liv kill the Australian girls first.

Tag team match was incredible. Corey Graves has been pretty good tonight too, which is surprising to me.

I love Nakamura but he feels like he's been coasting in NXT. His entrance is amazing and his finish is good though.

I want them to call Samoa Joe up to the main roster.