Pro Wrestling Only

WWF on Tour December 1984

LowBlowPodcast

Would love guidance on long term planning. I just kind of sit down week to week and type what comes to mind and sometimes I feel that I have too many wrestlers that deserve an angle and I get stuck.

How many wrestlers do you guys use at the top of your promotion vs midcaders? How many wrestlers or teams do you give pushes too. Do you kind of leave some people laying in the weeds biding their time.

Any ideas or thoughts would be very helpful coming into the new year. Please PM me as I feel I am the most unorganized at this.

WWF on Tour 12/19 – 12/21

Providence, RI - Civic Center

Bangor, ME – Auditorium

Columbus, OH - Ohio Center

The Killer Bees defeated Jake Roberts & Kevin Sullivan – Sullivan and Jake had some serious issues and Jake DDTs Sullivan!

The Haku, Tonga, & The Barbarian defeated The Youngbloods & SD Jones

Big Fred Ottman defeated Hercules

King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd w/ Heenan defeated Tony Atlas & Sgt. Slaughter

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper & Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF on Tour 12/19 – 12/21

Elizabeth, NJ - Dunn Recreation Center

Waterville, ME – Civic Center

Wildwood, NJ - Convention Hall

Jim Neidhart w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Brutus Beefcake

Tito Santana defeated Bret Hart w/ Jimmy Hart

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The British Bulldogs –With help from Kruschev

Jack & Jerry Brisco vs Terry & Dory Funk went to a double DQ!

MAIN EVENT

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Gino Hernandez © w/ Woman via Count Out

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Terry & Dory Funk defeated Mark & Jay Youngblood

-Terry and Dory are back as they have been cleared to wrestle by Bruno Sammartino. They are pure chaos in a bottle as Terry is willing to take the fight all over the ringside area. Dory is more polished in the ring but he shows his vicious side. In the end, it is Mark Youngblood who gets nailed with a SPIKE PILEDRIVER for the 1…2….3! We had an inset interview from the Briscos as they put over the big showdown next week in Madison Square Garden!

*COMMERCIAL*

David Sammartino defeated Johnny Rodz

-The son of the father if you will… David continues to shine in his own special way here in the WWF. He continues to pile up the wins but just isn’t getting over with the fans enough. We see the big bear hug and then a slam on Rodz for the 1…2…3! What is this guy missing?

*COMMERCIAL*

One Man Gang defeated Pez Whatley & Terry Daniels

-The big man, the One Man Gang is live and in color and he just hadles Pistol Pez and Terry Daniels with much ease. He stacks them up for double moves and then some big double slams. Then a big 747 on both men for the pinfall and the 1….2….3! He works the crowd as Gorilla and Bobby put over how we will hear from him next in the event center!

EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Welcome everyone to the WWF Event Center, I am Gene Okerlund and fans we are a mere eight days away from what many have considered to go down as the most important professional wrestling event of our era. The Brawl to End it All is what they are calling it and this will truly be an event of enormous magnitude. On the card, we will see some of the biggest matches including a battle of the giants… it is the One Man Gang taking on Andre the Giant. We know that the Gang has been financed by Nick Bockwinkel to take out Hulk Hogan but the Hulkster’s friend, Andre the Giant has been there to help him. Let’s hear from both men!

One Man Gang: Lemme tell you something Big Man Andre… you call yourself a giant but you are going to be looking up at the lights when I get done with you. I have got a pair of 747 splashes ready to crash land on YOU!

Andre The Giant: I am a man of few words… but One Man Gang you will see I am a man of action. I am the one true giant in professional wrestling and you are going to feel my wrath!

Mean Gene: I am hoping that the ring is going to be specially reinforced for that contest. Along with that match, three title matches have been signed. We will see a first time match in Madison Square Garden as it will be a four-team elimination match! That’s right… four-teams will compete at once, anyone can be tagged in. This is going to be pure pandemonium as Haku and Tonga team up to take on the Killer Bees and the enormous team of Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy as they all try to defeat the champions… Ivan and Nikita Koloff! We will also see the unification of the sel-proclaimed Real World Championship and the Hulkster’s WWF Championship when Nick Bockwinkel and Hulk Hogan do battle. A special stipulation… the loser must leave the WWF for one full year! The other title match… this one could sell out anywhere in the country. It is said to be the final match between the two as Gino Hernandez defends his Intercontinental Championship against Randy Macho Man Savage. Hernandez will have Woman in his corner and Elizabeth will be in the corner of Randy Savage. Let’ s head from both men.

Gino Hernandez: Time and time again I have proven to the world that I am the most elusive and exciting wrestler in the world. I have been in there with everyone. I am the man that men want to be and the man women want to be with and Savage… this title right here means I am the best in the world at this thing we call professional wrestling pal. You have lined up… you are in my sights and it is all over but the crying! Those tears are going to stream down your face when you see me with my hand raised high… Woman on my left and Elizabeth on my right! It will truly be your end Savage… and then they will be calling me the MACHO MAN! HAHAHA!

Randy Savage: I am sick and tired of waiting. Hernandez… if you wanna do the thing, let’s do the thing right now. YEAH! I am ready. In the street. In the parking lot. In the park. In the forest. I don’t give a damn… I WANT YA! I AM COMING TO GET YA! You are going to find out what the Savage inside of me is like! DIG IT!

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Brutus Beefcake & Tito Santana vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-Tito has to start this one by himself, as Brutus is nowhere to be found but Gorilla and Bobby do get footage that he was attacked by the Harts. We see them walking out of the locker room and him on the ground trying to recover. The match is a good one with Tito really bringing his working boots and putting together a fun little handicap contest. As the match breaks down, we see the moment that Tito needs to get the tag and the crowd erupts when Brutus Beefcake runs down to the ring. Tito goes to make the tag but Brutus CRACKS HIM RIGHT IN THE HEAD! The Hart’s pounce on Tito and they are hammering away at him! The referees come down to check it out and stop the action but Jimmy Hart is orchestrating it all right here! This is pure chaos!

12/22

Boston, MA

Big Fred Ottman defeated Masked Superstar via COUNT OUT!

Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas – WHEN HE USED THE CHAIN!

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton defeated Jimmy Snuka & Sgt. Slaughter

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL TO DETERMINE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy defeated The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, The Briscoe Brothers, The Funks, The Youngbloods, The Barbarian & Jake Roberts, The Killer Bees, Haku & Tonga, & Los Conquistadors!

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage & Tito Santana w/ Elizabeth defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff © via DQ when Krushev interfered!

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Hernandez © defeated Sgt. Slaughter

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated the One Man Gang

-After the match, Hogan was goaded into a confrontation with Nick Bockwinkel that ended up with Gang attacking Hogan and laying him out for Bockwinkel to really put the boots to him. The entire Heenan Family came out and tried to end Hogan and he was selling it like a champ! A slew of babyfaces ran out to stop the action but the harm was done. Bockwinkel got on the microphone to let everyone know that there would be only one champion in a week and that it would be him!

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Haku, Tonga, & The Barbarian w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated The Medics

-A fun introductory six-man for these three as Sullivan is introducing his faces of fear as he calls them to the world. We see the medics, guys under hoods, get just destroyed. We hear Vince and Jesse put over the issue between Sullivan and Jake Roberts but nothing major as we see the Barbarian hit a running powerslam on one of the medics before Haku and Tonga both come off the ropes with flying headbutts for the 1….2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Tony Garea

-Jake Roberts comes out and Kevin Sullivan does not join him. Vince and Jesse speculate on the issue as we just saw Sullivan with the Samoans. Roberts is able to handle Garea here and gets a nice DDT in for the victory. We then see Sullivan come out with the Samoans and they enter the ring with Roberts. Roberts then offers a hand to Sullivan and they shake as the Samoans turn their back to play to the crowd… just then Roberts turns Sullivan back around for a DDT! OH MY! DDT! The Samoans turn and Roberts flies out of the ring and back up the aisle! He has outsmarted the demonic Sullivan tonight!

EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Treachery is afoot here in the WWF, as we have seen some serious changing in attitudes over the past couple of weeks. I guess some people may not be on Santa’s nice list after all. It first started with Haku and Tonga aligning themselves with their “family” the Barbarian and going under the guise of Kevin Sullivan. With that action, we just saw Jake Roberts stick it to Sullivan and now he is on his own… we will hear from Roberts in just a moment. The one I am hoping to hear from is Brutus Beefcake as he just signed a contract with Jimmy Hart… what a snake in the grass… let’s go to words from Brutus after what he did last night to Tito Santana!

Brutus Beefcake: Everyone wants to know why I did what I did… easy… it was for the money! For the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to get myself in the best position in the WWF and Jimmy Hart gave me the opportunity… he gave me the opportunity of a lifetime to join his Hart Foundation. Now you are looking at the cream of the crop in the WWF and Tito Santana… you were one of the first of many who are just going go down at our hands. HAHAHA!

Jake Roberts: I guess the cat… or the snake is out of the bag if you will. You see I am not a man to come out and get cheered or booed. Hell I could care less what you think of me, but know this… you will respect me. Kevin Sullivan… you call yourself a master of evil well son you climbed up the wrong tree and the serpent jumped right out to give you a taste of your own medicine. There is no one in the world that can get up the DDT… trust me… go ahead… trust me!

Mean Gene: I don’t know if anyone can trust Jake Roberts… that guy is a snake but you have to give him some credit on going it along. Speaking of going it alone… Nick Bockwinkel said that he would not have any interference against Hulk Hogan when he faced him next week in Madison Square Garden for the Heavyweight Championship of the World. He has called Hogan every name in the book and now it is time… for the Brawl to End it All next week… let’s hear from both competitors!

Nick Bockwinkel: Oh Hulk or Hulk… where will you go? Perhaps you can go to barber school or even get a job as a janitor… because mark my words Hulk Hogan… in one week… under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden… your tenure in the WWF will be over. Your self proclaimed Title Run will be over. Hulk Hogan I am going to end your career next week… because I am not only going to end the match but I am going to put an end to you. I am going to hurt you Hogan. I am going to cripple you. I am going to make you beg and plead for me to stop… and I will not do it! I am going to break you down… piece by piece and do you so bad no one will want to touch you Hogan. No promoter in the world will sign the contract because you will be a physical liability. The time for Hulkamania has come but it is about to go… into the sunset… and with it… all the hopes and dreams of all your little Hulkamaniacs!

Hulk Hogan: Well lemme tell you something Nick Bockwinkel… you have come out here and talked a lot of trash dude… but the fact of the matter is that when push comes to shove brother… I am going to be the one pushing and shoving you all over the ring dude. Like I have said… I know your list of accolades is a mile long. I know you have traveled and competed and been successful all over the world but brother… so have I. I have spread the word of Hulkamania to people from Chicago to New York to London to Paris to Moscow to Beijing to Tokyo to Sydney to Los Angeles and back again brother. There are millions of Hulkamaniacs all over the world and each of them is pulling for me. Each of them is gunning for me to take you and everything you stand for down Nick Bockwinkel. The thing about it is this dude… when it is all said and done and the blood, the sweat, and the tears are wiped away… it is going to me and you…. You lying on your back looking up to the big guy in the sky and me with the world title raised high in the air. Bockwinkel, I will put the arm down for your brother… I will give you that one last chance to see who you really are… and if you try to cross me dude… I will put the world’s biggest leg across your chest and crush you down into oblivion SO WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!!

*COMMERCIAL*

Outlaw Ron Bass defeated Bob Bradley

-Newcomer on the scene, the Outlaw Ron Bass! He handles Bradley with no problem here and then we get to see the Texas Gordbuster for the 1…2….3! The Outlaw looks like a rough and tough individual; we’ll see how he fares here in the WWF!

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Andre the Giant vs Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

-It is not often that we get to see Andre the Giant in action and tonight is something special. He handles Hercules here and gets a huge pop from the crowd. Jesse and Vince talk about how he is truly the 8th wonder of the world and someone who has been unstoppable for nearly 10 years. Hercules tries his best but there is just nothing he can do and before long we see Andre with a huge suplex and then an elbow drop for the 1…2…3! Andre works the crowd as we see Bundy and Studd come out to help Hercules. Andre is welcoming them in but then out of the crowd… it is the ONE MAN GANG! The Gang comes from behind and NAILS Andre! Jesse and Vince go nuts putting this over as the Heenan Family and the One Man Gang are attacking Andre! We then see Tony Atlas & The British Bulldogs run down to the ring to break things up! Andre is one angry giant though as he gets out of the ring and makes chase to the One Man Gang! These guys meet in MSG NEXT WEEK!

12/23

Los Angeles, Olympic Auditorium

Terry Funk defeated Jerry Brisco

Jack Briscoe defeated Dory Funk

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © vs John Studd & King Kong Bundy went to a double DQ!

Gino Hernandez © defeated Sgt. Slaughter

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated The One Man Gang & Nick Bockwinkel via DQ!

Great series of shows. The event center interviews were spot on. You really have everyone in the right spot on your roster. Wonder how long Hogan can stop on top with Andre seemingly pushing towards the top spot. Two top faces like Hogan and Andre.... something is going to give sometime.

Also very interested where you go next with Savage and Hernandez. Looking forward to 1985 in the WWF much more then when I saw the real WWF in 1985.

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Outlaw Ron Bass defeated Barry Horowitz

-Another fun showcase for the Outlaw. He handles Horowitz like it’s his job. Bass uses the running bulldog tonight for the finish and the 1…2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jimmy Snuka defeated Victor Rivera

-The Superfly is very over with the crowd and works over Victor Rivera something special. We see the SUPERFLY for the pinfall and Snuka looks good as he prepares for the big showdown with Roddy Piper this weekend.

EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the event center, I am Gene Okerlund. Fans we are less that 24 hours away from this once in a lifetime event… it will truly be the Brawl to End it All! Let’s run down the card right now and see what is on store for the show tomorrow night in Madison Square Garden.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan vs Nick Bockwinkel

I BATTLE OF THE GIANTS

Andre the Giant vs One Man Gang

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Gino Hernadez © w/ Woman

STREET FIGHT

Jimmy Snuka vs Roddy Piper

TEXAS TORNADO TAG

Jack & Jerry Briscoe vs Terry & Dory Funk

SIX-MAN TAG

British Bulldogs & Tito Santana vs Brutus Beefcake & The Hart Foundation

TAG TEAM TITLES

The Russians © vs King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd vs The Killer Bees vs Haku & Tonga

Jake Roberts vs Kevin Sullivan

Mean Gene: I think one of the biggest matches on the card is going to be the big New York Street Fight with Roddy Piper taking on Jimmy Snuka. These two men have been at odds for most of the fall and this is going to be the final battle in this feud that has had plenty of bloodshed and tomorrow night plans on being the same.

Roddy Piper: They call it a New York Street Fight… they say anything goes and anything can happen. They say you can wear what you want and fight with whatever you can get your hands on. Well Jimmy Snuka… I am coming down there with a thing or two that is going to look great cracked right over your head. You see something Snuka… you are a primal animal… you are just a savage… but lemme tell you something right now Snuka… I am going to call on my primal instincts pal… I am going to go to the Scottish Streets and I am going to bring the fight that my people have been fighting since the beginning of time!

Jimmy Snuka: You call me an animal. You call me a Savage. You call me some kind of primate. Roddy Piper… I am going to be every one of those things you call me when we step into that ring. I am going to fight you tooth and nail brutha. I am going to find the tallest building in New York and give you the SUPERFLY off the top and put you out for good!

*COMMERCIAL*

David Sammartino defeated Bob Bradley

-Another showcase for David who is inching his way closer to mediocrity week by week here in the WWF. He handles Bob and finishes him with a nice bearhug slam for the 3 count.

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Tito Santana vs Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

-The new look of Brutus Beefcake with Jimmy Hart in toe. Tito comes out like a rabid dog and we have got a brawl in the middle of the ring. Brutus has resigned to the Memphis heel style of stalling and working slowly. Tito continues to bring the fight to him as this one goes about 12-minutes. Brutus is able to get in some offense and work over Tito but Tito fires back with the passion of 1,000 fires. In the end it is Tito who works over the knee of Brutus and then gets him locked in the figure four-leg lock! Brutus has no choice but to submit but Tito won’t let go! We see him hold on and lock it in tighter and tighter! The referee is calling for the bell and trying to get him to break but Tito won’t let go. Jimmy Hart is trying to get him to stop. Here come officials and agents as they try to break it up. Gorilla and Bobby say that he will be fined and suspended if this continues! Tito won’t let go and the crowd is going nuts! Here comes Bret and the Anvil. They try get after Tito who lets go and rolls out of the ring. Brutus is holding on to his knee and this could spell issues for the big six-man tomorrow night. What is going to happen here?!?

12/29

East Rutherford, NJ

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © vs Terry Funk

-This one goes about 32-minutes and is a barnburner from the word go. Hogan and Funk give this New Jersey crowd a taste of what they could have seen on a big stage as Funk and Hogan leave everything in the middle of the ring. We see Funk pull out the branding iron and cut Hogan open and then we see the big comeback before a huge Axe Bomber that takes Funk out of the ring to the floor. Hogan then comes out and body slams him into a table outside and gets back inside for the 10-count and the victory!

TUG OF WAR

Tony Atlas vs Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

- They break the chain and Hercules tries to attack but gets dealt with by Atlas and sends Hercules packing!

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT FLAG MATCH

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Krusher Kruschev

Sgt. Slaughter and Krushev leave it all in the ring. We see a bloody brawl that ends with Sarge hoisting up the American Flag and Krushev losing and now having to leave the country!

Big Fred Ottman defeated Kevin Sullivan ­

- Big Fred is able to get a measure of revenge on Sullivan as we see the Faces of Fear come out but Big Fred tosses them aside before hitting a huge Big Splash on Sullivan for the 3-count!

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Barbarian, Tonga, & Haku defeated Brady Boone, Bart Sawyer, & Johnny Rodz

-A good showcase for this six-man team of the Samoans. Barb is the strength, Haku is the power, and Tonga is the speed. Together they are about as good as it comes when it comes to brawling but they are unpolished. The Barbarian hits a huge powerslam on Rodz and here comes Tonga with a flying headbutt for the 1…2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Killer Bees defeated Lt. Wright & Jeff Gaylord

-We hear it first from Vince… but Jumping Jim and B Brian come out with some real fire tonight. The Killer Bees are coming with a lot of speed tonight and they hit the very young and inexperience Jeff Gaylord with a huge double dropkick for the 1…2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Welcome fans to the event center. I am Gene Okerlund. Last night in New Jersey, the WWF was live and what a night of action it was. The main event saw Hulk Hogan defend the WWF Championship against Terry Funk. The stars are aligned for the historic night in Madison Square Gardent his evening, just a few hours away. Let’s run down the card one more time…

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan vs Nick Bockwinkel

I BATTLE OF THE GIANTS

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Gino Hernadez © w/ Woman

STREET FIGHT

TEXAS TORNADO TAG

Jack & Jerry Briscoe vs Terry & Dory Funk

SIX-MAN TAG

British Bulldogs & Tito Santana vs Brutus Beefcake & The Hart Foundation

TAG TEAM TITLES

The Russians © vs King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd vs The Killer Bees vs Haku & Tonga

Mean Gene: Of course the card is full of great matches, but everyone is talking about the Heavyweight Championship showdown with Nick Bockwinkel and Hulk Hogan. This will be the showdown of the century in many people’s eyes with only one man walking out as the World Champion and the other having to leave the WWF! Let’s hear from these competitor.

Nick Bockwinkel: Hulk Hogan… the time for talking has come to an end and it is the time for action. Hulk Hogan I have been studying the film. I have gone through all of your tendencies with Bobby Heenan and we have devised a plan… the master plan if you will. I have noted your strengths… they are few and far between. I have highlighted your weaknesses… and they are abundant. Hulk Hogan you are a weak minded fool who puts too much trust in the people… well the people won’t be the in the ring with you and I am. I am going to be there and I am going to break you down… inch by inch… second by second until the time runs out and there is just nowhere for you to go… except to get gone… from the WWF for a year… and then I will be the true World Champion… recognized by all as the man who ended Hulkamania before it ever really began!

Hulk Hogan: Well you got one thing right there Nick Bockwinkel… the time for talking is done brother. Now is the time that the dues are paid and the fool is revealed and that fool is you Nick Bockwinkel. You are the man who is playing the song that no one is listening to… the man that no one can believe… You are the man who is going to look up into the lights tonight and see me… the one true world champion holding the title up for all the millions and millions of Hulkamaniancs to see. Nick Bockwinkel, I don’t even have the words to describe the feeling inside dude… I have got this feeling in the pit of my stomach that is building and building and brother tonight, in front of Madison Square Garden… in front of the world’s press… in front of every single wrestler in that lockeroom… I am going to put you down… once and for all. What are you going to do Nick Bockwinkel when the final bell rings and Hulkamania has put an END TO YOU!

*COMMERCIAL*

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Pez Whatley & SD Jones

-The tag team champions look to be UNSTOPPABLE heading into the final days of 1984… what will the future hold for them in 1985? We see Nikita hit a Russian Sickle that just rips Whatley’s head off for the 1…2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jack Brisco vs Bret Hart w/ Jimmy Hart

-A nice random match for our main event tonight and it is a fun one. These guys go about 12-minutes, which is quite long for the time period. Jesse and Vince really put this one over in a big way. These guys go move for move and see some fun catch as catch can wrestling. In the final moments we see Dory Funk come out but Jerry Brisco comes out and fights him in the aisle. Inside the ring, Bret Hart hits a nasty chop block on Jack and then roll shim up with a hand full of tights for the 1…2….3!! Bret Hart wins it. Vince and Jesse put it through the roof as we are just moments away from the Brawl to End it All live from MSG! Get Pumped!

WWF PRESENTS: The BRAWL to END it ALL!

Live from Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York

Sunday December 30th, 1984

Announcer: Howard Finkel

Ringside: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

-What a way to kick things off tonight in MSG as we get to see the snake and the serpent for all intensive purposes do battle in a nice 15-minute opener. It is Sullivan who plays the mind-games but Roberts who turns the tide before putting the finishing touches on this issue between the two men. We see the quick jabs and then the short arm clothesline before setting up for the DDT! 1….2….3! Roberts has won and he gets a little pop from the crowd. We see Barb, Haku, & Tonga run down to the ring but then Roberts has got some kind of a bag… he opens it and lets loose this humungous snake on Sullivan’s body! We see the Faces of Fear back off and go up the ramp! Jake holds up the Snake and works the crowd.

TAG TEAM TITLES

The Russians © vs King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd w/ Heenan vs The Killer Bees vs Haku & Tonga

-A truly historic contest here with four big time teams doing action. It is pretty fun to see all eight-men around the ring and get involved but with the elimination rules, it breaks down and we get to see the big time match up of Bundy and Studd vs the Russians. One has to wonder if the match was built this way as to not sell it as a heel vs heel match. When it does break down to the Russians vs the Giants, it is a fun 8-minute little contest with neither team getting the big pop. The biggest pop does come with Nikita hitting Studd with a huge Russian Sickle knocking him back into the ropes and then picking him up for a body/powerslam for the 1…2….3! The Russians retain the titles and the crowd is stirring. Studd and Bundy are arguing as Heenan is trying to break them up as they go up the aisle.

-An interesting turn of events as we see Gorilla and Jesse talking about the injuries to Brutus Beefcake from the other night’s match with Tito Santana. We see Jimmy Hart come out and he is cutting a scathing promo on Tito before he introduces the newest member of the Hart Foundation and the man who will take Brutus’ part in the tag match…

GregValentine_zpsf5c2ec7c.jpg

SIX-MAN TAG

British Bulldogs & Tito Santana vs Greg The Hammer Valentine & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-GREG VALENTINE! The Hammer is here and here comes Tito and they are throwing rights and lefts right in the aisle! The Bulldogs and the Harts just start pummeling each other as well and the referee has completely lost control of the match. Once order is restored, we see multiple entries and exits from all six-men. In the scheme of all the chaos, Tito Santana hits a flying forearm on Valentine and they battle outside the ring. Dynamite Kid is hammered in the back of the head with the megaphone. Bret Hart rolls him up for the 3-count and the Hart Foundation have won it. Gorilla and Jesse are putting this over huge as Valentine and Tito are just getting warmed up.

TEXAS TORNADO TAG

Jack & Jerry Brisco vs Terry & Dory Funk

-For the chaos we just saw, this one takes the cake. These guys go all over the place and with all four men in the ring at one time… it is pure insanity. Early on we see Terry busted wide open when Jack throws him into the ring post. Dory and Jerry do some decent work on one side of the ring and then Jack and Terry take the fight into the crowd. In the final 2-3 minutes of the contest, the chaos causes the referee to get rocked. The final moments see Terry Funk just ROCK Jack Brisco with that damned branding iron and he goes down hard! Terry does the same to Jerry as both men are laid out. The Funks then grasp one another and walk out of the ring and go to the back. This one ends up being a no contest with all the chaos. Jack and Jerry are trying to get themselves together as Terry and Dory vanish into the back. Really not sure what happened here?

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Gino Hernandez © w/ Woman

-This is one we have been waiting for as Savage is pacing the ring to try and get his hands on Gino. We see Woman come out and she looks beyond amazing but Gino is nowhere to be found… Savage is looking on… wait a minute… Hernandez comes from behind and nails Savage. This one is underway and chaos has ensued. Savage is kicked in the back of the skull and he goes down. Then we see Gino grab Elizabeth… he says he is going to kiss her as he parades her around the ring and then Savage comes out of nowhere with a huge right hand right to his jaw! OH MY! Savage is pounding away on Gino as the referee tries to pull him off but Savage pushes him away! Savage is enraged as Gino rolls out of the ring and Woman consoles him… but Savage goes up top and flies off the top rope and nails Hernandez! These guys slow down the pace for a couple of minutes but then it picks back up when Hernandez gets something from Woman and nails Savage but he goes out to the ring. We see Woman walk over and tries to rack Savages eyes but Elizabeth grabs her and throws her to the ground! Savage looks at her and gives her a hug but then we see Gino with a baseball slide and he just destroys Savage! Gino brings him back into the ring and he is looking to finish. He hits a hot shot suplex and then goes for a pin but stops short… he looks out to Elizabeth and then goes over to the ropes and goes up top. Hernandez poses like Savage and then leaps off for an elbow drop but Savage moves! Hernandez is trying to get some feeling back in his arm as Savage gets up. Savage with a couple of right jabs and then Hernandez with a big swing but Savage ducks and hits an atomic drop and Gino goes flying into the turnbuckle and falls backwards for Savage to roll him up for the 1….2….3!!! WE HAVE A NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION! SAVAGE HAS WON IT! The MSG crowd is going NUTS! Gorilla and Jesse are putting this over in the biggest way as Savage and Elizabeth hug in the ring.

hqdefault.jpg

Gorilla Monsoon: Randy Savage, history has been made… what a way to end 1984…

Randy Savage: Gorilla Monsoon you are absolutely right. This is the crowning moment of my career in the WWF and if you ask me it is just the beginning yeah! Gino Hernandez, you are a tough competitor but when you try to mess with Elizabeth, you are climbing up the wrong tree… yeah! This right here is a title belt but this right here (Elizabeth) is the reason why I am the Macho Man and the best there is in the world… DIG IT!

I BATTLE OF THE GIANTS

-With the chaos of the previous match, we get a little bit of a slow down here with these two humongous men. This one is a slow 10-minute contest with the Gang getting in some offense and trying to slow down Andre but the Giant continues to fight back. We see him nail Gang with some HUGE right hands and then hits a big boot to the mush! The Gang is reeling as he stumbles back into Andre and BODY SLAM! Andre then drops a huge elbow for the 1….2….3! Andre has won the battle of the giants! The crowd is happy to see the big man pick up the victory as he goes out and shakes hands with the people.

NEW YORK STREET FIGHT

CAN’T ANSWER THE 10 COUNT IN THE RING

-In a fun nod, Roddy Piper is wearing a #16 Joe Montana shirt as the 49ers knocked off the giants the night before in the playoffs. Snuka comes out just ready to go and we get some great brawling early on as Piper gets busted WIDE open early and he is a mess around the ring. The fans seem to be solidly behind Snuka as he does maintain control of the contest, but the tide turns when they go towards the entrance and someone just NAILS Snuka from behind! It is Cowboy Bob Orton and he comes out and just lays the boots to Snuka. We see Piper pick up a guardrail and then suplex it on Snuka in the aisleway and then walk back into the ring a the referee counts to 10. Piper is the winner but he is laid out in the ring. Here comes Orton to hoist him up as they celebrate. Snuka is underneath the guardrail and in a bad way as Orton and Piper stomp on the rail as they exit the arena to a chorus of boos!

-We get a quick 10-minute intermission as we get a quick ten-man-mini battle royal featuring Little Tokyo, Cowboy Lang, Lone Eagle, Tiny Tom, Little Coco, Chili Bowl, Butch Cassidy, The Haiti Kid, Sonny Boy Hayes, and Tiger Jackson. Little Tokyo ends up winning the intermission battle royal as the crowd is calm and ready… it is time for the main event of the evening…

Howard Finkel: Ladies and gentlemen, this is the main event of the evening. It is schedule for one fall with a 60-minute time limit. Both the WWF and “Real World’s Championship” will be at stake in this contest and the loser must leave the WWF for one full calendar year! Introducing first, he is the self-proclaimed “Real World’s Champion.” He weighs in tonight at 240 pounds. He hails from Beverly Hills, California. He is managed by Bobby the Brain Heenan. Ladies and gentlemen… Nick Bockwinkel! His opponent… he is the reigning WWF Heavyweight Champion of the World. He weighs in tonight at 303 pounds. He hails from Venice Beach, California. Ladies and gentlemen… Hulk Hogan!

x240-m6l.jpg

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan vs Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan

-This is the one that everyone has been waiting for. For 28-minutes, the MSG crowd gets a taste of the wrestler Hulk Hogan with the entertainer sprinkled in there. Nick Bockwinkel is truly on top of his game outside the ring and continually attempts to get involved but nothing doing. We get a couple of fun minutes inside the ring but when they take the battle outside, the crowd goes nuts. We see the brawling side of both men and then Heenan get involved which leads to a long segment of Bockwinkel taking control of the contest. He breaks down Hogan and wears down his knee. He continues to hammer down on the big man and looks to finish but Hogan has got something left in the tank. He makes a nice comeback before they go back outside the ring. The big turning point is when Hogan runs for a clothesline but Heenan pulls Bock out of the way and Hogan nails the ring post! Hogan is busted wide open! Bock jumps on top of him and pounds away with piston like right hands! Bockwinkel pulls Hogan back in the ring and gloats around as he looks to put the finishing touches on him. Bockwinkel with a huge PILEDRIVER! He picks up Hogan one more time and PILEDRIVER! Bock covers for the 1…2…..KICK OUT! HOGAN KICKS OUT AND HE IS HULKING UP! OMG! Hogan hulks up as only he can and we see Bockwinkel try to stop him but nothing doing. Hogan gets up and blocks a couple of big rights and then hammers away and sets up Bock for a huge AXE BOMBER!! Bockwinkel flies out of the ring and Hogan goes after him. He picks up Bock and bodyslam outside the ring! Heenan comes to nail Hogan in the back but Hogan grabs him and nails him with a right hand and bodyslam outside the ring. Bockwinkel is back in the ring, slowly getting up as Hogan rolls in the ring. Bock runs for a clothesline but Hogan ducks and hits the ropes as Bock does and then nails Bock with a huge FOOT TO THE MUSH! Hogan hits the ropes and LEG DROP! 1…….2…..3!!! HOGAN HAS DONE IT! HOGAN HAS DONE IT! HULK HOGAN IS THE UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! The crowd is going absolutely insane. Gorilla Monsoon puts this through the roof as Ventura says history has been made. Hogan holds up a sign and the title belt as we end 1984 with a bang and get 1985 started in the right direction!

6666714.jpg?231

Wonderful show and a great way to end 1984.

I know it was a good show as I found myself rooting as I read the matches. Was hopeful that Bockwinkle would come out on top but in true Hogan form, he pulled out a victory when it looked like he was going down.

Looking forward to what happens with Gino and to see who comes out as the big opponent for Hogan heading towards WrestleMania.

After all the build this card really delivered. Man you did a great job blowing off the feuds. Reading these matches was like being in the Garden live. All the matches were exciting. Piper/Snuka was insane, Savage finally capturing the IC title was a great moment and the Hogan/Bockwinkel match was an epic main event. I could feel the crowd's electricity during this show. Excellent way to end 84 and can't wait for 85.